General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

lovswr

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDeth
ROFL nice try there.

space saved while I go find the real reason, which isn't hard to do.

edit: -The US Code does not address the positioning of the flag patch. It is appropriate to wear an American flag patch on the left or right sleeve. When worn on the left sleeve, the union would appear towards the front and the stripes would run horizontally toward the back. When worn on the right sleeve, it is considered proper to reverse the design so that the union is at the observerís right to suggest that the flag is flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward.

Geez, taken right from the Army Regulations. Nice try there foilboy.

So the combat/no combat rule has changed. When I was in (87 to 96) a patch on the left shoulder indicated no combat..& the rignt (right side being the "weapon carrying/saluting" side) indiciated some minimum level of actual combat time served.

Actually as I type this I just rememberd that that rule is for unti insignia. Nevermind

edit: Doublenevermind. I just saw Majik's explanation.

Last edited by lovswr; 07-21-2004 at 07:42 AM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

PopeKevinI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ya
It's genetic, right? They should have known.

Yeah, cuz your parents are gay yet managed to produce a child

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI
Someone needs to put down the crackpipe, as Arthur would say.

See my above post: every flag has two sides. The stars are on the left on one side, the right on the other. It amazes me how stupid some people are to forget this fact.

Hey, that is my saying...... However in this case I grant you license to use it because that fucking imbecile has obviously been hitting the crack pipe way to hard and way to long.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

l1dERfRzpRdVmb4SS
Xjagger
It took almost eight months to get here, and Augie had to donate the credit. <3 Kabn.

I hate it when people think that small changes in something denotes a conspiracy. Like the "Illuminati" symbol on the back of the dollar. If there was a conspiracy to control you or slip in a Fascist regime YOU WOULD NOT BE AWARE OF IT. Clandestine meetings by evil people do not vote to drop you "hints" along the way. Regardless of what you'd like to believe.

fatrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy
Sorry but you are wrong, shithead.

No, he's right. You need to go study the actual flag code before you cling to consipracy theories.

http://www.usflag.org/flag.etiquette.html

to quote from it:

"The flag should never be dipped to any person or thing. It is flown upside down only as a distress signal. "

Who's the dumbass now?

PopeKevinI

Okay...I think we've all thoroughly owned Willy in this thread. I particularly liked the quotes from flag code, the several pictures of a "backwards" flag, and my own homework assignment for Willy.

But dear God please let this thread die!

sk33

This thread is so stupid.

OMG AMERICAN AIRLINES AND UNITED ARE DECLARING DISTRESS