General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
-lotus-
Im not upset, Im just not smiling at you.
 
-lotus-'s Avatar
 
The only part of your plan I am completely against is letting the FDA regulate and oversee manufacturing. The Fed Govt should have no say in this issue other than to legalize and decriminalize. Thats what got us in this mess in the first place. Leave it to the individual states to either allow legal drug use in their state or not. Federal law that exists with no basis in the constitution is essentially null and void due to the 10th amendment.
This isnt a war on drugs its a war on personal freedom. Please remember that at all times, thank you.
__________________
King of the Jewish Mexicans~
dcd69fcaa20368a784466fac72d70eae [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.

refault can suck my cawk

[QUOTE=JoePits;23000067]when i see 4:20 on the clock to me its gods way of saying "rock on, Joe"[/QUOTE]
Old 12-02-2008, 02:46 PM -lotus- is offline  
Reply With Quote
#646  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
2) Addiction is always under-defined and reserved for the raving, under the bridge Vietnam vet heroin users. Binge drinkers and marijuana smokers arnt addicted!... who cares? The fact of the matter is that binge drinkers, addicted or not are equally as deadly behind a car when intoxicated. Same for drug users.

The drug use has little to do with the harm inflicted on society, nor are the purchases of the drugs, its the side effects that stem from the usage. When you legalize drugs you resolve 10% of the problem and leave the remaining 90% to increase. Legalize it, no more gang shoot outs over trash bags full of weed. No more cops on the payroll. Instead you have the next generation in highschool smoking legalized marjuana, failing harder than ever before on their math tests. Gaining more weight from all the bags of munchie driven M&M devouring.

Once you legalize drugs you become a really big version of the thing that they always talk about in rehab; The enabler, allowing the nation to fall into perpetual party mode grants you stoned cops, having poor judgment on the job. Educators and students spending the day giggling in class, the list goes on. The kicker here is... you cant stop anyone because if you do, you are back to square one. If you refuse highschoolers and on duty police officers the right to use, then you have to jail them, fine them and arrest them when they are obviously going to use and then you have to hunt the suppliers to the underage users, etc... its the same level of work just different targets this time.

wtf are you talking about
Old 12-02-2008, 02:53 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#647  

Figment
Boss Fucker
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by -lotus- View Post
The only part of your plan I am completely against is letting the FDA regulate and oversee manufacturing. The Fed Govt should have no say in this issue other than to legalize and decriminalize. Thats what got us in this mess in the first place. Leave it to the individual states to either allow legal drug use in their state or not. Federal law that exists with no basis in the constitution is essentially null and void due to the 10th amendment.
This isnt a war on drugs its a war on personal freedom. Please remember that at all times, thank you.

Thats quite a step to take to say its a war on personal freedom. By that token any regulated activity is a war on personal freedoms.
__________________
\\fig\\photographer\\
www.slantphoto.com
5a5bc6ae2f32dc865a9cbc0ec595c88b [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
“Thinking out a plan and ensuring its success is one of the keenest satisfactions for an intelligent man to experience.”
Old 12-02-2008, 03:20 PM Figment is offline  
Reply With Quote
#648  

-lotus-
Im not upset, Im just not smiling at you.
 
-lotus-'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Thats quite a step to take to say its a war on personal freedom. By that token any regulated activity is a war on personal freedoms.

if you even bother to read the constitution or know anything at all about the true rule of law, you'll see that personal freedom and personal property is what ALL law is based off of. Laws exist because of personal property, not the other way around

read this, i highly recommend it.
http://books.google.com/books?id=Ph9...ver&dq=the+law
__________________
King of the Jewish Mexicans~
dcd69fcaa20368a784466fac72d70eae [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.

refault can suck my cawk

[QUOTE=JoePits;23000067]when i see 4:20 on the clock to me its gods way of saying "rock on, Joe"[/QUOTE]
Old 12-02-2008, 03:44 PM -lotus- is offline  
Reply With Quote
#649  

g
T00L
stuff and things
 
g's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedoop View Post
1) Why would the FDA have limitations on marijuana? The effects are less than alcohol and 100% less deadly. Also, more potent weed means that you are going to smoke less to get high, not get uber stoned and pass out every time you smoke (and shit, if you did then who cares, you arn't ODing your sleeping). How can you predict how potent commercial weed would be?

2) why are cops and students suddenly stoned all the time? Are they all drunk right now? No one's proposing that everyone should be able to get drugs... only those of age. Getting marijuana in high school was never a problem for anybody. Much easier than alcohol because drug dealers dont' card you! If students were forced to buy through legal means then it'd be on par with obtaining alcohol.


1) Because we read the fucking thread and are talking about the content in it. You are a fucking idiot if you think drug sale volume is decreasing because potency of the drug is increasing. You must smoke a lot of this shit, its the only excuse for the dumb things you are saying.


2) Everyone isnt stoned and drunk all day because its illigal. If you told high schoolers that drugs had a green light on them, highschools would be giant hotboxes. Only those of age? Great, so we have people furnishing not only alcohol to minors but drugs too!

Just because you love smoking pot doesnt mean the world needs to cater to your shitty hobbies.
__________________
t00l
Old 12-02-2008, 04:46 PM g is offline  
Reply With Quote
#650  

g
T00L
stuff and things
 
g's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
wtf are you talking about

You have to be one of the worst posters on this forum. If you think that you have ever said anything that didn't rival the thoughts of an aborted fetus you are sorely mistaken.
__________________
t00l
Old 12-02-2008, 04:49 PM g is offline  
Reply With Quote
#651  

Figment
Boss Fucker
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by -lotus- View Post
if you even bother to read the constitution or know anything at all about the true rule of law, you'll see that personal freedom and personal property is what ALL law is based off of. Laws exist because of personal property, not the other way around

read this, i highly recommend it.
http://books.google.com/books?id=Ph9...ver&dq=the+law

Without going into real depth in the subject all law is based off the social contract between men. Man gives up freedom to gain security, that man is free and chooses to live under the system of law. Personal property historically and today has little to do with the foundation of law as whole.

This Wiki has some pretty good suggestions for the classical readings. There is also some more recent reviews of the literature if you get interested

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_contract
__________________
\\fig\\photographer\\
www.slantphoto.com
5a5bc6ae2f32dc865a9cbc0ec595c88b [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
“Thinking out a plan and ensuring its success is one of the keenest satisfactions for an intelligent man to experience.”
Old 12-02-2008, 04:52 PM Figment is offline  
Reply With Quote
#652  

beedoop
 
You obviously don't smoke. I can't fucking chart it for you but you definitely smoke less of more potent weed then the twigs and grass they were smoking in the 60's.

And the point was that drugs would have the same legality as alcohol. If high school kids aren't drunk off there ass's with the cops then why the fuck do you think they'd be high all day? It would be harder to obtain drugs if they were sold my pharmacists who would...you know....check for ID. Kids dont' need older people to furnish their drugs because they can just buy it themselves now. What part about that dont' you understand?



Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
1) Because we read the fucking thread and are talking about the content in it. You are a fucking idiot if you think drug sale volume is decreasing because potency of the drug is increasing. You must smoke a lot of this shit, its the only excuse for the dumb things you are saying.


2) Everyone isnt stoned and drunk all day because its illigal. If you told high schoolers that drugs had a green light on them, highschools would be giant hotboxes. Only those of age? Great, so we have people furnishing not only alcohol to minors but drugs too!

Just because you love smoking pot doesnt mean the world needs to cater to your shitty hobbies.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:16 PM beedoop is offline  
Reply With Quote
#653  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
1) Because we read the fucking thread and are talking about the content in it. You are a fucking idiot if you think drug sale volume is decreasing because potency of the drug is increasing. You must smoke a lot of this shit, its the only excuse for the dumb things you are saying.

This right here is downright retarded. Increased potency helps solve every disadvantage to marijuana use because it means reduced smoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
2) Everyone isnt stoned and drunk all day because its illigal.

Being drunk all day isn't illegal, yet most people aren't drunk all day because they need to be sober to do their jobs. When a cop repeatedly shows up piss drunk they get suspended and sent to an alcohol abuse program. If that doesn't work they eventually get fired.

On top of that, many of us live in places where it isn't illegal to be stoned all day either. And the social harms you accuse legalization of causing haven't come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
If you told high schoolers that drugs had a green light on them, highschools would be giant hotboxes.

So why don't we see high schools full of kids stumbling around in drunkenness? Your shitty examples have no empirical credibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
Only those of age? Great, so we have people furnishing not only alcohol to minors but drugs too!

Except that it's already infinitely easy for a minor to acquire most drugs. Alcohol is the only one that an access barrier exists for. In the world of harm reduced legalization we would implement barriers like the ones that exist today for alcohol that would be slightly more effective than the status quo, where drug access is unlimited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
Just because you love smoking pot doesnt mean the world needs to cater to your shitty hobbies.

Most of what we're talking about isn't pot anyway dumbass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
You have to be one of the worst posters on this forum. If you think that you have ever said anything that didn't rival the thoughts of an aborted fetus you are sorely mistaken.

Gargle my sack you fat pussy toad.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:21 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#654  

steal
you pick up dog turds? suckers!
 
steal's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
I. Marijuana today is 100x more potent than it was at woodstock.

so people smoked 100 joints to get themselves high?

jesus christ
Old 12-02-2008, 07:36 PM steal is offline  
Reply With Quote
#655  

g
T00L
stuff and things
 
g's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedoop View Post
You obviously don't smoke. I can't fucking chart it for you but you definitely smoke less of more potent weed then the twigs and grass they were smoking in the 60's.

And the point was that drugs would have the same legality as alcohol. If high school kids aren't drunk off there ass's with the cops then why the fuck do you think they'd be high all day? It would be harder to obtain drugs if they were sold my pharmacists who would...you know....check for ID. Kids dont' need older people to furnish their drugs because they can just buy it themselves now. What part about that dont' you understand?

No, I defiantly don't smoke, you are the one that does.

You arnt understanding the issue: Whats worse?
Kids buying drugs illegally, allowing you to punish them and the seller OR Kids buying drugs illegally from those who can legally, allowing you to punish them and the seller?

You just said that FDA wont and shouldn't limit quantity in your last post, your argument for harder to obtain is retarded if you dont limit the initial release of the drug. If they do limit it, people will just grow independently.


Moral of the story; Recreational use of Marajuana yields more complications than benefits to the world. I know the granola munchers of the would think that the only reason drugs are illegal is because the fuckin man is trying to hold them down. Unfortunately, its not that exciting. Its because users become obsessed with the substances and take any required measures to obtain them. In addition, the users under the influence become a danger and burden to society.
__________________
t00l
Old 12-02-2008, 07:42 PM g is offline  
Reply With Quote
#656  

g
T00L
stuff and things
 
g's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steal View Post
so people smoked 100 joints to get themselves high?

jesus christ

wow. just wow.
__________________
t00l
Old 12-02-2008, 07:43 PM g is offline  
Reply With Quote
#657  

g
T00L
stuff and things
 
g's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
This right here is downright retarded. Increased potency helps solve every disadvantage to marijuana use because it means reduced smoke.



Being drunk all day isn't illegal, yet most people aren't drunk all day because they need to be sober to do their jobs. When a cop repeatedly shows up piss drunk they get suspended and sent to an alcohol abuse program. If that doesn't work they eventually get fired.

On top of that, many of us live in places where it isn't illegal to be stoned all day either. And the social harms you accuse legalization of causing haven't come true.



So why don't we see high schools full of kids stumbling around in drunkenness? Your shitty examples have no empirical credibility.



Except that it's already infinitely easy for a minor to acquire most drugs. Alcohol is the only one that an access barrier exists for. In the world of harm reduced legalization we would implement barriers like the ones that exist today for alcohol that would be slightly more effective than the status quo, where drug access is unlimited.



Most of what we're talking about isn't pot anyway dumbass.



Gargle my sack you fat pussy toad.


danmmm, living proof drug abuse leads to brain damage.
__________________
t00l
Old 12-02-2008, 07:46 PM g is offline  
Reply With Quote
#658  

beedoop
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
No, I defiantly don't smoke, you are the one that does.

You arnt understanding the issue: Whats worse?
Kids buying drugs illegally, allowing you to punish them and the seller OR Kids buying drugs illegally from those who can legally, allowing you to punish them and the seller?
Yea those bastards and their victimless crimes SAVE THEM FROM THEMSELVES
Quote:
You just said that FDA wont and shouldn't limit quantity in your last post, your argument for harder to obtain is retarded if you dont limit the initial release of the drug. If they do limit it, people will just grow independently.
I dont' understand.... why would you have to limit the initial release? Why can't we just treat it like alcohol? Its harder to obtain because you have to purchase through legitimate sources that can be held accountable for who they sell to.
Quote:
Unfortunately, its not that exciting. Its because users become obsessed with the substances and take any required measures to obtain them. In addition, the users under the influence become a danger and burden to society.
uhhhh yeah i saw some pot-whores smokin a j off some dudes dick. Desperate bitches! Then they walked around quietly in public burdening everyone with their docile nature while the alcoholics beat their wives.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:06 PM beedoop is offline  
Reply With Quote
#659  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
Moral of the story; Recreational use of Marajuana yields more complications than benefits to the world. I know the granola munchers of the would think that the only reason drugs are illegal is because the fuckin man is trying to hold them down. Unfortunately, its not that exciting. Its because users become obsessed with the substances and take any required measures to obtain them. In addition, the users under the influence become a danger and burden to society.

You don't seem to understand that drug use is inevitable. All the supposed harms you accuse marijuana of creating are only exacerbated and in many cases caused by prohibition. Your understanding of the issue is pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
danmmm, living proof drug abuse leads to brain damage.

You are by far one of the most retarded posters on this forum. It's sad that my drug riddled and damaged brain is still far more capable of processing this argument than you ever could be.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:31 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#660  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:10 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.