General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

yeahhh... removed the front plate just a few minutes ago.

There are a lot of battle scars from the plate holder. deposits of black plastic, bizarrely there are what look like "rust stains" presumably from the screws that were on there although they didn't seem to be rusted...Gonna need to clay bar it and that'll probably only eliminate some of the shit thats caked on there.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

man i gotta touch up that front bumper its scuffed up pretty badly... will have to get a can of whatever silver this is mixed up

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)

Looks good. Are you going to accent any other parts black like the sideview mirrors?
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWhoKnows View Post
Looks good. Are you going to accent any other parts black like the sideview mirrors?

My friend recommended that... I'll think about it.

Those side reflectors absolutely NEED to be replaced with clear ones and then tinted black ASAP

mikeawesome
Baloneyflaps is my lord. I have asked him into my heart.

you should just get rid of the side reflectors completely and fill iin the holes

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

RIP ///M Roadster:

heater temperature is about 60 or 75% as hot as it is in other cars I've had. Shop I just spoke to says not to be alarmed, it's probably not a clogged heater core. He said the heater core is actually at the top of the cooling loop which is definitely strange, that gasses or air will collect there if the system isn't properly bled.

The boards are a lot more doom and gloom about it, they're saying everything between eh replace t-stat no big deal all the way up to "clogged heater core"

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeawesome View Post
you should just get rid of the side reflectors completely and fill iin the holes

I was actually thinking about ninjaing that in to my post

we'll see how close Napa comes to matching this paint

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
RIP ///M Roadster:

heater temperature is about 60 or 75% as hot as it is in other cars I've had. Shop I just spoke to says not to be alarmed, it's probably not a clogged heater core. He said the heater core is actually at the top of the cooling loop which is definitely strange, that gasses or air will collect there if the system isn't properly bled.

The boards are a lot more doom and gloom about it, they're saying everything between eh replace t-stat no big deal all the way up to "clogged heater core"

Just drive it at high RPMs. I'm sure that'll clear things up.
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

pssh it gets an italian tune up every time i drive it

Cody
User Deleted

the gfx is too high for cholo ghettoraid confirmed for cracker

[QUOTE=The Unflushable Turd;25485427]Also maybe its because i'm a piece of shit and i don't deserve happiness or whatever balalalal hueuheuhuehueuheuhuehue[/QUOTE]

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)

Quote:
pssh it gets an italian tune up every time i drive it

That's the way to do it

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
RIP ///M Roadster:

Not clogged imo, what's the coolant look like?

Usually this means it hasn't been bled correctly. Just put the heat on full, open the rd cap, and run the motor at 2.5k rpm until water pours out of the rad. Then shut it down, cap it off, and top off the res once it's cold.

Is it cold up there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWhoKnows View Post

I'd try photoshop first imo it won't be that great if done well, not to mention poor quality of finish

Cody
User Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
I'd try photoshop first imo it won't be that great if done well, not to mention poor quality of finish

he could just get them wrapped with vinyl.

[QUOTE=The Unflushable Turd;25485427]Also maybe its because i'm a piece of shit and i don't deserve happiness or whatever balalalal hueuheuhuehueuheuhuehue[/QUOTE]

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
Not clogged imo, what's the coolant look like?

Usually this means it hasn't been bled correctly. Just put the heat on full, open the rd cap, and run the motor at 2.5k rpm until water pours out of the rad. Then shut it down, cap it off, and top off the res once it's cold.

Is it cold up there?

it was cold last night, this was my first time ever using the heater.

Some people on the boards did recommend jacking the car up slightly and burping it.