General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
"Too loud"

there's a decibel limit

Did he show you the decibel meter reading?

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Code: [M]ayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
He's running a Japan-spec Gen3 3S-GTE, which as far as I know, is not California legal. It lacks the proper emissions equipment like EGR, and my guess is that he doesn't have catalysts, either.

He could also have been driving like a dumbass on a public road, which totally would not surprise me.

It's a felony to operate a vehicle on public roads with modified/removed pollution control devices

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Did he show you the decibel meter reading?

Nah, but I wouldn't want to press the issue. Would lead to engine lid popping and state reffing

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Nah, but I wouldn't want to press the issue. Would lead to engine lid popping and state reffing

You have a right to the source of the ticket.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code: [M]ayhem View Post
It's a felony to operate a vehicle on public roads with modified/removed pollution control devices

It's a felony to sell your mouth and ass to mexibodians for pho soup and rent, you fucking whore

--John Hobbs

MasterOfNone
Nice sack, May I gargle?

lol...felons

grjr

Quote:
"Too loud"

there's a decibel limit

fuck, I wish they'd enforce those laws where I live, but I think most of the 5-0 have lifted bro trucks and harleys with non-steet legal exhausts so they always look the other way when it comes to that shit. Fucking annoying when you're trying to sleep and idiots are always running around all night with their fart cannons making noise all hours of the night.

I think you're way too paranoid about the internet police...

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by grjr View Post
fuck, I wish they'd enforce those laws where I live, but I think most of the 5-0 have lifted bro trucks and harleys with non-steet legal exhausts so they always look the other way when it comes to that shit. Fucking annoying when you're trying to sleep and idiots are always running around all night with their fart cannons making noise all hours of the night.

Every state has a law about bumper heights, too, but none of them enforce them.

--John Hobbs

gribly

Quote:
Originally Posted by grjr View Post

Yeah, around here there are ZERO noise restrictions on lobster boats. None. What do I hear at 4-5am every morning? Something that sounds like a dumptruck with drag pipes cruising past my house. Then all of his buddies. Then they idle around in circles getting their traps. No, I'm serious, we take lobster boat drag VERY racing seriously around here, but it seems every fisherman is ready for the races at any given moment. Some guys spend upwards of a million bucks (not an exaggeration, guy up the street from me has an $850,000 setup) just to have the fastest lobster boat, but they are required as per the rules to use a classic lobster boat style hull.

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

night noise pollution sucks ass

Wednesday I got up to piss and heard an owl

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
night noise pollution sucks ass

Wednesday I got up to piss and heard an owl

So... You shot it, right?

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribly View Post
Yeah, around here there are ZERO noise restrictions on lobster boats. None. What do I hear at 4-5am every morning? Something that sounds like a dumptruck with drag pipes cruising past my house. Then all of his buddies. Then they idle around in circles getting their traps. No, I'm serious, we take lobster boat drag VERY racing seriously around here, but it seems every fisherman is ready for the races at any given moment. Some guys spend upwards of a million bucks (not an exaggeration, guy up the street from me has an $850,000 setup) just to have the fastest lobster boat, but they are required as per the rules to use a classic lobster boat style hull.

I read this thinking that "lobster boat" was some kind of slang for a ricebucket... it worked until you got to the 850,000 dollar part..

gribly

Quote:
I read this thinking that "lobster boat" was some kind of slang for a ricebucket... it worked until you got to the 850,000 dollar part..

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

Quote:

It actually was a bit soothing. I was a bit disappointed I couldn't hear it when I went back to the bedroom.

Tex Arcana

Quote:

With a rocket launcher

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

--John Hobbs