General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

PopeKevinI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy
Sometimes I *do* add my own opinions , other times I feel the article merits discussion on its own. What many people fail to realise is when I *dont* write my opinion I am looking for OTHER points of view before making a decision on how I feel about the article! But ppl *assume* I am posting them because thats how *I* feel! they naturally assume I completely agree with the articles! LMAO.

So *no* the articles themselves are rarely debated and it frustrates me... *I* am many times debated instead!

Well, then, post the article, express your neutrality, and pray for the best. Because the author of the article isn't present to defend their position, you do sort of get that job by proxy in posting the article, unless you post it with the intent of pointing out how stupid it is.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Free_Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI
Well, then, post the article, express your neutrality, and pray for the best. Because the author of the article isn't present to defend their position, you do sort of get that job by proxy in posting the article, unless you post it with the intent of pointing out how stupid it is.
that is why when I dont answer a post (which is arguably rare I do answer most of them) is when I am personally unsure about how I feel about that specific nuance of the issue.

But yah some of the hings I post are so broad based its impossible for me, or anyone for that matter to say "I absolutely 100% believe in everything said here" thats why I simply dont. Its like watching a "unsolved mystery" program... who can really say if its truth or fiction, all they can do is split the issue apart and comment from thier own experience, or knowledge the merits of each thing posted, which DOESNT happen very often here and I wish it would.

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.

ViriiK
http://military.revenanteagle.org/

Quote:
that is why when I dont answer a post (which is arguably rare I do answer most of them) is when I am personally unsure about how I feel about that specific nuance of the issue.

But yah some of the hings I post are so broad based its impossible for me, or anyone for that matter to say "I absolutely 100% believe in everything said here" thats why I simply dont. Its like watching a "unsolved mystery" program... who can really say if its truth or fiction, all they can do is split the issue apart and comment from thier own experience, or knowledge the merits of each thing posted, which DOESNT happen very often here and I wish it would.
It would be nice if that logic was applied to your own making of a thread..
- Proud Sponsor of the American Military-Industrial Complex

Free_Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViriiK
It would be nice if that logic was applied to your own making of a thread..
It would be nice if you got the fuck off *my* ass and either argue the points in my threads or DONT POST IN THEM.

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
It would be nice if you got the fuck off *my* ass and either argue the points in my threads or DONT POST IN THEM.

There is another option you know, you could quit posting.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

Free_Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur pendragon
There is another option you know, you could quit posting.

So which is better? Cencorship or changing the channel? Which is better for Genmay?

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
So which is better? Cencorship or changing the channel? Which is better for Genmay?
You're the imbecile trying to implement censorship you fucking moron, voluntarily choosing to remain silent is not censorship. You cant get into a drunken bar brawl if you are not drunk and in a bar. If you donít like having everybody point out how fucking stupid you are quit leading with your chin.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

Free_Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur pendragon
You're the imbecile trying to implement censorship you fucking moron, voluntarily choosing to remain silent is not censorship.
Im *not* going to remain silent Just because YOU want me to. Therefore I do not *volunteer* for anything.

Quote:
You cant get into a drunken bar brawl if you are not drunk and in a bar. If you donít like having everybody point out how fucking stupid you are quit leading with your chin.
Quote:
Last I checked fault lies in the attacker, or aggresors court. You are attacking me and telling me not to post and leave. I suggest you shut the fuck up and dont look at my threads if you dont like them.

PopeKevinI

Wow...Willy looks pissed

Willy: I've tried to explain to you why you get this. Whether you take my advice or not is up to you.

ViriiK

Quote:
How about no.. This is the pit.. I'm allowed to state whatever fucking opinion I have.. If you don't like it.. Then don't post you fucking retard.. Go cry a fucking river..

My reference was refering to the "I don't believe 100% of everything here, so I try to apply it to myself" when you actually don't when you create a thread..

Free_Willy

Quote:
How about no.. This is the pit.. I'm allowed to state whatever fucking opinion I have.. If you don't like it.. Then don't post you fucking retard.. Go cry a fucking river..
Im not cryin, your the one with the ssue and hopes of censoring me. You just cant seem to handle that im not going to stop posting what I think is relevant material. period. Too bad.

Last edited by Free_Willy; 07-19-2004 at 03:11 PM..

ViriiK

Quote:
Im not cryin, your the one with the ssue and hopes of censoring me. You just cant seem to handle that im not going to stop posting what I think is relevant material. period. Too bad.
Where the fuck am I censoring you? I'm arguing over your non-intelligent post like "OMG THe flag is backwards that = distress signal!" and having your ass handed to you.. You keep visiting the stupid sites and you think you're so posting them here...

You're the one that wants to censor me.. "Get off my ass" "Stop posting in my threads" etc etc..

Conspiracy Theories =! Relevant..

I'll give you something to think about..

Why are we in Iceland where my father's currently serving.. I want you to tell me that answer straight up.. News reports aren't going to help you with this because there are none about this.. Yet it isn't confidental..

Last edited by ViriiK; 07-19-2004 at 04:32 PM..

Vagamus
pwned

Quote:
Stupid because I took the time to look at all angles and possibilities, and see more evidence pointing away from your beloved notions that I saw supporting them?

No, stupid because he disagrees. That's all it takes.

Vagamus
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViriiK
As for me.. I grew up in a military family (Unlike you).. I have conservative parents.. And I grew up with a better perspective of what politics is saying.. And I intend to vote for Bush....

Your parents have done well.

So, when are you enlisting?

ViriiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagamus
Your parents have done well.

So, when are you enlisting?
How's that in terms of what? Knowing what the hell is right from wrong... Facts from Non-Facts.. etc Then yes..

Also you obviously don't know shit about me..