General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Typhoon43

My CTo got an Alpha invite as has been playing. He said the graphics are just insane.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoon43 View Post
My CTo got an Alpha invite as has been playing. He said the graphics are just insane.
Yeah, if you have the hardware to push it along at DX10 or DX11, it looks godly, but I saw a lot of people noting that DX9 was glitchy as hell in the alpha. I'm sure it will get ironed out, but I'm definitely aiming for a DX11 rig specifically for BF3.

Stealth

If i'm able to run crysis well on my current rig, what are the chances I'll be able to run BF3?

lonedawg
Stiler

I thought EA said BF3 was DX11 only for pc?

Forever Domon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
If i'm able to run crysis well on my current rig, what are the chances I'll be able to run BF3?
considering crysis is a 4.5 year old shittily optimized game, there really is no relevance.

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF Blog
Compared to both Battlefield 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2, there is a larger focus in Battlefield 3 on authenticity and real life handling. This comes down to details like reloads, mobility, bullet trajectories, and even how the caliber and barrel length of a gun determines muzzle velocity and energy.
God, yes. Considering how many options you can change on each gun, I hope they pay attention during the beta.

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Compared to both Battlefield 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2, there is a larger focus in Battlefield 3 on authenticity and real life handling. This comes down to details like reloads, mobility, bullet trajectories, and even how the caliber and barrel length of a gun determines muzzle velocity and energy.
God, yes. I enjoy BF games for the "choose your own adventure" arcadey, sandbox gameplay, but adding little details can't hurt, in my opinion.

Quote:
The arsenals of U.S. Marine Corps and the Russian Army are both featured prominently in the game, since those are the sides you play in both single and multiplayer.
I was under the impression that, in at least SP, the side opposite the US would be another well-equipped durka army (a la BF2), but I guess that isn't the case.

?psalus
Apsalus

"Fact sheet" that popped up a while ago and has since been outdated a bit:

And it wasn't labelled as such, but the layout of this map looks like a 32 or 16 player version of Caspian Border. There's nothing in the RUS spawn, but in the US side, I count 3x M1A2's, 3x M1161's, 1x UH-1Y and 1x A-10.

Last edited by Apsalus; 08-21-2011 at 07:12 AM..

Seikan

sooo stoked. mmmph, so sexy. can't wait for the fucking games coming out in the next 6 months. skyrim, BF3, MW3(idk if ill give a shit) D3 possibly, the list goes on

Syk0tiK
Mongoloidal cunt of Lindsay Lohan proportions who can't fathom the rules. <3 Sarah

BF2142 > Any other battlefield game.

Im not even going to try BF3 because BF2 sucked.

As soon as they come out with a successor to BF2142 i will be all over it.

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syk0tiK View Post
BF2142 > Any other battlefield game.

Im not even going to try BF3 because BF2 sucked.

As soon as they come out with a successor to BF2142 i will be all over it.
You won't be missed.

Forever Domon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalus View Post
You won't be missed.
this, bf2142 attracted all the kiddies and was just annoying.

TUT RAGE!!!

dam hope this shit can run on my laptop but its still a noob game, crosshairs and all that other unrealistic shit, whats the point of making games look that good if you skimp out on the realism and make it play like counter strike... i guess its what the kids want, making it harder would make them cry.

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
this, bf2142 attracted all the kiddies and was just annoying.
2142 was great fun. I was especially fond of raping the opposing team with a gunship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!! View Post
dam hope this shit can run on my laptop but its still a noob game, crosshairs and all that other unrealistic shit, whats the point of making games look that good if you skimp out on the realism and make it play like counter strike... i guess its what the kids want, making it harder would make them cry.
Play Operation Flashpoint instead? The whole point of the BF games has always been an accessible, sandbox experience.

5ive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!! View Post

BORKED
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective