General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromicus View Post
If terrorists started launching rockets into San Diego from Tijuana and the Mexican government did nothing to stop it, what would you do?

There's a huge difference between retaliating and making a first strike based solely on "intelligence."

Quote:
Also, I think Obama is right about Pakistan. They are so unstable, I don't know why we allied with them. Their military trained the afghan muhajadeen, back in the 80's and 90's. Attack your enemies where they are, not where you wish them to be, like Bush did.
So just because they're unstable, we have the right to ignore their sovereignty and government, launching tactical strikes based off "intelligence" as we please?

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

MisterKinish
ChopGawd

I admit that guy didn't handle the question very well but just because he couldn't personally recall specifics doesn't mean Obama hasn't made significant achievements as Chris Matthews is implying. And that guy is a fellow Senator not an Obama Campaign Representative.

PopeKevinI

Meh. He came in with certain talking points and got stumped when they deviated from those. That doesn't make Obama look bad so much as it makes HIM look bad.

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma View Post
anyone who thinks that obama doesn't have any legislative accomplishments hasn't done any research at all.

Well apparantly Kirk Watson lacked that research.

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgoody123 View Post
Also, I think Obama is right about Pakistan. They are so unstable, I don't know why we allied with them. Their military trained the afghan muhajadeen, back in the 80's and 90's. Attack your enemies where they are, not where you wish them to be, like Bush did.

Musharaf has to walk a really fine line when dealing with the US, but they've been, by and large, extremely helpful in the war on terror. The only major complaint I have about Pakistan right now is they stated they wont harrass the Taliban inside their border if they keep to themselves.

Also, are you high? The CIA was funding and training a lot of the Afghan Muhajadeen. They wanted to make it the Soviet Vietnam. So what exactly is your point supposed to be here?

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
If terrorists started launching rockets into San Diego from Tijuana and the Mexican government did nothing to stop it, what would you do?

Retaliate by illegally entering Mexico and stealing someone's job.

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pra3t0r View Post
I admit that guy didn't handle the question very well but just because he couldn't personally recall specifics doesn't mean Obama hasn't made significant achievements as Chris Matthews is implying. And that guy is a fellow Senator not an Obama Campaign Representative.

Even still, if you pledge support for a candiadate you have to justify it. "Because" is not a justification.

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Also, are you high? The CIA was funding and training a lot of the Afghan Muhajadeen. They wanted to make it the Soviet Vietnam. So what exactly is your point supposed to be here?

The CIAs contributions to the Muhajadeen where modest compared to Pakistans, and specifically the Pakistani intelligence agencys (ISI), training and material support. IIRC most of our training was limited to a few small groups teaching them guerrilla tactics and how to use the anti-air equipment we gave them.

The-Raven
I Stalk Women

One person misspells it and everyone else in the thread does - which makes me almost wonder if you guys even know what you're talking about.

Mujahideen.

"ive taken 50 hits of acid and drank 40 beers in the same night" - Icw@ter

"It is not my fault that you guys make very shitty, low value content" - Sanjay

MisterKinish
ChopGawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Raven View Post
Mujahideen.
Yes, one of Romney's favorite words.

"Jihad, Jihadist, Jihadism." -Mitt

Badger_sly

Funny video.

The thing is, it's likely most people that support Obama will have that same "deer in the headlights" look that the Senator had in that video, if asked that question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red|dragon View Post
He seems like a nice guy, great inspirer, great speaker, likable guy and motivator, but not qualified for president.
I agree. Along with the obvious lack of experience, he's promising things that he couldn't follow through with, to get votes.

Last edited by Badger_sly; 02-29-2008 at 09:02 AM..

cromicus
I act tough on genmay, but real life im a pussy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
The CIAs contributions to the Muhajadeen where modest compared to Pakistans, and specifically the Pakistani intelligence agencys (ISI), training and material support. IIRC most of our training was limited to a few small groups teaching them guerrilla tactics and how to use the anti-air equipment we gave them.
You don't recall correctly, the CIA provided $500 million in funding and brokered matching contributions from Saudia Arabia and arranged weapons procurement from Israel and Egypt.