General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
im2smrt4u
 
im2smrt4u's Avatar
 
I rode a little Honda 250 (CBF250 IIRC?) at the Honda Rider's School. It was pretty sweet!

Pretty powerful for a small bike, but easy to handle. Six speeds, great brakes (went from 20 km/h to 0 in 8 feet in the riders test), and a fuel gauge even!
__________________
I <3 starkizzer
Old 08-30-2005, 12:08 PM im2smrt4u is offline  
Reply With Quote
#271  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

WickedAngel
 
Does anyone here have any opinions on cruisers? Are they too cumbersome for beginners?

The reason I ask is that I'm looking at a Yamaha XV700 Virago. It's in superb condition, but the bike is extremely heavy (I believe it is around 450lbs).

I'm also looking at a Kawasaki 800a Vulcan and I believe the weight is similar.
__________________
Hi2U

Last edited by WickedAngel; 08-31-2005 at 08:05 PM..
Old 08-31-2005, 08:02 PM WickedAngel is offline  
Reply With Quote
#272  

SoulChaser
 
The bike I am riding now (it is also the bike I first rode other than a dirt bike) is a Vulcan 800 classic, The weight is all very low to the ground unlike sportbike and sport tourers which are pretty top heavy. In the last two weeks I have done about 150 miles on the Vulcan and hope to do a few more tonight. Just take it easy to you get the feel of the bike and you should be fine
Old 09-01-2005, 06:59 AM SoulChaser is offline  
Reply With Quote
#273  

im2smrt4u
 
im2smrt4u's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedAngel
Does anyone here have any opinions on cruisers? Are they too cumbersome for beginners?

The reason I ask is that I'm looking at a Yamaha XV700 Virago. It's in superb condition, but the bike is extremely heavy (I believe it is around 450lbs).

I'm also looking at a Kawasaki 800a Vulcan and I believe the weight is similar.
My first bike is my Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado. 640 lbs.

How big are you?
__________________
I <3 starkizzer
Old 09-01-2005, 12:10 PM im2smrt4u is offline  
Reply With Quote
#274  

WickedAngel
 
I'm 6'2, 185. Athletic build, long legs.
__________________
Hi2U
Old 09-01-2005, 12:52 PM WickedAngel is offline  
Reply With Quote
#275  

Brock
14K Powered
 
how big would you say is too big for a kawasaki 250...
__________________
Grand Podda of the i[P]osse.
Member of the josegarcias Mexican Fun Group.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:18 PM Brock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#276  

im2smrt4u
 
im2smrt4u's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedAngel
I'm 6'2, 185. Athletic build, long legs.
Shounds like you should be able to handle a heavier cruiser. Just don't buy a gold wing!
__________________
I <3 starkizzer
Old 09-01-2005, 07:31 PM im2smrt4u is offline  
Reply With Quote
#277  

Berticus
SGT. GRUUUMBLES!
 
Berticus's Avatar
 
anyone have any gear recommendations for non-leather armor or helmets? streetbike style
__________________
WIZZBERTIKUTA_5K
Old 09-02-2005, 05:11 PM Berticus is offline  
Reply With Quote
#278  

IceMan713
ScottyPop killed himself over a girl and i show remorse because i'm a fucking idiot.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
how big would you say is too big for a kawasaki 250...
i'm 150lbs and the bike is slow
__________________
9bee96ba71b4b0c99db73ea352be6472 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:24 PM IceMan713 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#279  

Brock
14K Powered
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan713
i'm 150lbs and the bike is slow

i'm 5'9" 190lbs, which is why i'm asking, really want to pick up a 250 heh.
__________________
Grand Podda of the i[P]osse.
Member of the josegarcias Mexican Fun Group.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:32 PM Brock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#280  

McKnight
MOST AMAZING TITLE EVER LOL WORDS
 
McKnight's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan713
i'm 150lbs and the bike is slow

lol....


edit:
the little bike that could

also while I was at it http://www.imagerage.com/viewimage.p...3/qcm97617.jpg

Last edited by Ieatcock; 09-03-2005 at 07:36 PM..
Old 09-03-2005, 07:22 PM McKnight is offline  
Reply With Quote
#281  

IceMan713
ScottyPop killed himself over a girl and i show remorse because i'm a fucking idiot.
 
meh, in light of recent events(my spirited riding like 5 min ago) i'd say the bike is pretty peppy for me when it's warmed up, but YMMV, if i were you, i'd at least go for a 500
__________________
9bee96ba71b4b0c99db73ea352be6472 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:12 PM IceMan713 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#282  

karax
 
karax's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan713
meh, in light of recent events(my spirited riding like 5 min ago) i'd say the bike is pretty peppy for me when it's warmed up, but YMMV, if i were you, i'd at least go for a 500

500s are good learners. I love mine, but its time to go up....sooo if anyone in the New England area wants to buy a 96 gs500 in wonderful condition let me know
Old 09-05-2005, 11:56 PM karax is offline  
Reply With Quote
#283  

Social Misfit
pwned
 
Social Misfit's Avatar
 
Would a brand new Yamaha R6 be too much for me? I'm 6'3, 260lbs. Reason being is tomorrow i'm going to a Yamaha shop that just opened up in town to see if the owner might hire me, since he knows my dad. Last time I was there for their grand opening they had a 2005 R1 in jewel blue and I fell in love, but I probably don't need nearly 1000CC's of motor under me for my first bike, and the fact that it was $11,000 kind of throws me off. But the R6 seems to be a bit more in my range. Whats the motobike gods opinions?
__________________
Fuck you Veeborg. Lying ass piece of shit. I hope you die in a fire. Same goes for DHermit.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:43 AM Social Misfit is offline  
Reply With Quote
#284  

im2smrt4u
 
im2smrt4u's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Misfit
Would a brand new Yamaha R6 be too much for me? I'm 6'3, 260lbs. Reason being is tomorrow i'm going to a Yamaha shop that just opened up in town to see if the owner might hire me, since he knows my dad. Last time I was there for their grand opening they had a 2005 R1 in jewel blue and I fell in love, but I probably don't need nearly 1000CC's of motor under me for my first bike, and the fact that it was $11,000 kind of throws me off. But the R6 seems to be a bit more in my range. Whats the motobike gods opinions?
No fucking way.

An R1 or R6 would be way to much if you ask me. I'd look at the FZ6, but I'm not sure how well you'd fit considering how tall you are. You might not fit on the R6 either.
__________________
I <3 starkizzer
Old 09-06-2005, 10:32 AM im2smrt4u is offline  
Reply With Quote
#285  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:29 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.