General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Free_Willy
 
Free_Willy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren5
I didn't follow the case that closely. I think it went like this though ... Martha, the broker, and her assistant all were in on the original legal deal, but they thought it was illegal. So they covered up and made up the $60 story. Then one of them ratted to get immunity.

They managed to prove it in court, whatever method it occured by doesn't matter much ...
right exactly, and im saying its a travesty of justice and *extremely* dangerous! - "even though prosecutors uncovered no evidence that Mrs. Stewart had committed a crime, they indicted her for "obstructing justice" by not telling them what they say is the truth about the stock sale even though what the prosecutors say is the truth about the sale does not constitute a crime."

see what im saying? its kinda like if you suspect you GF is cheating and you confront her, no matter *what* she says she is guilty.... simply because you believe she did! its fucked up!


P.s: I apologise for thinking "perjury"is the same as "obstruction of Justice" but the argument I am making remains the same nonetheless.
__________________
"It's a jungle here--right now we're advising our clients to put all they can into canned goods and shotguns!"

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.

Last edited by Free_Willy; 07-19-2004 at 02:33 AM..
Old 07-19-2004, 02:29 AM Free_Willy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#31  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Wren5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy
right exactly, and im saying its a travesty of justice and *extremely* dangerous! - "even though prosecutors uncovered no evidence that Mrs. Stewart had committed a crime, they indicted her for "obstructing justice" by not telling them what they say is the truth about the stock sale even though what the prosecutors say is the truth about the sale does not constitute a crime."
No, not really. The prosecutors have to prove which version is right, not just say it.

I suppose you'd prefer to make it perfectly legal to conspire to hoodwink cops, then?
Old 07-19-2004, 02:31 AM Wren5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#32  

Wren5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy
see what im saying? its kinda like if you suspect you GF is cheating and you confront her, no matter *what* she says she is guilty.... simply because you believe she did! its fucked up!
To make that analogy go correctly, she wouldn't be fucked if she told the truth and wasn't cheating.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:33 AM Wren5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#33  

Free_Willy
 
Free_Willy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren5
No, not really. The prosecutors have to prove which version is right, not just say it.

I suppose you'd prefer to make it perfectly legal to conspire to hoodwink cops, then?
And ppl are automatically GUILTY if you THINK they "conspired to hoodwink" cops? thats what this case is saying!
__________________
"It's a jungle here--right now we're advising our clients to put all they can into canned goods and shotguns!"

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:34 AM Free_Willy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#34  

Free_Willy
 
Free_Willy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren5
To make that analogy go correctly, she wouldn't be fucked if she told the truth and wasn't cheating.
But you check her story that "she was at her moms the entire night in question" although some of the times she stated doesnt match, her mom verifies she was there... so therefore she is guilty?

This whole case should have been dismissed on insufficient grounds and evidence. Its almost like saying "All dark skined Middle eastern type ppl are terrorists" .
__________________
"It's a jungle here--right now we're advising our clients to put all they can into canned goods and shotguns!"

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:37 AM Free_Willy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#35  

Wren5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy
And ppl are automatically GUILTY if you THINK they "conspired to hoodwink" cops? thats what this case is saying!

But you check her story that "she was at her moms the entire night in question" although some of the times she stated doesnt match, her mom verifies she was there... so therefore she is guilty?
Alright, this is about the limit I'll take of your bull. No, she wouldn't be guilty just because I THINK they conspired to hoodwink cops. It would have to be proven. If you don't think they actually proved the crime they convicted her of then I hear that Costco is selling tin foil and white lawn chairs for cheap.

Well yes actually, if my gf says she arrived at 8 and my mom says she arrived at 11 then she's lying to me. I'd want to know where she was and why she didn't trust me to tell me. I wouldn't be blowing mad about it, which fits (as much as this goofy analogy fits at all), since Martha only recieved (in reality) 6 months of prison and pocket change in fines.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:42 AM Wren5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#36  

Free_Willy
 
Free_Willy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren5
Alright, this is about the limit I'll take of your bull. No, she wouldn't be guilty just because I THINK they conspired to hoodwink cops. It would have to be proven. If you don't think they actually proved the crime they convicted her of then I hear that Costco is selling tin foil and white lawn chairs for cheap.

Well yes actually, if my gf says she arrived at 8 and my mom says she arrived at 11 then she's lying to me. I'd want to know where she was and why she didn't trust me to tell me.
Right exactly, it is PROVEN she DID NOT CHEAT and was at her MOMS all fucking night. However because she screwed up on her times you decide to "convict" her anyway.

So then shes automatically guilty, even when she didnt "swear" and focus on what she was saying? (not under oath)

Quote:
I wouldn't be blowing mad about it, which fits (as much as this goofy analogy fits at all), since Martha only recieved (in reality) 6 months of prison and pocket change in fines.
Obviously then, you dont believe in "Innocent untill proven guilty"... Nazi. Show me YOUR papers!
__________________
"It's a jungle here--right now we're advising our clients to put all they can into canned goods and shotguns!"

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.

Last edited by Free_Willy; 07-19-2004 at 02:53 AM..
Old 07-19-2004, 02:44 AM Free_Willy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#37  

Wren5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy
So then shes automatically guilty, even when she didnt "swear" and focus on what she was saying? (not under oath)

Obviously then, you dont believe in "Innocent untill proven guilty"... Nazi. Show me YOUR papers!
Oh get off it. She was focusing plenty. She thought about what she had done long enough to decide to commit an illegal act covering it up. We're not talking about some third grader making offhand statements to her friends here. This is a major business exec talking to the police.

You're a moron. If I were advocating the removal of innocent until proven guilty policies then it would look nothing like this.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:53 AM Wren5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#38  

Wren5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy
Right exactly, it is PROVEN she DID NOT CHEAT and was at her MOMS all fucking night. However because she screwed up on her times you decide to "convict" her anyway.
"convict" her of lying, which she did, not of cheating, which as nothing to do with anything, moron.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:58 AM Wren5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#39  

Free_Willy
 
Free_Willy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren5
Oh get off it. She was focusing plenty. She thought about what she had done long enough to decide to commit an illegal act covering it up.
The only time one can be guilty of covering up something, is when thier *convicted guilty* of the crime thier covering up!

Quote:
We're not talking about some third grader making offhand statements to her friends here. This is a major business exec talking to the police.

You're a moron. If I were advocating the removal of innocent until proven guilty policies then it would look nothing like this.
Whatever you say Stalin, I remind you, she was *not* under oath, thats why it *cant be* perjury.

She was convicted of something they "BELIEVED" she did wrong. Convicted of a "conspiracy"... the new government is the new TINFOIL HAT brigade! Whats next! ACHTUNG JUDEN!?

Second, Justice is "blind" is doesnt matter if its an executive or a fucking pauper... at least its not supposed to!
__________________
"It's a jungle here--right now we're advising our clients to put all they can into canned goods and shotguns!"

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.

Last edited by Free_Willy; 07-19-2004 at 03:01 AM..
Old 07-19-2004, 02:59 AM Free_Willy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#40  

Wren5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy
The only time one can be guilty of covering up something, is when thier *convicted guilty* of the crime thier covering up!

Whatever you say Stalin, I remind you, she was *not* under oath, thats why it *cant be* perjury.

Second, Justice is "blind" is doesnt matter if its an executive or a fucking pauper... at least its not supposed to!
I've already been over this with you. Perjury and Obstruction of Justice are two different things entirely. You CAN be guilty of covering something up even when it is not a crime.

PERJURY HAS NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH THIS CASE!

The fact that she is an exec had nothing to do with her conviction.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:04 AM Wren5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#41  

Free_Willy
 
Free_Willy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren5
"convict" her of lying, which she did, not of cheating, which as nothing to do with anything, moron.
That is a mistrial!
__________________
"It's a jungle here--right now we're advising our clients to put all they can into canned goods and shotguns!"

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:05 AM Free_Willy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#42  

Wren5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy
That is a mistrial!
No, I've proven that she was playing mind games with me. Kthxdie
Old 07-19-2004, 03:07 AM Wren5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#43  

Free_Willy
 
Free_Willy's Avatar
 
Hey Wren thanks for the debate... ill check this thread tomorrow. Your not an asshole like we called one another, assholes flame the thread starter without any argument or substance whatsoever. ill be giving this issue more thought. Laters and thanks .
__________________
"It's a jungle here--right now we're advising our clients to put all they can into canned goods and shotguns!"

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:09 AM Free_Willy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#44  

Free_Willy
 
Free_Willy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren5
No, I've proven that she was playing mind games with me. Kthxdie
in that Ill agree because *all* women fuck with ur mind :P Guilty as charged.
__________________
"It's a jungle here--right now we're advising our clients to put all they can into canned goods and shotguns!"

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:10 AM Free_Willy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#45  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:45 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.