General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Abarai
I want to suck vinnies cock but all I got was this title

Increasing dash speed

I don't know if any of you saw my post in the football thread on the main forum, but basically I'm looking to lose a lot of weight and really up my dashing speed.

I'll give a more detailed background considering this is the BC.
I'm 5'11'', 235 lbs. I don't know how much I bench or squat just yet, I just got back into lifting. Here's my routine:
Routine #1 - Back, shoulders, biceps

1) -pull-ups or pull-downs to chest
-shrugs
2) -lateral arm raises with free weights
-preacher curls
3) -seated rows
-biceps curls
4) -wrist flex & extend with free weights
-bent over lateral arm raisees with free weights
5) -abdominal crunches
-seated military press

Routine #2- Chest & Triceps

1) -standing triceps pull-downs
-supine pectoral "hugs" with free weights
2) -incline chest press with free weights
- triceps extensions with free weights
3) -leg flexion and extentions
- bench press
4) -supine straight leg raises
- calf raises

I try to do 3 sets of 8-6-4, increasing by 5-10 pounds after each set.

I alternate between these two routines on MWF, and I do at least 30 min. of cardio on TRSat. I try to make it HIIT, but hell if I know if I'm doing it right. I usually hit up an elliptical and do intervals, 2 minutes on something light and then 2 minutes on something hard for 24 minutes. Then I usually lower the resistance to something in between and do that for at least another 6 minutes.

Alright, so like I said before, I want to lose a lot of weight and try to increase my dashing speed. Anyone have any advice? I'm currently trying to eat healthy, i.e. no fried foods, no fast food. Lots of fish and vegetables, some white rice (i try to get brown, but it's less available), lots of chicken breast. I also take some whey protein after lifting.

Cliffs:
Help me lose weight and run faster.

edit: I heard from some of my friends that running in a pool would help with dashing. Any thoughts?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

jimbo_17257

Any kind of exercise that utilizes an "explosive" sort of motion will help with your dash speed... I don't know if this is still the big thing in track and field but "quick twitch" drills are supposed to help tremendously...

Running in a pool will help short-term, your results will level off after about a month though, kind of like resistance training at the same level for years won't result in noticable gains.

vinnie
OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE SUCKING COCK!!!!!

You do wrist curls but no legs... yeah, your dash speed is going to get insanely fast with powerful wrists. Then you back all those wrist curls up with some hard time on the elliptical. Woo. They are never going to catch you!

Try reading the faq and starting again. Fuck off the wrist curls and start doing a proper split that includes the legs. Get outside and do wind sprints and short intervals.
.......v.

Abarai

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
You do wrist curls but no legs... yeah, your dash speed is going to get insanely fast with powerful wrists. Then you back all those wrist curls up with some hard time on the elliptical. Woo. They are never going to catch you!

Try reading the faq and starting again. Fuck off the wrist curls and start doing a proper split that includes the legs. Get outside and do wind sprints and short intervals.

The balanced routine is just to help regain some muscle I lost after lying in bed for a week not eating.

Hegemon54

I'm the guy that made the football thread in the main forum, heres what I've been trying to do:

Run around the track while doing the following: quick sprint, jog, drill, repeat

drill consist of running sideways, one foot over, then that foot under, if youve ever done that kind of drill. Do high knees, high heels or a combo of both.

I don't know about you but I want to work on my ability to cut and high speed and from my experience this requires considerable muscles in your inner thighs so use some leg machines that work that. Also calf raises for speed and just continue to lose weight because that will always make you faster.

bigandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abarai View Post
The balanced routine is just to help regain some muscle I lost after lying in bed for a week not eating.

I don't know exactly what that means, but your routine just isn't that good. you should be doing explosive excercises like power cleans and romanian deadlifts if you're trying to get faster.

Hegemon54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandy View Post
I don't know exactly what that means, but your routine just isn't that good. you should be doing explosive excercises like power cleans and romanian deadlifts if you're trying to get faster.

Yes romanian deadlifts to work the back of your legs, that will help alot

Abarai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandy View Post

K. I was originally using this routine purely to burn fat sometime last year, but recently I wanted to gain speed. Unfortunately, I didn't know how to do that, so I've been doing my regular routine until I could get some feedback.

Lol, and just to clarify, I could use a lot of weight loss at this point.

Also, thanks Hegemon. Unfortunately, our track is currently covered in snow, so I'll have to find someplace else to run.

vinnie
OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE SUCKING COCK!!!!!

Quote:

There is nothing at all balanced about it and you lost fuck all muscle in a week in bed. Are you serious about running faster, or are you just here to fuck spiders?
.......v.

Abarai

Ok, thank you vinnie. I just put you on my ignore list, so I suppose you really have no more reason to be in here.

JanstheMan

Add a day for legs. Power clean, squat, deadlift, and I would say snatch. Hamstrings are important too.

Consider jump squats as well.

Burner27
pwned

That routine isn't going to help you increase your dash speed. Think of your body as if it were a house. To have a strong house you need to have a good foundation. A good foundation would include doing legs. You should add in a day dedicated to legs. Squats-Box Squats - weighted lunges - SLDLs - calf-work would also be very benefical.

w00t1337
Sanjay's love child

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanstheMan View Post
Add a day for legs. Power clean, squat, deadlift, and I would say snatch. Hamstrings are important too.

Consider jump squats as well.

Don't recommend something like a snatch to someone just beginning to lift weights. That is just asking for trouble.
STRAIGHT UP 39TH STREET NIGGAH ALWAYS BALLIN ALWAYS HUSTLIN' 394L NEVER FRONTIN NEVER HATIN #18

Formerly: w00t1337, Sanjito, Sandwich Man

aussiehax is my hero

Assyrian

Quote:
Ok, thank you vinnie. I just put you on my ignore list, so I suppose you really have no more reason to be in here.
Way to disregard helpful advice. Your exercise is not balanced for what you want to do.

Throw in legs.

edit: The running in the pool is . You want to increase drag, so wear heavier clothing when you're out running.

twitter.com/thespazz

Talenos

When I was doing some intense speed training we did the following in addition to balanced weight training.

1. sprint/jogs. No more than 20 minutes should be needed.
2. Can't remember the term, the presidential fitness test does it, basically run 20-40m, turn around and run back, rinse, repeat.

We also did a lot of stuff with throwing weighted balls around and we had this platform where you tied elastic cords to your waist and jumped up and down on it. That really helped build power I think.