General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Free_Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geotpf
The theory is possible, but unlikely. It's a bit obvious. Just because Godwin's law is invoked doesn't mean you can dismiss it out of hand. I remember the bit about Giuliani at the time it occured.

http://www.CNFUCKINGN.COM./2001/US/0...ni.reelection/

However, even if this was attempted, I doubt it would work.
Thats *all* Im saying, that it *is* in theory possible... and it will be interesting come election time how this pans out! I mean, heh look at the last election if you think "shady" things do not circulate around the Bush administration.

I cant wait to bump this thread if this happens and watch ppl try to say I have a tinfoil hat even then like the blind cattle they are.

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

PopeKevinI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy
Thats *all* Im saying, that it *is* in theory possible... and it will be interesting come election time how this pans out! I mean, heh look at the last election if you think "shady" things do not circulate around the Bush administration.

I cant wait to bump this thread if this happens and watch ppl try to say I have a tinfoil hat even then like the blind cattle they are.

Bump it a day after the election and we'll see how accurate you were.

Personally, I think people like you give Bush too much credit for the 2000 elections. Gore's selective recount demands and the persistence with which he pursued them kill his chances more than anything. A straight-forward state-wide recount might have won the state. Instead, Gore's team picked out counties that should have given them what they wanted, and demanded recount after recount until they got what they wanted. The supreme court finally put a stop to it, because it was pointless. Gore's requested recounts would have ruled against him anway, whereas a state recount probably would have gone in his favor. Bush didn't steal the election, he was handed the election by Gore's inept advisors.

Any sort of attempt at rigging the election using fake terrorist threats are way too transparent. People wouldn't stand for it. If Bush is such a smart cookie, he'd come up with something much more subtle.

sybil

If something like this happened, 10 to 1 the democrats would roll over and give up again just like in Florida.

Sanchi

Quote:

It *is* in theory possible that you were analy raped by aliens as a small child. That doesnt make it is plasuable, nor is your "theeory".

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieyeasu
Spend my time between Vader (near Chehalis), Tacoma, and Bellingham.

Meh.....I was born in Yakima and used to live in Arlington, I know where all those places are, still got relatives that live up there some place. Shame it gets so fucking cold in the winter. Being born and raised until 10 in Yakima probably explains why I love So Cal so much, looks almost exactly like Yakima except it doesn’t freeze over in the winter.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

Geotpf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI
Bump it a day after the election and we'll see how accurate you were.

Personally, I think people like you give Bush too much credit for the 2000 elections. Gore's selective recount demands and the persistence with which he pursued them kill his chances more than anything. A straight-forward state-wide recount might have won the state. Instead, Gore's team picked out counties that should have given them what they wanted, and demanded recount after recount until they got what they wanted. The supreme court finally put a stop to it, because it was pointless. Gore's requested recounts would have ruled against him anway, whereas a state recount probably would have gone in his favor. Bush didn't steal the election, he was handed the election by Gore's inept advisors.

Any sort of attempt at rigging the election using fake terrorist threats are way too transparent. People wouldn't stand for it. If Bush is such a smart cookie, he'd come up with something much more subtle.

Like I said-this is too obvious, IMHO.

As for Gore, you are absolutely right-he shot himself in the foot with that one-he should have asked for a statewide recount, not only the counties he thought would have helped him. If he did, chances are he would have won the election:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._pr...ection%2C_2000

Candidate Outcomes Based on Potential Recounts in Florida Presidential Election 2000
Review Method Winner
Review of All Ballots Statewide (Never Undertaken)
. . . Standard as set by each county Canvassing Board during their survey Gore by 171
. . . Fully punched chads and limited marks on optical ballots Gore by 115
. . . Any dimples or optical mark Gore by 107
. . . One corner of chad detached or optical mark Gore by 60
Review of Limited Sets of Ballots (Initiated But Never Completed)
. . . Gore request for recounts of all ballots in Broward, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Volusia counties Bush by 225
. . . Florida Supreme Court of all undervotes statewide Bush by 430
. . . Florida Supreme Court as being implemented by the counties, some of whom refused and some counted overvotes as well as undervotes Bush by 493
Certified Result (Official Final Count)
. . . Recounts included from Volusia and Broward only Bush by 537

Vagamus
pwned

Quote:
Terrorism and the Election: California is the Target!

Slow.

I posted this last week and I was wise enough to say I didn't believe it would happen.

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagamus
Slow.

I posted this last week and I was wise enough to say I didn't believe it would happen.
An admirable display of wisdom for which I applaud you.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

Queen Pee(nis)
Elmo
I suck conservative cock

haha, this Wayne Madsen is a target now. i'm gonna bust this liberal up.

eighteen_psi
Extra Virgin

Vagamus
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI
Gore's selective recount demands and the persistence with which he pursued them kill his chances more than anything.

The members of the Supreme Court put there by conservatives are what killed his chances more than anything.

Quote:
A straight-forward state-wide recount might have won the state.
Under every scenario, according to CNN circa late 2001.

Quote:
Instead, Gore's team picked out counties that should have given them what they wanted, and demanded recount after recount until they got what they wanted.
Granted, that was a poor move. Apparently he didn't pay it much attention when the media spent six months leading up to the election lying about him, and thought they wouldn't pounce on him for making even the slightest of wrong moves. Good call, Al.

Quote:
The supreme court finally put a stop to it, because it was pointless.
The Florida supreme court had it right. They wanted to recount the whole state. First words out of my mouth when I heard about a recount: recount every vote. That was always my version of the solution to the problem. Though occasionally, I just said they should give 13 EVs to bush and 12 EVs to gore, but somehow that's a terrible idea...

Quote:
Gore's requested recounts would have ruled against him anway, whereas a state recount probably would have gone in his favor. Bush didn't steal the election, he was handed the election by Gore's inept advisors.
Shoulda just gave it to him. He'd have lost too much credibility to even think of criticizing Bush now.

Quote:
I agree. I think if Bush just says "too bad" to California over having their voters disenfranchised by events on voting day, that's gonna look really bad. Something will have to be done.

Sanchi

Quote:
The Florida supreme court had it right. They wanted to recount the whole state. First words out of my mouth when I heard about a recount: recount every vote. That was always my version of the solution to the problem. Though occasionally, I just said they should give 13 EVs to bush and 12 EVs to gore, but somehow that's a terrible idea...
Except they already recounted the ENTIRE state, twice. Bush one both REcounts. It went Genreal Election (bush won), automatic recount (Bush won), secondary recount (Bush won), Gore's selective recount (never finished). Wisconsin was also automaticly recounted (Gore won).

fatrat

Quote:
It *is* a biased article, but what is being said *is* potentially plausible. I hope this article is remembered after election time. Ill bump it then

Willie, how many times do I have to tell you?

Quit eating that eurobeef, it's really rotting out your brain.

fatrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagamus
The members of the Supreme Court put there by conservatives are what killed his chances more than anything.

Did you even read the decision?

The only reason the Supreme Court stopped the recount was because of the time involved, the electoral college was 48 hours away. Other than that, they actually agreed the state wide manual recount was a damned good idea.

It wasn't a slam against the Florida court, it was an agreement but noting certain constitutional requirements that had to be accomplished they refused to postpone.

Go read it for yourself. I won't give you a link.

Geotpf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchi
Except they already recounted the ENTIRE state, twice. Bush one both REcounts. It went Genreal Election (bush won), automatic recount (Bush won), secondary recount (Bush won), Gore's selective recount (never finished). Wisconsin was also automaticly recounted (Gore won).

Candidate Outcomes Based on Potential Recounts in Florida Presidential Election 2000
Review Method Winner
Review of All Ballots Statewide (Never Undertaken)
. . . Standard as set by each county Canvassing Board during their survey Gore by 171
. . . Fully punched chads and limited marks on optical ballots Gore by 115
. . . Any dimples or optical mark Gore by 107
. . . One corner of chad detached or optical mark Gore by 60
Review of Limited Sets of Ballots (Initiated But Never Completed)
. . . Gore request for recounts of all ballots in Broward, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Volusia counties Bush by 225
. . . Florida Supreme Court of all undervotes statewide Bush by 430
. . . Florida Supreme Court as being implemented by the counties, some of whom refused and some counted overvotes as well as undervotes Bush by 493
Certified Result (Official Final Count)
. . . Recounts included from Volusia and Broward only Bush by 537