General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Vagamus
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownWanderer
This actually IS a bad thread. It goes from talking about the Martha Stewart case to political jibes about the Bush administration. Seriously. How vague

"What is a penis? Oh yeah, it's that thing my dad sticks in my ass every night. If I could only find my own, I MIGHT be able to beat off.
Of course, that wouldn't do any good, because I'm impotent."

I'm guessing your job is to bring laughter to bad threads?

Almost every thread posted here is a bad thread by those standards.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Vagamus
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy
right exactly, and im saying its a travesty of justice and *extremely* dangerous! - "even though prosecutors uncovered no evidence that Mrs. Stewart had committed a crime, they indicted her for "obstructing justice" by not telling them what they say is the truth about the stock sale even though what the prosecutors say is the truth about the sale does not constitute a crime."

I agree. This is dangerous circular reasoning here, and it makes the justice system look irrational as a result. Just what we all want... for the system to appear even MORE irrational than it already does.

Vagamus
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren5
I've already been over this with you. Perjury and Obstruction of Justice are two different things entirely. You CAN be guilty of covering something up even when it is not a crime.

Why should someone be punished for lying about something that isn't even a crime to begin with? Does that mean we can throw the media in jail when they lie to the public (there are cops as part of that public)? There's no crime, but they lied!

He's got a point. We shouldn't be putting people in jail because they lied about something that wasn't a crime. If you're concerned about it wasting the court's time - impose a heavy fine. Jail? That's ridiculous.

Quote:
The fact that she is an exec had nothing to do with her conviction.
I think you're right. Martha and Chong get jail time. George W. Bush actually committed a crime like Martha was accused of and got slapped on the wrist. Daddy was in charge at the time.

I think it's about political or idealogical favoritism. If the guy in charge likes you, then you get a pass. I hate to believe it, but this administration doesn't seem to mind leaving that impression.

Vagamus
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI
Infidelity is not a crime.

Bill Clinton commited perjury by lying about infidelity.

The perjury itself was the crime which prompted a $40,000,000 impeachment attempt. It was never about the infidelity...though you wouldn't guess that from what some people say.

Get it?

Yet another example of waste-of-taxmoney that shouldn't happen. Lying about something that isn't criminal should not be a crime. The fact that it is merely allows assholes like the republicans of the '90s to set a purjury trap and convict on a technicality when they fail to uncover any ACTUAL CRIMES.

I want my money back on that one. What a collossal waste. He was elected - get over it - stop trying to reverse that for him lying about whether he did something he had every legal right to do.

Vagamus
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoelessOne
she can go to hell, imo. i mean, as is she got the minimum sentence, and as she said to the judges, "remmember all of the good things i have done for people". i hope she gets raped.

i hope you get beaten nearly to death, captured by a gay tribe of savages, and used as a fingercuff pinata for 30 or 40 years before you are finally killed slowly by having your skull whacked with a spoon.

Vagamus
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeus
martha stewarts arrogance landed her in the situation she is in... given that, i think the fact that a government witness perjuring himself on the stand and being prosecuted for it, plus the fact that a juror seems to be incapable of understanding the law should allow her another trial...

You have become, sadly, predictable.

SamFarber

The author of the article - Paul Craig Roberts - is THE man in my book. I've always admired his work.