General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
I like how ruho incinuates that he is not "an abject fucking failure that will never amount to anything" but seems to be in some permanent state of

He makes an average wage baby sitting retarded kids, with some kind of 2 year certificate in child development. Remarkably he does what everyone else with no choice does, and pays rent. I'm blown away by his accomplishments and contributions to society. Also by his ability to have a coherent debate.

I'm sorry, where's your degree on anything? You don't have one? Ok.

Well, keep smoking pot on daddybux, perhaps being 15 years old is a longer phase for you but you'll probably grow out of it (probably not)
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 12-13-2014, 02:24 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#61  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
welp

#too controversial to discuss rationally

it's hardly like that when it comes to the underlined part of your post, but that wasn't the gist of his topic start which was extremely moronic and it was a loaded post

he genuinely feels that there's an entity labeled "social marxists" (I think he meant cultural marxists but who gives a shit) who don't seem to understand that saying "nigggers are inferior" isn't racist at all

I don't really care if you agree or disagree with that old fart's ramblings, they're still nevertheless racist



(what is most ironic is that he talks about cultural marxism everytime he finds something that doesn't fit his racist or chauvinist perspective in the topic at hand. I don't think the moron even understand the term or where it originated from, and that's extremely hilarious)
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 12-13-2014, 03:12 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#62  

refault
[M] shit-stain, w/ diplomatic immunity
 
refault's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
There's so many genes, proteins and other things that affect cognitive abilities, why can't something be genetic and common to a particular group?

http://cercor.oxfordjournals.org/con.../1715.abstract

http://www.academia.edu/367027/The_c...er_six_decades

genes are just a form of (bio)coding, after all.
but i'm not sure about the ideological merits behind fully correlating genetic traits with inherent "inherited" traits (i.e., without variance and without critically analyzing the bio-coding of genes itself), although i sympathize with your view.

there's an interesting analysis of social development by marx et al. that basically says a child's/individual's traits/characteristics/personality/life are predetermined already in-advanced, prior to even being conceived by the mother. basically, history defines and makes up what a person is born into, what their social/economic/etc conditions will be in development and during life, etc. genes are definitively related to this, although genetic research is rarely understood outside of a vulgar utilitarian mindset, unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
US is an interesting case study because we have many ethnic backgrounds under one GDP... although obviously what area you live in matters as far as opportunity goes.

Interestingly some scientists say things like "skin pigment has no correlation with intelligence - zero, zip, nada" and of course they are right. However the obvious thing to ask after that is well, what does? Something does. Obviously when people mate they pass more info along than just skin pigment, and there's some other genetics involved. Perhaps it's something like the "D-allele:"


“For example, someone inheriting the D allele may have only a slightly more efficient brain on average. While that enhancement might confer only a subtle evolutionary advantage on that person, when that effect is propagated over a thousand generations of natural selection, the result will be to drive the D alleles to a very high prevalence.”

http://www.hhmi.org/news/could-inter...ed-human-brain

i actually tend to think that there might be a link between skin color/pigmentation and psycho-social disposition, especially in regards to darker skinned peoples having more melanin (both neuronal and muscular/peripheral/etc. in the dermis), thus having a different dopaminergic neuronal makeup.

basically, since melanin is a close chemical cousin of dopamine, and dopamine is produced by melanin-rich regions in the brain (i.e., the substantia nigra), darker skinned/shitskinned peoples tend to have more dopaminergic receptors due to this correlation of dopamine vis-a-vis melanin, thus creating more of a "biological" disposition to be impulsive, to have sexual passions, to be overly/obnoxiously social, to have little to no self-control, to be violent (violence is often considered by some neuro-biologists/neuro-psychologists as being related closely to dopaminergic and norpinephrine dysfunction), to be more easily prone to mental illnesses such as schizophrenia (ironically enough, blacks tend to be some of the highest statistical demographic with schizophrenia, although you must keep in mind the name of Deleuze & Guattari's preeminent book "Anti-Oedipus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia"), etc.

most black children have a really ridiculous forms of hyperactive adhd, for example... adhd is often correlated with dopaminergic dysfunction, although variances exist between the hyperactive and the inattentive types.

there have been some studies linking impoverished urban areas in the united states (basically implying mostly shitskin children) with both low grades/test scores and dopaminergic dysfunction/dysregulation (due to shitskin or low test-scoring children having an over-abundance of dopamine receptor sites/over-expression of the dopamine receptor gene)
__________________
old sku gen[m]ay

Last edited by refault; 12-13-2014 at 04:17 AM..
Old 12-13-2014, 04:10 AM refault is offline  
Reply With Quote
#63  

refault
[M] shit-stain, w/ diplomatic immunity
 
refault's Avatar
 
Quote:
3. Related disease

Parkinson's Disease is caused by cell death in the substantia nigra. This cell death may be partly due to oxidative stress. This oxidation may be relieved by neuromelanin. It has been shown that patients with Parkinson's Diseases had 50% the amount of neuromelanin in the substantia nigra as compared to similar patients of their same age but without Parkinson's. The death of neuromelanin containing neurons in the substantia nigra, pars compacta, and locus coeruleus have been linked to Parkinson's Disease and also have been visualized in vivo with Neuromelanin MRI.[4] Neuromelanin has been shown to bind neurotoxic and toxic metals that could promote neurodegeneration. Compared to darker skinned people, White People have lower amounts of neuromelanin. This is why Parkinson's disease and degenerative brain disorders such as dementia are more common among white-skinned populations. Neuromelanin biosynthesis is driven by excess cytosolic catecholamines not accumulated by synaptic vesicles.[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuromelanin

note the link to a distinctly dopaminergic disease, parkinson's.
__________________
old sku gen[m]ay

Last edited by refault; 12-13-2014 at 04:33 AM..
Old 12-13-2014, 04:20 AM refault is offline  
Reply With Quote
#64  

refault
[M] shit-stain, w/ diplomatic immunity
 
refault's Avatar
 
Quote:
The substantia nigra is a brain structure located in the mesencephalon (midbrain) that plays an important role in reward, addiction, and movement. Substantia nigra is Latin for "black substance", reflecting the fact that parts of the substantia nigra appear darker than neighboring areas due to high levels of neuromelanin in dopaminergic neurons.[1] It was discovered in 1784 by Félix Vicq-d'Azyr,[2] and named after Samuel Thomas von Sömmerring alluded to this structure in 1791.[3] Parkinson's disease is characterized by the death of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra pars compacta.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substantia_nigra
__________________
old sku gen[m]ay
Old 12-13-2014, 04:28 AM refault is offline  
Reply With Quote
#65  

refault
[M] shit-stain, w/ diplomatic immunity
 
refault's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by refault View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuromelanin

note the link to a distinctly dopaminergic disease, parkinson's.

also note in that it says "Neuromelanin biosynthesis is driven by excess cytosolic catecholamines not accumulated by synaptic vesicles.[5]"

catecholamines = dopamine, norepinephrine, epinephrine (basically, stimulatory neuronal/neuro-muscular chemicals)

darker skinned peoples are often characterized as being more prone to violence (e.g., due to less self-control/more impulsiveness, possibly stemming from excessive levels of catecholamines), more pro-social (i.e., positively correlated to dopamine), more "rhythmic" behaviors (i.e., shitskins have "swag", basically; probably a link to dopaminergic neuro-muscular expression leading to easier rhythmic movements, dance, etc. for shitskinned peoples), more prone to short-sightedness due to impulsivity (gambling disorders and other addictive/rewarding disorders are linked directly to dopamine and catecholaminergic functioning), and so on.

it's somewhat of an interesting link, and has a lot to do with the expression of the dopamine receptor gene in populations.
__________________
old sku gen[m]ay
Old 12-13-2014, 05:13 AM refault is offline  
Reply With Quote
#66  

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED
 
lollersk8s's Avatar
 
Ruho please quote the part of my post where i said "niqqers are inferior"
__________________
Originally Posted by she nice
i do drink but it's not as effective for immediate relief
Old 12-13-2014, 02:38 PM lollersk8s is offline  
Reply With Quote
#67  

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED
 
lollersk8s's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by refault View Post
genes are just a form of (bio)coding, after all.
but i'm not sure about the ideological merits behind fully correlating genetic traits with inherent "inherited" traits (i.e., without variance and without critically analyzing the bio-coding of genes itself), although i sympathize with your view.

there's an interesting analysis of social development by marx et al. that basically says a child's/individual's traits/characteristics/personality/life are predetermined already in-advanced, prior to even being conceived by the mother. basically, history defines and makes up what a person is born into, what their social/economic/etc conditions will be in development and during life, etc. genes are definitively related to this, although genetic research is rarely understood outside of a vulgar utilitarian mindset, unfortunately.


i actually tend to think that there might be a link between skin color/pigmentation and psycho-social disposition, especially in regards to darker skinned peoples having more melanin (both neuronal and muscular/peripheral/etc. in the dermis), thus having a different dopaminergic neuronal makeup.

basically, since melanin is a close chemical cousin of dopamine, and dopamine is produced by melanin-rich regions in the brain (i.e., the substantia nigra), darker skinned/shitskinned peoples tend to have more dopaminergic receptors due to this correlation of dopamine vis-a-vis melanin, thus creating more of a "biological" disposition to be impulsive, to have sexual passions, to be overly/obnoxiously social, to have little to no self-control, to be violent (violence is often considered by some neuro-biologists/neuro-psychologists as being related closely to dopaminergic and norpinephrine dysfunction), to be more easily prone to mental illnesses such as schizophrenia (ironically enough, blacks tend to be some of the highest statistical demographic with schizophrenia, although you must keep in mind the name of Deleuze & Guattari's preeminent book "Anti-Oedipus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia"), etc.

most black children have a really ridiculous forms of hyperactive adhd, for example... adhd is often correlated with dopaminergic dysfunction, although variances exist between the hyperactive and the inattentive types.

there have been some studies linking impoverished urban areas in the united states (basically implying mostly shitskin children) with both low grades/test scores and dopaminergic dysfunction/dysregulation (due to shitskin or low test-scoring children having an over-abundance of dopamine receptor sites/over-expression of the dopamine receptor gene)


This is pretty interesting, i never thought Melanin had more of a role besides pigment. Perhaps this explains the difference between blondes and brunettes?

Still though, i think social development only goes so far - a blatant example would be an autistic child born into a wealthy family. The whole nature versus nurture is a very old debate, but now we have proofs that were not available before. Marx didn't have these studies, and neural biology was hardly the beast it is today.

For example Judith Butler wrote a book in the 70s that became canonical for queer and gender theory, where she maintains that sex and gender are both SOCIALLY constructed She then attributes gendered violence to socialization, and nothing else. Meaning that biological factors don't play a role, which is false - since then many studies have linked low serotonin and high testosterone as a powerful combo that is HIGHLY correlated to violence, domestic, gendered or otherwise. This is also compounded by alcoholism and things like that:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11600187

I used this and three other studies to demolish that part of her theory in class once - that's the point of academia and science in general. You use new data to adjust or slash existing understandings. Theorists like marx and Butler and everybody else can only work within their time period and the information available at that point. What i don't like is that they tend to think in absolutes - ie, it's ONLY socially constructed As with anything else the truth often lies somewhere in the middle - certainly genetics, physicality and such things have a hand in it.


Ps. same goes for claiming that gender is non-binary: just because .02 percent of people are born with a giant clit or a micropenis like ruho, doesn't mean that biologically we have more than two genders. It's like saying that because some people are born with one leg, we are not bipedal. It's a deformity, not proof of some other category. Although i do agree that gender identity is socially constructed for the most part, with some things stemming from the fact that men ARE larger and stronger than women, hence they fill more jobs like firefighter, coal heaver, steel worker, etc.
__________________
Originally Posted by she nice
i do drink but it's not as effective for immediate relief
Old 12-13-2014, 02:57 PM lollersk8s is offline  
Reply With Quote
#68  

refault
[M] shit-stain, w/ diplomatic immunity
 
refault's Avatar
 
Quote:
A key question arises about ascending social class and lighter skin color: is this genetics or environment? First, the aforementioned data from the various studies of the influence of Caucasian genetics in the Indian subcontinent infers a genetic component to help explain skin color variation by caste level. However, given the fact that lower level castes are more likely to work in outside occupations, in direct contact with the sun, we would expect increased melanin density and darker skin.

Therefore, both genetics and environment seem to play a role in the relationship between social class and skin color. But why is lighter skin favored? After all, the Caucasian genetics found in South India would seem to be maladaptive, at least from the perspective of countering the dangerous impact of higher levels of solar radiation.

The answer to this riddle may be in the relationship between cognition and melanin physiology. We have proposed a relationship between elevated levels of dopamine and lighter skin color. Further, we have also proposed a relationship between elevated levels of serotonin and darker skin color. Interestingly, serotonic inhibition of dopamine release is the most clinically important neurochemical interaction in the brain (Previc, 2009).

Melanin physiology has been under extreme selective pressure in the human species, which is why the genetics of melanin physiology are highly variant across the human genome, and correlate closely with latitude. Given the strong selective pressure of latitude on melanin physiology, there indeed may be evolutionary side-effects, such as with cognitive styles (see Skin Color and Political-Religious Disposition: http://neuropolitics.org/defaultjun09.asp).

The dopaminergic mind, which seems to be physiologically associated with lighter skin, is indeed more politically conservative, more likely to organize for conflict and competition against other social groups, more likely to organize into dominance hierarchies, and more likely to ascend to higher levels within those dominance hierarchies. This might explain the ubiquitous and environmentally maladaptive relationship between lighter skin color and elevated social class.
http://www.neuropolitics.org/defaultoct09.asp
__________________
old sku gen[m]ay
Old 12-13-2014, 03:09 PM refault is offline  
Reply With Quote
#69  

refault
[M] shit-stain, w/ diplomatic immunity
 
refault's Avatar
 
Quote:
But our argument for a link between skin color and liberalism starts with serotonin and its close relationship to both liberalism and melanin. We have previously proposed a monoamine hypothesis of conservatism and liberalism, with the dopaminergic system being more responsible for those attitudes and behaviors associated with conservatism, while the noradrenergic and serotonergic systems are more responsible for liberalism.

Interestingly, the dopaminergic system is expressed predominately in the left hemisphere, while the noradrenergic and serotonergic systems are expressed mainly in the right hemisphere (Davidson, 1998), which is why we sometimes refer to "left-brain" conservatism and "right-brain" liberalism.

The detection of variations in serotonin levels by racial group was by accident, and subsequently introduced as a control for studies on autism (Cuccaro et al., 1993; McBride et al., 1998), suicidal tendencies (Pfeffer et al., 1998), and mood-behavioral disorders (Hughes et al., 1996).

Cuccaro found that black and Hispanic subjects had higher levels of platelet serotonin than whites; McBride found whites with significantly lower levels of platelet serotonin than blacks or Hispanics; Pfeffer found that whites had significantly lower levels of platelet serotonin than blacks or Latinos, and further, blacks had significantly higher levels of whole blood tryptophan (a serotonin precursor) than the other racial groups. Finally, the Hughes study found that blacks had higher levels of platelet serotonin than whites.

Further, racial variations in the frequencies of long and short alleles of the serotonin transporter gene (5HTTLPR) were reported by Gelernter et al. (1999) and Williams et al. (2003). The Gelernter study found that the frequency of the long allele was more than 70% in Africa and black Americans, compared to 50% in Europeans, and less than 30% in Japan.

Williams had similar results, with black Americans having 72% long alleles and 28% short alleles, compared to 60% long and 40% short alleles for whites. However, it is interesting to note that in the Williams study, the behavioral impact of allele combinations was not consistent across racial groups.

Serotonin and Liberalism

The evidence for a link between serotonin and liberalism, to date, is indirect, and comes from studies involving serotonin and a variety of behaviors more likely to be found among liberals. The first such behavior is greater tolerance for population density, which had long been inferred by the liberal voting patterns of urban populations. Further, liberals report a much greater tolerance for urban environments than conservatives. The conservative intolerance for high population density is closely associated with the conservative's higher reproductive rates.

The facilitating impact of serotonin on population density has been found in many species, including desert locusts (Anstey, 2009), rhesus macaques (Mehlman, 1995), crickets (Iba, 1995), and implied with humans via MDMA-induced serotonin release (Parrott, 2004).

However, the relationship between serotonin and tolerance for population density is equivocal, and seems to be nonlinear, that is, different levels of crowding induce different responses of the serotonin system, depending on the species. Further, population density response varies from individual to individual, which has been linked to specific allele combinations for the genes responsible for the functioning of the serotonin system.

The evidence for a relationship between population density tolerance and serotonin is particularly strong with humans, and is implied by the success of SSRIs and SNRIs in treating social anxiety disorder. Further, the voluntary crowding behavior (rave parties) associated with MDMA use operate by enhancing serotonin release. It is interesting to note that liberals report less discomfort while standing closer to people than do conservatives.

Another indicator of a serotonin connection to liberalism involves the preference for delayed rewards. Compared to conservatives, liberals are more likely to prefer delayed rewards. The evidence for the serotonergic modulation of this phenomenon is growing (Doya, 2002; Schweighofer, 2008), and provides another indirect link between the serotonin system and liberalism.

One of the most interesting variations between conservatives and liberals is their divergence in gaze direction while walking. The conservatives tend to walk with their gaze fixed parallel to the ground, while the liberals are more likely to look towards the ground. This is interesting in light of the monoamine theory of conservatism and liberalism, as the dopamine system is more orientated towards the upper visual field, while the noradrenergic and serotonergic systems are more oriented towards the lower visual field (Previc, 2006).

However, we must note that not all evidence is consistent with the liberalism-serotonin connection. Liberals are more likely to report social anxiety disorder than conservatives, which has been linked to the hypofunctioning of the serotonin system. However, social anxiety disorder has also been linked to the hypofunctioning of the dopamine system (Schneier, 2000), which is indeed the most "conservative" of the monoamine transmitter systems. Therefore, liberal social anxiety disorder may be more related to a deficit in dopamine tone, rather than serotonergic deficits. Further, the serotonin system is not the only contributor to liberalism, as we believe the noradrenergic system also contributes, but in different ways, to liberalistic attitudes and behaviors.
this is actually very interesting and illuminating
http://neuropolitics.org/defaultjun09.asp
__________________
old sku gen[m]ay
Old 12-13-2014, 03:36 PM refault is offline  
Reply With Quote
#70  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
it's p much in the initial post where you cheerlead a racist who says racist things, you bigot piece of shit


anyway I'm going to not visit this thread after this, because you're such a butt hurt little bitch niggger that you actually had to ban me for making fun of your retarded ass

what a fucking loser

try to finish college some day you racist loser
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 12-13-2014, 03:45 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#71  

refault
[M] shit-stain, w/ diplomatic immunity
 
refault's Avatar
 
i tend to walk with my gaze parallel to the ground...

in fact, in the past, many shitskins have acted violently/aggressively and have taken offense to the fact that i was apparently "eyeing them out" (i.e., staring at them) when just randomly walking to my destination, and they often would attempt to intimidate, steal my shit, or violently attack me in response.

i guess they mostly walk with their gaze towards the ground.
__________________
old sku gen[m]ay
Old 12-13-2014, 03:58 PM refault is offline  
Reply With Quote
#72  

SamFarber
 
SamFarber's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
it's p much in the initial post where you cheerlead a racist who says racist things, you bigot piece of shit

What a queer sounding loser.
__________________
http://they-all-think-shes-crazy.ytmnd.com/
Old 12-13-2014, 04:15 PM SamFarber is offline  
Reply With Quote
#73  

refault
[M] shit-stain, w/ diplomatic immunity
 
refault's Avatar
 
Also, from that same blog/site, another very interesting article:

The Evolutionary Pressure of Profit
Capitalism, Communism, and Population Genetics

Quote:
The Chinese orientation towards extended family life is also reflected in their language. Chinese are named with the family name first, which is a very good clue as to how they distribute their altruistic behaviors. Adult Chinese, within their own families, are referred to by their relationship, rather than their given name: older brother, older sister, second brother, second sister, etc. It is also common that cousins are referred to by their given name appended with "brother" or "sister".

The average Chinese has a different model of inclusive fitness than the average Caucasian, and this seems to be related to the divergence in population density. Inclusive fitness is the individual's relative genetic presence in the gene pool of the next generation. Thus, brothers, sisters, cousins, second-cousins all have a coefficient of relatedness, which is simply the proportion of genes that are shared in common. One doesn't need to reproduce to improve the fitness of one's own genes, as this can also be accomplished by altruistic behaviors towards close kin. The evolution of altruism and morality can be laid squarely at the feet of inclusive fitness.

The proposal that the Chinese distribute altruism over a larger number of relatives than do Caucasians is certainly controversial. However, the Chinese extended family, with three generations living under one roof, is obvious evidence for this viewpoint. Chinese economic behavior has historically been organized around kin-groups and genetic closeness, and as Janet Landa (1981) pointed out, has an economic advantage when confronting competing non-kin based business organizations.

The propensity for altruistic behaviors to increase with decreasing genetic distance, so prominent across the animal kingdom, has become the pillar upon which communism is built. As population size and genetic distance increase, there is a commensurate decrease in altruistic behaviors across that population. Note that political instability in communist countries (or any country) typically occur with the most ethnically diverse subpopulations, as is happening now in Tibet. It is no accident that the geographic and genetic isolation of the Tibetan plateau also happens to be the most politically unstable region in communist China.
-- http://neuropolitics.org/defaultapr09.asp
__________________
old sku gen[m]ay
Old 12-14-2014, 07:32 AM refault is offline  
Reply With Quote
#74  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.