General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
Read: Beck sheds fake tears on national television. Even if I agreed with what he was saying, the guy is still a fucking loony.

Not sure why this is so difficult for you to understand.

To suggest that only the host on your side of the spectrum is "educated" while the others aren't and can't "think for themselves" is simply absurd. There are a lot of people I completely disagree with and yet respect their opinion because they can demonstrate they've done the necessary examination of all sides of the issue. Partisan TV hosts do not do this in any measurable capacity from what I can see, and people who watch said hosts often side with one as "educated" or "unbiased" or whatever as the one they agree with, while the other is "uneducated". Show me evidence Glenn Beck doesn't think for himself, as opposed to Olbermann who somehow does by comparison.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
To suggest that only the host on your side of the spectrum is "educated" while the others aren't and can't "think for themselves" is simply absurd. There are a lot of people I completely disagree with and yet respect their opinion because they can demonstrate they've done the necessary examination of all sides of the issue. Partisan TV hosts do not do this in any measurable capacity from what I can see, and people who watch said hosts often side with one as "educated" or "unbiased" or whatever as the one they agree with, while the other is "uneducated". Show me evidence Glenn Beck doesn't think for himself, as opposed to Olbermann who somehow does by comparison.

Go find the name of this phenomenon and I'll believe what you're saying.

AllUranusBelong2Me!

Quote:
Its name is HYPOCRISY.
Forum Iranian who thinks he's a white man: Aldaris

Scatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllUranusBelong2Me! View Post
Its name is HYPOCRISY.
No, its name is VASELINE-FUMES-INDUCED FAKE TEARS.

"I'm gonna be rich and famous one day when I invent
a device that can be used to stab someone in the
face over the Internet."

Xayd

Quote:
Everyone "backs up" their statements, you just don't agree with them.

not really.

some back their statements up with fake video.

funny that the outright lies on the "news" only seem to come from faux.

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:
You'll graduate from college one day, friend.

You're old and stupid bwahahahaha

Tom Kazansky

Quote:

I'm not attacking you, I'm pointing out a fact. In reality, I think all of those TV political pundits are pretty fucking stupid in their own right, left and right wings, because they're by-and-large partisan hacks who refuse to consider anything on the other side to have any shred of validity, while blindly towing the party line as if it were the word of God. People who tend to agree with those individuals view them as "enlightened" or "free thinkers" with really no other justification than they agree with them.

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
not really.

some back their statements up with fake video.

funny that the outright lies on the "news" only seem to come from faux.

Because the Los Angeles Times and the New York Times have done nothing of the sort, right?

Fox News does some stupid shit, but they're not alone, and don't pretend they are just because you don't like them but like the other guys.

And yes, I saw that clip from the Daily Show, and it was pretty fucking stupid. About as stupid as this guy from the New York Times. Surly that's not a big deal though, because it's left-wing and not Fox.

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
You're old and stupid bwahahahaha

I'm 25 with an engineering degree, and I hope one day you learn what it's like to step out of the walls of academia and learn how things work in what the rest of us call the "real world" .

Electrikfuzz050

Quote:

TSRH

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:
I'm 25 with an engineering degree, and I hope one day you learn what it's like to step out of the walls of academia and learn how things work in what the rest of us call the "real world" .

Even worse than I thought :<

AllUranusBelong2Me!

Quote:
No wonder you like Olbermann. All you do is throw insults.
Forum Iranian who thinks he's a white man: Aldaris

Xayd

Quote:
Because the Los Angeles Times and the New York Times have done nothing of the sort, right?

Fox News does some stupid shit, but they're not alone, and don't pretend they are just because you don't like them but like the other guys.

And yes, I saw that clip from the Daily Show, and it was pretty fucking stupid. About as stupid as this guy from the New York Times. Surly that's not a big deal though, because it's left-wing and not Fox.

stupid how, because it caught your friends lying their asses off?

the video was fake. the comments about the video were fake, because the authors knew they were using fake video. an orchestrated lie.

as for the NYT article you linked, the NYT researched and published a list of articles the person above had worked on after firing him in a public retraction/apology.

we have all seen faux on the other hand, DEMAND that reporters lie, and fire them for refusing to do so, then defend their right to lie and call it news in court.

no matter how hard you polish that turd, you can't convince anyone that your fake news is anything more than the propaganda arm of the republican party, but by all means keep trying, there are a million examples to prove you wrong with each reply.

Tom Kazansky

Quote:

I know, I chose a degree option where I already have a high paying job after 4 years. I really shit the bed on that one! What university program are you currently enrolled in?

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
stupid how, because it caught your friends lying their asses off?

the video was fake. the comments about the video were fake, because the authors knew they were using fake video. an orchestrated lie.

as for the NYT article you linked, the NYT researched and published a list of articles the person above had worked on after firing him in a public retraction/apology.

we have all seen faux on the other hand, DEMAND that reporters lie, and fire them for refusing to do so, then defend their right to lie and call it news in court.

no matter how hard you polish that turd, you can't convince anyone that your fake news is anything more than the propaganda arm of the republican party, but by all means keep trying, there are a million examples to prove you wrong with each reply.

Yeah, and how about the LA Times reporter caught photoshopping pictures from the Iraq war? How about the Arab news channels caught adding smoke to videos of the Israeli-Lebanon conflict of 2005 to make the damage seem even worse than it actually was? Remember Dan Rather? Yeah, what was that all about? Are you so dense that you don't realize that media of every bias deceives you on a daily basis, and you eat that shit up like it's gospel simply because you agree with their bias and want to believe it's true.

The NYT fired Blair because he has a string of offenses to his name and got caught with it, and nationally embarrassed what is considered to be a reputable news source. Your dismissal of that offense as not that big of a deal simply because they fired him is unfortunate. You let them off the hook way too easily, only reinforcing my point.

And yes, you caught me, being a Canadian I clearly watch Fox News every day of the week, and consider them my "friends". Please, my news comes largely from CBC and CNN, neither of which are right-wing or "Republican" as you Americans would identify them. All I've ever watched from Fox News was youtube clips people linked on the internet.