General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
1337rider
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejamon View Post
I'm on the fence on what the facts are, but I say that it's better safe than sorry. It can't be a BAD thing to improve the environment, decrease our carbon footprints, recycle, and develop green energies. So why we're waiting for definitive proof, might as well go that route. If it's bunk, we have cleaner air. If its not, we may save the planet.

It becomed a BAD thing when global warming is used to push for global socialism and the destruction of America's ability to compete in the worlds markets. I have a REAL problem with people trying to punish america while giving more prolific polluters like China a free pass, and attempts at trying to destroy my quality of life by mandating things like tiny homes, tiny windows in those homes, and spenging thousands of extra dollars on heating/cooling systems for a 1% increase in rated efficiency.
If a reasonable, even handed approach to reducing carbon footprings or whatever was being pursued, I'd have no problem. things like Nuclear energy. fuck pipe dreams like wind and solar energy.
__________________
-06 Silverado 2500 Short bed
-2005 Suzuki SV650s
-1972 Nova
Old 03-28-2008, 09:48 AM 1337rider is offline  
Reply With Quote
#151  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Badger_sly
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
Your first graph, showing temperature change over thousands of years does not disprove a) that the earth is warming now
It does prove that the earth was much warmer in the past before there was any man-made input. Thus, natural climate change fluctuates the earth's temps, not mankind.

Quote:
b) that CO2 isn't having an effect on the warming. All it shows is that temperatures have varied over the years.
That's what this graph is for (proves that CO2 isn't causing warming):



Quote:
Your 10 year graph also proves nothing.
See your "b)" above to witness again how you are wrong.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:00 AM Badger_sly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#152  

Badger_sly
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
Again, just because you want me to be wrong doesn't actually make me wrong.
That would be true if I just "thought" you were wrong, but I've proven you wrong. We're done with that.


Quote:
You have yet to show that CO2 doesn't contribute to warming
See my last post where you were already proven wrong on this point.

Quote:
Do you want to come up with any other "natural warming" theories I can disprove?
We're all still waiting on you to come up with new angles of "disproving" natural climate change. You're still boring us.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:07 AM Badger_sly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#153  

Jason
 
We are causing global warming on Mars with our CFCs
Old 03-28-2008, 04:33 PM Jason is offline  
Reply With Quote
#154  

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_sly View Post
It does prove that the earth was much warmer in the past before there was any man-made input. Thus, natural climate change fluctuates the earth's temps, not mankind.

An analogy, if you will:

Suppose forest fires occur naturally. And let's say people also start forest fires. Let's also pretend for a second that there's also some person out there that knows nothing about the causes of forest fires.

Finally, let's say this disbeliever then looked at a graph showing the occurance of forest fires over a 10 million year period.

Do you think he would have grounds for concluding that humans cannot start forest fires?

The answer, of course, is no. Hopefully you can connect the dots and see how it's relevant to our discussion.

Quote:
That's what this graph is for (proves that CO2 isn't causing warming):
Since you apparently need it spelled out for you: a lack of correlation does not imply a total lack of causation (or amplification).

Last edited by Fuckyouformakingmeregister; 03-28-2008 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 03-28-2008, 04:36 PM Fuckyouformakingmeregister is offline  
Reply With Quote
#155  

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_sly View Post
That would be true if I just "thought" you were wrong, but I've proven you wrong. We're done with that.

Where?

Quote:
See my last post where you were already proven wrong on this point.
I saw your last post and, like I said, it does not disprove global warming is being caused or amplified by CO2.

You do seem to believe the earth is warming though, so that's something.

Quote:
We're all still waiting on you to come up with new angles of "disproving" natural climate change. You're still boring us.
You'll have to come up with a mechanism on your own if you want me take a "new angle". Heck, I handed you guys a pretty good sounding natural explanation before I showed the evidence against it.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:43 PM Fuckyouformakingmeregister is offline  
Reply With Quote
#156  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
An analogy, if you will:

Suppose forest fires occur naturally. And let's say people also start forest fires. Let's also pretend for a second that there's also some person out there that knows nothing about the causes of forest fires.

Finally, let's say this disbeliever then looked at a graph showing the occurance of forest fires over a 10 million year period.

Do you think he would have grounds for concluding that humans cannot start forest fires?

The answer, of course, is no. Hopefully you can connect the dots and see how it's relevant to our discussion.



Since you apparently need it spelled out for you: a lack of correlation does not imply a total lack of causation (or amplification).

Ah my pathetic little bitch

Naturally occuring forest fires for 10,00,000 years burned till they ran out of fuel raging across half a continent

Man made forest fires get put out within weeks if its a bad bad fire.

So anyone but a pathetic bitch can see that man made forest fires contribute less to forrest firrerryyies than natural ones.



But back to relity

Once again for the dimwitted. If C02 has a delay of 1000 years After the globe warms up and continues to RISE or even remain at the same level long after the globe cools down. It cant have had a significant effect on warming the globe or

GASP there would have to have been a catastrophic event to offset the co2 each time the earth got warm to let it cool again. No such catastrophic events are evident in the record that coincide with the earth cooling.

Get it?

I realize that whole cause and effect thing is a bit beyond your immediate grasp so take a decade or so and work it out mmmkay?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-28-2008, 05:25 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#157  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Another neat factoid:

CFCs are incredibly potent greenhouse gases (crazy high oscillator strengths). The Montreal Protocol, which started the process of banning CFCs, did more to prevent greenhouse warming from human sources than even the most optimistic estimates of Kyoto would have accounted for.

When did that happen? Because in the early 70's american cosmetics companies voluntarily stopped using CFC's as propellants. And the reason had nothing to do with any greenhouse gas issues. They rape the Ozone pretty well.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-28-2008, 05:48 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#158  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337rider View Post
It becomed a BAD thing when global warming is used to push for global socialism and the destruction of America's ability to compete in the worlds markets. I have a REAL problem with people trying to punish america while giving more prolific polluters like China a free pass, and attempts at trying to destroy my quality of life by mandating things like tiny homes, tiny windows in those homes, and spenging thousands of extra dollars on heating/cooling systems for a 1% increase in rated efficiency.
If a reasonable, even handed approach to reducing carbon footprings or whatever was being pursued, I'd have no problem. things like Nuclear energy. fuck pipe dreams like wind and solar energy.

good post

USA circa 2001 has 0 carbon footprint
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-28-2008, 08:06 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#159  

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Ah my pathetic little bitch

Naturally occuring forest fires for 10,00,000 years burned till they ran out of fuel raging across half a continent

Man made forest fires get put out within weeks if its a bad bad fire.

So anyone but a pathetic bitch can see that man made forest fires contribute less to forrest firrerryyies than natural ones.

Once again you miss the point. The argument has nothing to do with forest fires. I even said it was an analogy. But perhaps if I lay it out differently, you'll grasp what's being said:

Here's the "logic" of yours and Badger's argument about global warming:
a) There's a graph that shows a trend of temperature increase occuring in the past
b) Human induced CO2 emissions weren't around in the past
c) Therefore the current observed variation in temperature has nothing to do with human induced CO2 emissions

Now let's apply that kind of "logic" to forest fires:
a) There's a graph that shows forest fires occuring in the past
b) Human induced campfires weren't around in the past
c) Therefore the current levels of forest fires have nothing to do with humans induced campfires

Contrary to what you both seem to believe, multiple things can impact climate at any given time. The existence of natural warming cycles does not immediately eliminate the possibilty that something like CO2 is enhancing its effect.

Quote:
Once again for the dimwitted. If C02 has a delay of 1000 years After the globe warms up and continues to RISE or even remain at the same level long after the globe cools down. It cant have had a significant effect on warming the globe or

GASP there would have to have been a catastrophic event to offset the co2 each time the earth got warm to let it cool again. No such catastrophic events are evident in the record that coincide with the earth cooling.

Get it?

I realize that whole cause and effect thing is a bit beyond your immediate grasp so take a decade or so and work it out mmmkay?
You don't seem to get it. Even if we believe your story about GIGANTIC CO2 levels in the past, there are actually natural processes, such as leaks/sinks in the carbon cycle, that can eliminate carbon from the atmosphere.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:13 PM Fuckyouformakingmeregister is offline  
Reply With Quote
#160  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
Once again you miss the point. The argument has nothing to do with forest fires. I even said it was an analogy. But perhaps if I lay it out differently, you'll grasp what's being said:

Here's the "logic" of yours and Badger's argument about global warming:
a) There's a graph that shows a trend of temperature increase occuring in the past
b) Human induced CO2 emissions weren't around in the past
c) Therefore the current observed variation in temperature has nothing to do with human induced CO2 emissions

Now let's apply that kind of "logic" to forest fires:
a) There's a graph that shows forest fires occuring in the past
b) Human induced campfires weren't around in the past
c) Therefore the current levels of forest fires have nothing to do with humans induced campfires

Contrary to what you both seem to believe, multiple things can impact climate at any given time. The existence of natural warming cycles does not immediately eliminate the possibilty that something like CO2 is enhancing its effect.



You don't seem to get it. Even if we believe your story about GIGANTIC CO2 levels in the past, there are actually natural processes, such as leaks/sinks in the carbon cycle, that can eliminate carbon from the atmosphere.


sorry shit for brains. you posted "experts" saying that all other effects are ruled out. and that left ONLY co2 as the instigator/prime component

Only Co2 could have the effect on that scale needed

ONLY PROBLEM IS YOU STUPID BITCH IS THAT IF THAT WAS THE CASE THE EARTH COULD NEVER COOL DOWN AGAIN WITHOUT A CATASTROPHIC INTERVENTION THAT IS NOT EVIDENT IN THE RECORD AS UNEARTHED BY 12 BRANCHES OF SCIENCE.

get it yet you wall candy eating fuckhead?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-28-2008, 08:18 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#161  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Earth to bitch?

where are youi bitch?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-28-2008, 08:44 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#162  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_brow View Post
did you know......water vapour is a major greenhouse gas??
bet ya didnt!

Its at least five times what they thought it was a couple years ago.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-28-2008, 09:04 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#163  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
Once again you miss the point. The argument has nothing to do with forest fires. I even said it was an analogy. But perhaps if I lay it out differently, you'll grasp what's being said:

Here's the "logic" of yours and Badger's argument about global warming:
a) There's a graph that shows a trend of temperature increase occuring in the past
b) Human induced CO2 emissions weren't around in the past
c) Therefore the current observed variation in temperature has nothing to do with human induced CO2 emissions

Now let's apply that kind of "logic" to forest fires:
a) There's a graph that shows forest fires occuring in the past?
b) Human induced campfires weren't around in the past
c) Therefore the current levels of forest fires have nothing to do with humans induced campfires

Contrary to what you both seem to believe, multiple things can impact climate at any given time. The existence of natural warming cycles does not immediately eliminate the possibilty that something like CO2 is enhancing its effect.



You don't seem to get it. Even if we believe your story about GIGANTIC CO2 levels in the past, there are actually natural processes, such as leaks/sinks in the carbon cycle, that can eliminate carbon from the atmosphere.


YOu fucking moron MY story about GiGantic co2 levels in the past?

YOu MORON its the Global Warming junk science that tried to Use those clouds to PROOVE it was co2 to the general populace till EVERYONE WITH A FUCKING BRAIN was clued into the FACT(thats'sFACT that co2 ALWAYS lags warming for the last million years

I would ask you to use a real argument but alas Only a jesuit could take your position and even attempt to confuse people
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-28-2008, 09:10 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#164  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Hey soft mouth BITCH

bot a clue yet?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-28-2008, 10:03 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#165  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.