General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Whitebread

I don't think anyone should be killed for lack of intelligence, but for ignorance and unwillingness to learn. The desire to learn and work for it can make a person just as successful and capable as a person with a far higher IQ. It's the old hardwork vs. shear intelligence arguement. People representing both characteristics can achieve similar goals, the only difference is the method by which they got there.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebread
I don't think anyone should be killed for lack of intelligence, but for ignorance and unwillingness to learn. The desire to learn and work for it can make a person just as successful and capable as a person with a far higher IQ. It's the old hardwork vs. shear intelligence arguement. People representing both characteristics can achieve similar goals, the only difference is the method by which they got there.

*sheer

But you worked hard, so I won't kill you

Whitebread

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninator
*sheer

But you worked hard, so I won't kill you
What is *sheer?

And, I'm not dumb, but I'm not exactly brilliant either, there are a bunch of people in this thread that are smarter than me. But I'm in the 20 in my highschool class if that means anything to you guys...............

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
What is *sheer?

And, I'm not dumb, but I'm not exactly brilliant either, there are a bunch of people in this thread that are smarter than me. But I'm in the 20 in my highschool class if that means anything to you guys...............

I am so fucking (not) impressed. When I graduated from college you were probably still in your daddies nut sack, nobody gives a fuck what a stupid high school imbecile thinks, because you cant think on your own yet. All you can do is regurgitate (and pathetically at that) what other people have spoon fed you.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

SnakeIRye

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur pendragon
I am so fucking (not) impressed. When I graduated from college you were probably still in your daddies nut sack, nobody gives a fuck what a stupid high school imbecile thinks, because you cant think on your own yet. All you can do is regurgitate (and pathetically at that) what other people have spoon fed you.

And nobody fucking cares how old and "wise" you are. Go take your outdated ideals elsewhere grandpa.

vinnie
OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE SUCKING COCK!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuntius
There's a good chance the wee snapper might, actually. You might want to look up "regression to the mean."

I'm not on the chart and my partner is more than a standard deviation above me. Yeah, I'm really good looking, she's not with me for my towering intellect.

If we breed and the wee snapper ends up in the middle, it's going to be one heck of a lot brighter than most people. Even if it ends up a sd below me, it's still brighter than the vast majority of people.

This is of course assuming that IQ is purely genetic. There's almost certainly phenotypical factors as well and I'm quite sure that we'd manage to provide a suitable environment for a child to develop to their potential.

Either way, regression to the mean doesn't really apply in this situation and even if it does, then the wee snapper is going to be wandering towards somewhere towards our mean, not that if the general populace.
.......v.

JCviggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLurk-MK2
In 30 years, only God will be able to save us.

That would be a first though, wouldnt it

ATP

I doubt that intelligence is on the decrease. :|

edit: Flynn effect

./ ¯/´¯/'¯'/´¯¯/ ).…____
/’'/.../..../....:/¯¯¯¯|...._)
('(...´...´.... ¯\____|......)
\.................'...../.¯¯¯¯
..\'.Still.strokin'./

Whitebread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur pendragon
If you don't like what I have to say, then don't read it or respond. It's not a difficult thing to understand. And I wasn't trying to impress anyone. Whatever intelligence you've attained has made you into a condescending jerk. I think my point has some validity anyway. Not everyone can be highly intelligent nor is everyone they care about highly intelligent.

Last edited by Whitebread; 07-17-2004 at 08:41 AM..

fatherjohn

Fatherjohn wonders what the effect of AIDS will be on average global IQ. AIDS is a big big problem in some of the low-IQ countries. And it's easy to imagine that on average, AIDS will kill the dumber residents of those countries.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:49 AM  

Geotpf

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherjohn
Fatherjohn wonders what the effect of AIDS will be on average global IQ. AIDS is a big big problem in some of the low-IQ countries. And it's easy to imagine that on average, AIDS will kill the dumber residents of those countries.

I thought about that. Still if a woman has unprotected sex with a bunch of people, has several kids, then gets AIDS and dies, her genes are passed along more than a woman who has safe sex and only one kid (or none, or doesn't have sex at all).

AIDS does mute this "stupid people have more sex and pass along thier genes more" factor, but it's still there.

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATP

my mom: "When I was your age, we were doing 'what's 5+5' !"

Geotpf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATP
I doubt that intelligence is on the decrease. :|

Wow. After Googling "Flynn Effect", it seems the theory we are all assuming is wrong-people are getting smarter, and rather quickly (to the point the reason that old people score poorer on IQ tests isn't because of age, but because people are getting smarter).

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeIRye
And nobody fucking cares how old and "wise" you are. Go take your outdated ideals elsewhere grandpa.
Ideas don’t get outdated you fucking imbecile, young fucktards like you beat their heads against cactuses until they grow up and grow a pair and relies that they don’t know jack shit and start learning. They then understand what older people before them learned exactly the same hard way. Fortunately Darwinism kicks in and eliminates fucktards like you who are incapable of learning anything beyond the basic A B C’s. Grab your balls and swing them around like you just don’t care because the amount of intelligence you have shown here indicates you are not going to be around much longer dipshit.

Quote:
If you don't like what I have to say, then don't read it or respond. It's not a difficult thing to understand. And I wasn't trying to impress anyone. Whatever intelligence you've attained has made you into a condescending jerk. I think my point has some validity anyway. Not everyone can be highly intelligent nor is everyone they care about highly intelligent.

Fuck off you little pussy, if you weren’t trying to impress everyone you would have kept your yap shut, but you didn’t did you. Am I a condescending jerk? Sure, no argument from me there, but on the other hand maybe you should actually try thinking about the stupid shit you post before hitting the enter key some time. Perhaps one of these days you will actually learn the difference between responding and reacting. Not that I have a lot of confidence in you, however since you do have at least enough intelligence to figure out how to turn a computer on and post to a forum anything is possible. Try and remember, only people who are too stupid to know that they are stupid don’t mind being stupid

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

Last edited by arthur pendragon; 07-18-2004 at 07:50 AM..

PopeKevinI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geotpf
Wow. After Googling "Flynn Effect", it seems the theory we are all assuming is wrong-people are getting smarter, and rather quickly (to the point the reason that old people score poorer on IQ tests isn't because of age, but because people are getting smarter).

It's all these video games the younguns are playing