General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

ArpaWocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conna
Not exactly a first bike question here, but anyways: I sold my Aprilia RS 125 and am looking for a bigger bike now. I've found three interesting ones: 2004 CBR 600F, a 2002 CBR 600 F sport and a 1999 R1. The 600F is slightly more expensive than the other two. They all have fairly low mileage, so I'm trying to figure out which would be the best purchase. I know, not the R1 because it's too big and powerful. However, looking at the numbers it only weights slightly more than the hondas, and since it's the carburettor model it doesnt pack quite as big a punch as the newer R1s. And for that matter, it looks the best of the 3 The hondas are both fuel injection afaik, what are the pros and cons of fuel injection/carburettors?
FI is a little more gas efficient, crisper throttle response, and just easier to deal with than carbs. A lot easier to tune on bikes too w/ a power commander. Out of all of those the 02 f4i will probably be the best bet, lookwise and money wise if its in good shape. the 04 has a banana seat. R1's are nice but i'm not a big fan of them until they got FI in 03.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Xebec

My uncle just loaned me his old 650 to learn on. I'm gonna ride that until next spring sometime and buy my own new bike. Now my question is if I get a new R6 is that just plain down stupid or not? I'll have about 6 months of experience under my belt by then. I've been riding fourwheelers the past 3 years as well (I know its different but it got me more comfortable in smaller vehicles).
So far doing great on the bike I'm learning on, set it over once in a parking lot not paying attention to what I was doing.

im2smrt4u

As long as you put some serious miles under your belt before you go getting the R6 you should be okay.

TwinTurboGirl

how much are sliders, and how hard to install? And do they stop the brake lever from hitting the ground when the bike falls?
1992 Yamaha FZR600 -- my little Red Bitch
Airtech body, Yoshimira exhaust

WickedAngel

Twin, you can get frame sliders and bar sliders. I would suggest both since the weight disparity between you and your bike is so extensive.

They're cheap because they're basically extended bolts. They're not hard to install at all. I believe you just unscrew the bolts that are already there and replace them with the sliders..

TwinTurboGirl

Where can I buy some at? Sorry for the noob questions, i'd rather just ask you guys first rather than go call around and sound retarded.

Here she is...

1992 Yamaha FZR600 -- my little Red Bitch
Airtech body, Yoshimira exhaust

WickedAngel

http://www.kneedraggers.com might have some for your particular bike.

Their stuff is kind of pricy, though. The technology is pretty simplistic, so I wouldn't be afraid of shopping via Google for that sort of thing.

Try doing a search for "*insertyourbikehere* frame sliders" and "*insertyourbikehere* bar sliders".

WickedAngel

I just received my gear in the mail (Helmet, under-armor, and jacket) and I was wondering something.

The arms of the jacket fit me fine, but the length of the jacket ends at my waist. Is it supposed to be like this?

electric!sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedAngel
I just received my gear in the mail (Helmet, under-armor, and jacket) and I was wondering something.

The arms of the jacket fit me fine, but the length of the jacket ends at my waist. Is it supposed to be like this?

Yes. It will rest lower when you sit on the motorcycle, and you're supposed to be wearing proper riding pants as well. Keep in mind that the jacket should also reach to your hand or to just below your thumb, to cover your gloves.

Last edited by electric!sheep; 09-23-2005 at 09:01 PM..

WickedAngel

Judging by that information, it fits perfectly.

I'm glad I went with the XL. Icon has a weird measuring system (And before I catch flack, no, I didn't get their blingy gear).

im2smrt4u

Quote:
Judging by that information, it fits perfectly.

I'm glad I went with the XL. Icon has a weird measuring system (And before I catch flack, no, I didn't get their blingy gear).
What did you buy? I my Motorhead Jacket

WickedAngel

I prefer simplicity.

I bought:

Icon Merc Jacket (Black, XL)
Icon Mainframe Helmet (Black, XL)
Icon Field Armor Vest
Icon Hooligan Gloves (Black, XL)

It's funny. Everything is "XL" but in normal terms it would be an M~L at best. Everything fits perfectly...I love the look of the helmet too. I want a smoked visor though.

Trachei

Quote:
I prefer simplicity.

I bought:

Icon Merc Jacket (Black, XL)
Icon Mainframe Helmet (Black, XL)
Icon Field Armor Vest
Icon Hooligan Gloves (Black, XL)

It's funny. Everything is "XL" but in normal terms it would be an M~L at best. Everything fits perfectly...I love the look of the helmet too. I want a smoked visor though.

ugh, I hate ICON for the most part. I got a pair of their gloves cause they were on clearance but their quality could use some help.

McKnight
MOST AMAZING TITLE EVER LOL WORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by im2smrt4u
What did you buy? I my Motorhead Jacket

its noice

I wish the weather would hurry up and get cold though. I give up early in this heat with it.

WickedAngel

Everything I've got from them feels extremely durable (Especially the jacket). The arms of the jacket could use some kind of thin inner-lining though...having that material against your skin isn't very comfortable.