General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Euklid

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1300
i'm mostly agnostic, but also what i like to call "statistically athiest", ie: if i had to bet $5 on god existing or not right now, i would bet on not. think about all the possible ways the universe was created, bing bang, creation, etc, nothing really has any proof, so why put all your money on one?

I thought there was evidence for the big bang? They measured they amount of microwave background radiation which is present and satisfied the big bang prediction, am I wrong?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

homer1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euklid
I thought there was evidence for the big bang? They measured they amount of microwave background radiation which is present and satisfied the big bang prediction, am I wrong?
there is, but it's best not to talk about it in the pit, certain people don't think it has any proof and are willing to spend hours attempting to disprove it.

ea771c2a4db83d092b7cf870edc4ec39

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

"Oh please! I have been part of so many big bangs that if one had started a universe I would know about it" Six of One from Tripping the Rift

Esibnitsud
pwned

if we are gonna talk about betting on god then i think pascal has somethin to wager, er say.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esibnitsud
if we are gonna talk about betting on god then i think pascal has somethin to wager, er say.

I'll take Babalonian Dieties for 500 alex

PopeKevinI

Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip
From does God exist to Michael Moore in five posts.

The question is, could a thousand monkeys pecking at a typewriter make a better thread than this?

Monkeys? Typewriters? A retarded chicken pecking Morse code could generate higher-quality threads.

onigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock
I'll take Babalonian Dieties for 500 alex
MR. TREBEK! YOU HAVE ANAL BUM COVERS?!?!?

Androo

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1300
i'm mostly agnostic, but also what i like to call "statistically athiest", ie: if i had to bet $5 on god existing or not right now, i would bet on not. think about all the possible ways the universe was created, bing bang, creation, etc, nothing really has any proof, so why put all your money on one?

There's more proof of the existance of a big bang than there is of the Christian God. Hell, even the Pope endorsed the Big Bang theory (the Vatican likes to endorse scientific theories that they "think" support Christian beliefs, and the Big Bang to the mind of the church appeared to be an event of creation). But even if the theory is true, what happened before then? What will happen after the big crunch? What created all that? It's an answer scientists do not know (and in my agnostic view, will never know).

My utter lack of theism comes from my inability to just pass off the unknown as some mystical thing done by a mystical being. Christians who subscribe to the big bang will say that God created the universe and we're just seeing evidence of that; which to me is perposterious. If someone knocks at your door and you want to know who it is then you open the door, not take a wild guess. Science is slowly allowing us to open that door.

BBnet3000
<ABlix> I WANTED TO BE WITH HER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esibnitsud
Do you have rational faith or is you're faith blind?
your grammar sucks and i still cant tell what the fuck youre talking about

Esibnitsud
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBnet3000
your grammar sucks and i still cant tell what the fuck youre talking about

yez i do omg. Will you go too your palace over thier and shitty.