General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

MentallyInept
oFFaL owns me, please remind me of this every time I post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote McCain! View Post
The problem I have is with the proliferation of harder drugs like meth. The production of meth not only seriously harms the people that make it, but also the surrounding environment is affected, so it seems like a pretty good reason to clamp down on the stuff. Not only that, but the people that do it are already hopeless addicts who commit tons of property crimes; they need hardcore drug treatment, not a prison where there is little to no treatment for addiction.

Not sure what to say here other than this:

When you make something illegal that is in demand, it simply shifts sale to the black market.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieSheen View Post
Grown men should be able to do whatever the fuck they want with their bodies. If there isnt a ban on white bread, why should there be a ban on heroin

++

Quote:
The problem I have is with the proliferation of harder drugs like meth. The production of meth not only seriously harms the people that make it, but also the surrounding environment is affected, so it seems like a pretty good reason to clamp down on the stuff. Not only that, but the people that do it are already hopeless addicts who commit tons of property crimes; they need hardcore drug treatment, not a prison where there is little to no treatment for addiction.

You have to be on drugs to think thats a rational argument.

People on ludes should not post

Off to treatment you go.

If it is legal then drug companies would be making the drug with all the purity and environmental controls that exist for any of their other products

Vote McCain!
Retardism

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
You have to be on drugs to think thats a rational argument.

are you fucking serious? have you ever even been to a meth house, or even in a neighborhood with a meth house? i think not, since if you had you would know that air around the place smells like drain cleaner, among other chemicals, all the time. And have you ever seen a meth house bust? they have to have guys go in there wearing hazmat suits, because all of the chemicals in the air are strong enough to strip the paint off the wall. If that isn't enough proof for you that manufacture of meth is bad for the surrounding environment, then you are either retarded, or a christian.  What's the difference anyways? 

Quote:
People on ludes should not post

Off to treatment you go.

If it is legal then drug companies would be making the drug with all the purity and environmental controls that exist for any of their other products
You are a fucking retard. Quote for me, right now, where i said that meth should be legalized. Do it NOW. Oh wait, you can't because i never said anything about legalizing hard drugs as a solution.

You need to fucking learn to read before you reply to my posts, because this is the second time I have had to breakdown what i have said just so that I can rebut one of your worthless replies. I never said meth should be legal you nigerian dog fuck. I said that addicts need to be put through a treatment based system, not the traditional one.

skinnymickey

man why is this thread still up everyone knows ganja aint wrong
it doesnt do me right anymore but i dont care if anyone else tokes

it should be legal
it should be taxed

we could focus dea attention to more extreme criminal activities

an employer should still be able to and have the right to making a decision to have drug screenings and rule out people who test positive for THC.

it should be illegal for minors

and yadda yadda yadda

the world would be a better place

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
- Every study you find that suggests that Marijuana has no negative side effects, is less harmful than smoking tobacco, sucking a dick or collecting cans on the freeway... I can find one to counter it.

THEN DO IT, DUMBASS.

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax

Reasons Marijuana should be legal.
1. My mom doesn't approve of my Marijuana smoking, if it was legal maybe! hahahaha

NeoPotency

Legalize marijuana.

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:

Your argument is arbitrary and relies on anecdotes. There's nothing logical or even beneficial about legalizing many drugs but continuing the prohibition of select classes of drugs that you arbitrarily deem too dangerous to be legal.

The problem I have is with the proliferation of cars ...

The problem I have is with the proliferation of orange juice ...

The problem I have is with the proliferation of rubber ...

etc etc etc

skinnymickey

everytime i drop into the pit
i see this at the top of the list

how could people still be debating this

if you get off topic start a new thread

Mightygoatfukker

I think they should make crack leagal too
Pussy purrin' and lookin' so satisfied
Kitty rear up and scratch me through my jeans
Fuck you, Kitty you're gonna to spend the night outside

MentallyInept
oFFaL owns me, please remind me of this every time I post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightygoatfukker View Post
I think they should make crack leagal too

They did in Portugal, and things seem to be working out just fine:

*WARNING: PDF*

Giordano_Bruno

Wow Ron Paul just knocked Steven Baldwin out the box in this debate!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giordano_Bruno View Post
Wow Ron Paul just knocked Steven Baldwin out the box in this debate!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

holy shit, this isn't old at all.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/05/26/under-the-radar/

Quote:
WHEREAS,

The Obama Administration has wisely stopped Federal prosecution of marijuana sold for medical purposes in a manner compliant with state regulation, thus alleviating the suffering of cancer patients and others who would benefit from medical marijuana.

Only thirteen states regulate the sale of marijuana for medical purposes.

Criminalization of non-medical uses of marijuana continues to contribute needlessly to organized crime at home and abroad, illicit drug trade, overburdening of the criminal justice system, and diverts valuable criminal justice resources away from more serious crimes.

The Latin American Commission on Drugs and Democracy heavily criticized U.S. drug policy and called on the U.S. to decriminalize marijuana in a report coinciding with increased drug-trade violence in Mexico;

The dominant argument against liberalized marijuana regulation, the gateway theory, has been consistently disproven, most recently by a RAND Corporation study commissioned by the British Parliament;

According to a World Health Organization survey conducted in 2008, the United States of America has the highest rates of marijuana use in the world.

In the Netherlands, where adult possession and purchase of small amounts of marijuana are allowed under a regulated system, the rate of marijuana use by both teenagers and adults is lower than in the U.S.

55% of Americans believe possession of small amounts of marijuana should not be a criminal offense, according to a 2005 Gallup poll.

In the U.S., almost 90% of more than 9.5 million marijuana-related arrests since 1995 were for simple possession – not manufacture or distribution.

BE IT RESOLVED THAT

We praise the Obama administration for its bold step to make marijuana available for medical purposes,

We call upon states that do not yet provide the reasonable regulation of medical marijuana to do so as soon as possible, to alleviate suffering wherever possible.

We recommend replacing the current policy of marijuana prohibition with a taxed and regulated system modeled on how alcohol is treated in the U.S.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

BREAKING NEWS! UNODC ADMITS DRUG WAR FAILURE:

Quote:
The system of international drug control has produced several unintended consequences, the most formidable of which is the creation of a lucrative black market for drugs and the violence and corruption it generates.
-- The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, World Drug Report 2009

http://www.unodc.org/documents/wdr/W...ary_LO-RES.pdf

Quote:
The most serious issue concerns organized crime. All market activity controlled by the authority generates parallel, illegal transactions, as stated above. Inevitably, drug controls have generated a criminal market of macro- economic dimensions that uses violence and corruption to mediate between demand and supply. Legalize drugs, and organized crime will lose its most profitable line of activity, critics therefore say.

[...]

Having started this drugs/crime debate, and having pondered it extensively, we have concluded that these drug-related, organized crime arguments are valid. They must be addressed.
My God, they actually realize they are the ones causing the problem! But do they follow that idea through? Nope.

Quote:
Of late, there has been a limited but growing chorus among politicians, the press, and even in public opinion saying: drug control is not working. The broadcasting volume is still rising and the message spreading.

Much of this public debate is characterized by sweeping generalizations and simplistic solutions. Yet, the very heart of the discussion underlines the need to evaluate the effectiveness of the current approach. Having studied the issue on the basis of our data, UNODC has concluded that, while changes are needed, they should be in favour of different means to protect society against drugs, rather than by pursuing the different goal of abandoning such protection.
Do go on...

Quote:
I urge governments to recalibrate the policy mix, without delay, in the direction of more controls on crime, without fewer controls on drugs. In other words, while the crime argument is right, the conclusions reached by its proponents are flawed.
So prohibition causes crime but we shouldn't legalize drugs and stop generating crime, we should just focus on all the crime we are generating... Brilliant.

Legalizing might take away a valuable profit stream that criminal enterprise relies on and we don't want that. Why don't you put the icing on the cake for us there sparky?

Quote:
To conclude, transnational organized crime will never be stopped by drug legalization. Mafias coffers are equally nourished by the trafficking of arms, people and their organs, by counterfeiting and smuggling, racketeering and loan-sharking, kidnapping and piracy, and by violence against the environment (illegal logging, dumping of toxic waste, etc). The drug/crime trade-off argument, debated above, is no other than the pursuit of the old drug legalization agenda, persistently advocated by the pro-drug-lobby (Note that the partisans of this argument would not extend it to guns whose control -- they say -- should actually be enforced and extended: namely, no to guns, yes to drugs).
No, they wouldn't be wiped out overnight. But we would remove their largest revenue stream while allowing us to redirect our law enforcement resources at "the trafficking of arms, people and their organs, counterfeiting and smuggling, racketeering and loan-sharking, kidnapping and piracy, and violence against the environment".

And we are the anti-prohibition movement, not the pro-drug movement, dick. And a lot of us don't want more gun control either because we like, how you say, FREEDOM, you dumb bastard. Yes to guns and drugs, no to prohibition.

http://transform-drugs.blogspot.com/...admits-it.html

Last edited by pyramid; 06-25-2009 at 05:17 PM..