General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
KhenemetSobek
 
You simply cannot reason with unreasonable people. This goes for everyone, not just christians.
__________________
1180802418
Old 07-18-2004, 01:01 AM KhenemetSobek is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

chriszuma
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhenemetSobek
But you are just as bad. You assume that you are enlightened. You assume that you know for a "fact" that no god or higher power of anyform exists.
okay, i may have used the term enlightened a little loosely, and i apologise. However, i do not assume that i hold the absolute truth. i do know for almost certain, that god was completely made up.

The reason i am so offended by you saying that i assume i'm enlightened is that my system of beliefs is that of only believing what i see and can confirm with solid evidence(trying very hard to not assume anything). "God" is completely unconfirmable, and if you set your religion aside and take a step back (as i have done), it becomes apparent that he was made up when science didnt exist to explain all the shit they didnt understand. Did you know that every time it rains in the bible, it says that "the doors of heaven opened up"? They used this omnipotent superbeing to explain everything from rain to the creation of earth.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:03 AM chriszuma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

chriszuma
 
shit, see guys, this is exacltly what i was talking about when i started this ill-conceived thread.
Now i'm really pissed off, my blood pressure is up, and i'm mentally exhausted. Schmuck is right, i gotta stop this shit.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:05 AM chriszuma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

KhenemetSobek
 
Dude, you are asuming that everyone that follows a religion that has a deity or dieties, it must be the christian god. How many religions have you actually sat down and studied?

If you are pissed off about this, it means that you can't argue your point very well.
__________________
1180802418
Old 07-18-2004, 01:08 AM KhenemetSobek is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

chriszuma
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhenemetSobek
Dude, you are asuming that everyone that follows a religion that has a deity or dieties, it must be the christian god. How many religions have you actually sat down and studied?

If you are pissed off about this, it means that you can't argue your point very well.
god, can't you read, i assume nothing!

i never said i believe all religions are wrong, just the ones that believe in a deity.
i think buddhism is on the right track, and wicca is cool too.

edit: you would be pissed off too if you were trying to convince a herd of sheep that they are following a fraud.

edit 2: this is also the reason i have vowed to stop trying to argue my point. Ancient chinese proverb: "Fuck this shit."

Last edited by chriszuma; 07-18-2004 at 01:13 AM..
Old 07-18-2004, 01:10 AM chriszuma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

KhenemetSobek
 
You say you assume nothing, but in your posts it is quite obvious you assume a lot. You obviously haven't stepped back from religion at all, because you are not seeing all sides of the arguement. So since I am a Polytheist, I must be wrong?
__________________
1180802418
Old 07-18-2004, 01:13 AM KhenemetSobek is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

möbiustrip
 
möbiustrip's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszuma
wicca is cool too.
I cast stfu on you
__________________
I personally believe that there has to be a law that limits the power of the supreme court. -- R@$T@M@N
Old 07-18-2004, 01:14 AM möbiustrip is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

chriszuma
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip
I cast stfu on you
i accept your stfu, and raise you a b7.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:16 AM chriszuma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

chriszuma
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhenemetSobek
You say you assume nothing, but in your posts it is quite obvious you assume a lot. You obviously haven't stepped back from religion at all, because you are not seeing all sides of the arguement. So since I am a Polytheist, I must be wrong?
i think so, yes, but i'm not going to argue with you.

see above-mentioned vow.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:16 AM chriszuma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

möbiustrip
 
möbiustrip's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszuma
i accept your stfu, and raise you a b7.
my crystal diffuses your cynicism into a harmless rainbow of tolerance
__________________
I personally believe that there has to be a law that limits the power of the supreme court. -- R@$T@M@N
Old 07-18-2004, 01:16 AM möbiustrip is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

KhenemetSobek
 
How do you know that religions with deities are frauds?
__________________
1180802418
Old 07-18-2004, 01:17 AM KhenemetSobek is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

chriszuma
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip
my crystal diffuses your cynicism into a harmless rainbow of tolerance
actually, i was talking about this topic. it should be b7. i'm sick and fucking tired of it.

wtf was i thinking starting this stupid-ass thread?
Old 07-18-2004, 01:17 AM chriszuma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

chriszuma
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhenemetSobek
How do you know that religions with deities are frauds?
see afore-mentioned vow.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:18 AM chriszuma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#28  

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhenemetSobek
So since I am a Polytheist, I must be wrong?

wrong for each god you believe in
__________________
Use Linux and BSD
Old 07-18-2004, 01:18 AM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#29  

möbiustrip
 
möbiustrip's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszuma
actually, i was talking about this topic. it should be b7. i'm sick and fucking tired of it.

wtf was i thinking starting this stupid-ass thread?
i'll second the motion to this stupid-ass thread
__________________
I personally believe that there has to be a law that limits the power of the supreme court. -- R@$T@M@N
Old 07-18-2004, 01:19 AM möbiustrip is offline  
Reply With Quote
#30  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:48 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.