General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Bill

Reminder: zip your WTF and Interface folders and throw it on Dropbox.

edit:

My one week mark:

edit2:

Proof 77-79 greens do sell for retarded prices

(That glyph of evasion cost 11g to craft.)

Last edited by Bill; 09-12-2011 at 08:13 AM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Vandal

Resubbed my DK account on Gurubashi, it's workin' out pretty good.

Since Vanilla I haven't had this much fun with WoW. I am working at achievements, trying to get Archaeology up, get some classic mounts and etc, loving every minute of it. And the grind from 80-85 took like two days of not-so power leveling.

It's pretty easy (as plate) to get a started PvP set going, as I had a guildie make me the bloodthirsty set for 750G, then just honour farmed some of the Vicious stuff. Now I'm rolling in mostly gladiator gear, but I still need to work on Arenas. Arenas is one of the areas of PvP that I can see being extremely difficult if you're not able to pick up habits FAST, and mouse-clicking abilities = very bad.

Condoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
Resubbed my DK account on Gurubashi, it's workin' out pretty good.

Since Vanilla I haven't had this much fun with WoW. I am working at achievements, trying to get Archaeology up, get some classic mounts and etc, loving every minute of it. And the grind from 80-85 took like two days of not-so power leveling.

It's pretty easy (as plate) to get a started PvP set going, as I had a guildie make me the bloodthirsty set for 750G, then just honour farmed some of the Vicious stuff. Now I'm rolling in mostly gladiator gear, but I still need to work on Arenas. Arenas is one of the areas of PvP that I can see being extremely difficult if you're not able to pick up habits FAST, and mouse-clicking abilities = very bad.

If you're a casual player, this expansion is pretty amazing right now.

For hardcore raiders, you're either totally finished, or on the rag. Which isn't much fun.

MLloyd
pwned

So is getting the most recent expansion worth it? I'm undecided!

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Just got an email from blizzard for a receipt saying my character transfer was successful on my lvl 80 ret pally.... problem is, I never requested a transfer, and the last 4 digits of the card listed on the receipt don't even belong to any card of mine.......

they took 4000gold and a bunch of gear. I submitted a ticket. Anybody had this happen to them?

i could care less about the gold... i do, however, want my toon transferred back to it's original realm

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLloyd View Post
So is getting the most recent expansion worth it? I'm undecided!

I think its the worst rendition of wow thus far. Gold is trivial. Its so easy to make there's no point in doing so. There's nothing to spend it on. You'll never run a non za/zg five man unless its for achievements. Raids are ridiculously easy with firelands being the only dynamic one... which focuses more on your ability to see fire in a red brown and orange instance and dodge it than your ability to use your abilities. After you hit valor cap for the week there's zero reason to log in at all outside of pvp. And you can hit it on tuesday . The new quests are forced and even more redudant than ever before. Firelands dailies are forced and a gankfest. They just hand shit out now like its candy. I felt like I had nothing to do after a month at 85. I've played since a month after release.

Condoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcric View Post
I think its the worst rendition of wow thus far. Gold is trivial. Its so easy to make there's no point in doing so. There's nothing to spend it on. You'll never run a non za/zg five man unless its for achievements. Raids are ridiculously easy with firelands being the only dynamic one... which focuses more on your ability to see fire in a red brown and orange instance and dodge it than your ability to use your abilities. After you hit valor cap for the week there's zero reason to log in at all outside of pvp. And you can hit it on tuesday . The new quests are forced and even more redudant than ever before. Firelands dailies are forced and a gankfest. They just hand shit out now like its candy. I felt like I had nothing to do after a month at 85. I've played since a month after release.

I get the feeling you haven't done a single heroic raid.

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet

H
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoner View Post
I get the feeling you haven't done a single heroic raid.

You would be wrong. And that brings up another point. Their solution was not new and engaging content. It was simply to make that content have two difficulties and to have ten and twenty five man versions. That's pretty god damned boring and was boring in wrath when it was first being tried.

Oh. And since he's most likely going to play casually he'll never see a heroic raid so its of no consequence in this discussion as he'd be stuck with whatever he can do outside of that environment. Which isn't much.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

So did I discover something new here? I know I've never seen it done before.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

warning may want to muuuute!!

Condoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post

He's probably a better player than you.

Vandal

Quote:
H

You would be wrong. And that brings up another point. Their solution was not new and engaging content. It was simply to make that content have two difficulties and to have ten and twenty five man versions. That's pretty god damned boring and was boring in wrath when it was first being tried.

Oh. And since he's most likely going to play casually he'll never see a heroic raid so its of no consequence in this discussion as he'd be stuck with whatever he can do outside of that environment. Which isn't much.

I don't really want to do heroics anyway, aside from a few for achievements, mounts etc. Mostly just looking to PvP. I did my time raiding in Vanilla and I'm trying to stay away from it for now.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoner View Post
He's probably a better player than you.

Well you'll never know for sure, you'll just go on assuming that I'm a shit player without any form of verification.

Bill

Quote:
Gold is trivial. Its so easy to make there's no point in doing so. There's nothing to spend it on.

wat.

You can gear out an alt to be a pretty cool dude with 100k gold and a couple za/zg runs.

Bill

Cool, thanks for that.