General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

nameless?
Do I really have a name? -Property of OneWhoKnows

I had an execlent day toady; scoring 10bs kills + a handfull of smaller ship kills up in PureBlind. The highlight of the day was our fight with a Omniscient Order/Mordus Angel gang in ec-p8r. We had 4bs, 1 command ship, a hac and and the lone ISS who showed up midway through the fight in a Taranis. vs 5bs and one hac, we managed to kill all 5 of their bses while only losing our geddon and absolution their ishtar was 60km away with sentry drones and warped out after we popped their last bs.
I nearly lost my beloved 2day old blasterthron but managed to warp out just as I was taking hull dmg and lost a couple berzerker IIs. Anyways heres a link to our killboard showing the kills/lossmails of the fight http://ascn.eve-killboard.net/?a=kil...&kll_id=174660 .Edit: Ignore the kestrel, shuttle and pod kills these happened right after the fight while we cleaned up the loot.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Proxenos of Torpedoes

I think I made a mistake joining a corp with only 20 people.

Incubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxenos of Torpedoes

It all depends on who those people are. I was, up until about a week ago, in a corp for nearly a year that had only six people in it and had a blast. It helped that those six were really good friends that I'd met in the game and we'd been playing in the same corp (we'd changed corps, but stuck together) for nearly two years.

Quality > quantity. Find some people you like and join them.

-espionage-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienge.
XZH campaign?

Are you guys getting your butts whooped? I mean, half the galaxy does seem to not like you

XZH campaign was before we went to war with... well, everyone. it was where we stumbled upon conquerable space in cloud ring (owned by D2, ze germans) and realized that due to a member of their alliance leaving, nobody had soverignty over 3 key systems that basicly make up the region. we dug ourselves in there for over a month, fighting a constant war of attrition. we were in it for the long haul, and victory was almost ours, but our crucial gate camping operation failed sometime during german primetime. we just couldnt mount the numbers needed during the euro prime to hold them off, and as a result had to pull out.

Vienge.
Vienge
FULL BLOWN WIENER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -espionage-
XZH campaign was before we went to war with... well, everyone. it was where we stumbled upon conquerable space in cloud ring (owned by D2, ze germans) and realized that due to a member of their alliance leaving, nobody had soverignty over 3 key systems that basicly make up the region. we dug ourselves in there for over a month, fighting a constant war of attrition. we were in it for the long haul, and victory was almost ours, but our crucial gate camping operation failed sometime during german primetime. we just couldnt mount the numbers needed during the euro prime to hold them off, and as a result had to pull out.
okay so now's the big question.

What's this about a dead guy starting this war?

Proxenos of Torpedoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus
It all depends on who those people are. I was, up until about a week ago, in a corp for nearly a year that had only six people in it and had a blast. It helped that those six were really good friends that I'd met in the game and we'd been playing in the same corp (we'd changed corps, but stuck together) for nearly two years.

Quality > quantity. Find some people you like and join them.

Yeah I thought they were cool and all and they are pretty much. One guy loaned me 5 million to do trades with. Five million to a nub with a trial account is pretty cool I think. (I paid him back) They bought me a frigate too. They're just never online. Supposedly there's 20, but I've never seen more than 5 different people in corp chat, and only 2 are not trial accounts.

I'm cool with that though except I wonder how much I'm missing not doing organized combat/mining ops. Is that stuff a big deal?

Munky73770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immune
caracal sucks?

If you have shitty skills or dont know how to set one up...then yeah, they might seem to suck to a person.

Personally, I love the little fucker...makes a great EW boat (you could use a bb, but caracal has more hardpoints for launchers).

WilWheaton

Caracal is great as a combat vehicle, its only problem is its lock time and poor tanking ability

Randuin
I'm a attention whoring little turd that wanted a title really badly so here it is. I also like to m

Lock time only gets worse as you climb into bigger ships :/ The caracal is an amazing PVE cruiser, but for PVP I think most Caldari (fags) prefer the EW cousin, Blackbird.

Kind of like how people rape L4 missions with the Raven and fit out fleet Scorpions

EDIT: Destroyers and BC are probably both worthless line of ships, shame that their T2 variants are so bad ass

partyvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky73770
If you have shitty skills or dont know how to set one up...then yeah, they might seem to suck to a person.

Personally, I love the little fucker...makes a great EW boat (you could use a bb, but caracal has more hardpoints for launchers).

He assumed i meant that the caracal 'sucks' - in some ways (tank) it kinda does - but thats besides the point, i just meant that the whole 'wow i get to fly this huge ship now!' was kind of an anti-climax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randuin
Destroyers and BC are probably both worthless line of ships, shame that their T2 variants are so bad ass

I beg to differ, BC's are fantastic ships; mission running, solo pvp, pirating .. etc.

See: ferox (awesome tank).

However yes, destroyers need a huge buff.

Incubus

The caracal is a great cruiser and it can actually tank pretty well. However, the thing with most cruisers is that the best tank is usually a passive one. Throw on a large shield extender or two and you've suddenly got a reasonable amount of hp (similarly an 800mm plate for armor tanked ships). With a caracal, that leaves you with three free mid slots, which, in the case of a caracal as a support ship, is a good amount of EW for a cruiser that can also do damage.

BCs are pretty good for running missions, but kinda suck for everything else. They're big, slow, have poor maneuverability, generally hit like cruisers and get hit like battleships. A very poor combination. If you're shooting stuff cruiser size and smaller, they're pretty good. If you're shooting battleships, I hope you have insurance.

Shinespark
Logie made AnTiAmI laugh and all I got was this gay title

After reading this thread, I may have to reactivate my account. A lot of things I had no idea about the short month that I played.

Munky73770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus

BCs are pretty good for running missions, but kinda suck for everything else.

Errrr....No.

Battlecruiser Skill Bonus: 10% bonus to Medium Hybrid Turret optimal range and 5% bonus to all Shield resistances PER LEVEL.

As a pirate in low sec, my favorite ship is the ferox...because it is fucking awesome at tanking the sentries.

Here is my setup for tanking sentries:

BC Level 4

Highs - 5 x 'Malkuth' Heavy Missile launchers , 2 x Medium Nos
Mids - 2 x XL Shield booster T2 , 2 x Invul field T2, 1 x 20km warp jammer or 1 x shield extender
Lows - Internal force field array, and for the other 3 slots - fit as needed

Sniper setup:

Highs - 4 x 250mm railgun t2 w/spike loaded
Mids - 2 x sensor booster t2 , 2 x 'orion' tracking cpu, 1 x tracking enhancer t2
Lows - 2 x magnetic field stabs

I sit at 160 km away and happily pop frigs/cruisers/indys all damn day. Granted though, I am usually with AT LEAST 1 other guy, so he can go and pick up the can and see whats in it.

Malakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxenos of Torpedoes

Eye of God was really small when I joined, now we build 2 outposts and scored top numbers in the war vs the goons.

Hungry Hippo
Jherr007
sometimes I get so hungry I resort to eating cock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienge.
okay so now's the big question.

What's this about a dead guy starting this war?

Some guy who played eve died like over a year ago on the autobahn when he crashed his moped into a truck. Mind you, he was stoned or drunk or something, and was driving on the wrong side of the road. Anyways, apparently Remedial (CEO of Goonswarm) and another guy were caught making fun of this back then in local or something, and some people made a huge deal over it, whatever. Fast forward 15 months or so, and everytime someone brings up Goonswarm in an Eve-Online thread, the same faggots keep trolling the thread with "the goonies are shit because they make fun of dead people <post link to the year old thread>". Apparently the pubbie faggots dont understand internet humor, and take it to heart. Oh, and when Remedial made fun of the guy, Goonswarm/Goonfleet hadnt even been created, so 99.9% of GS never had anything to do with it.

Well one of the Goonswarm members had a signature on the GS forums (note, this isnt the eve online forums, but goonswarms own forums), of a stick figure getting ran over by a truck named "bandwagon". The stick figure was named "Smoske" which was the guy who got ran over. It was basically making fun of all the faggots that use the Smoske ordeal as a way of tarnishing goonswarm's name. Anyways, BoB decided to go all "holy crusade" over this signature right when Goonswarm was still in XZH and had been at war for over 2 months against D2, Norad and allies. Here's the kicker, the signature was over 4 months old, and only displayed in Goonswarm's private forums. BoB had been saving it for an excuse to go to war, and decided to drop the whole drama bomb on Eve-O right when Goonswarm was about to launch a full scale 24/7 gatecamp with other allies to finish off D2 in Cloud Ring. Ofcourse, the eve-o pubbies and some of GS's allies bit the bait, and bailed on Goonswarm, leaving them out to dry, and the operation failed and GS had to retreat. During this time, BoB set up shop in Syndicate (goonswarm's HQ) while GS was deployed, and the "GS vs everyone else" war started. BoB basically used a dead guy as a pr tool to go to war against GS, and ofcourse gain support from the majority of the eve community. Funny thing is, it isnt the first time BoB decides to attack someone who has been at war against someone else. Their typical strategy is to go after targets that have been weakened by someone else, then chestbeat on the forums about how good they are.

cliffs:
- guy dies over a year ago
- ceo of goonfleet makes fun of dead guy back then (when GS didnt exist)
- pubbies whine about it, nothing happens
- over a year later, BoB uses dead guy as a PR tool to go to war against GS and rip their support on the brink of victory over D2.