General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwiber View Post
Dumb as you like. It works.

Has for me since BETA.

And every single person I know IRL who has played (admittedly.. that's like 5 others) has been hacked. I have not.

Must be doing something right.

Bullet-proof science in this thread.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

gwiber

QQ'ing because its worked? And you don't like it?

G-Daddy
I love my mother. No, I REALLY love her. In the butt.

1ccff0ae11de8623189c9693877fcddf

spoon
KangarooMolester
Kiddie Corral Material

TheDude's Adopted 18k

Myndal is my Adopted 25k

- Proud to be an :18k: -

Vandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangarooMolester View Post

buydiablo3

You’ll find a lot of questions going around concerning the new, yet to become released, laptop or computer game from Blizzard Entertainment recognized as Diablo III. We thought we would take several minutes and make an effort to answer a number of the most common concerns.
Diablo III farmers will preserve the next predictable pattern:
1. Farm probably the most profitable gold each hour approach on end. Whether or not this be for products or gold itself.
2. Finish their farming at regarding the identical time every single day.
3. Post their items/gold as cheaply as you possibly can in order to get their dollars and fulfill their shift’s quota.

G-Daddy
I love my mother. No, I REALLY love her. In the butt.

WHAT THE FUCK
1ccff0ae11de8623189c9693877fcddf

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by buydiablo3 View Post
You’ll find a lot of questions going around concerning the new, yet to become released, laptop or computer game from Blizzard Entertainment recognized as Diablo III.

Thanks for the info. This really clears some things up.

Context: agi/stam 353 1h drops from a troll instance. I'm using a 2h 333 blue but have a direbrew shanker (365 agi/stam 1h.) Druid healer rolls on it for feral.

Snatch list went nuts. Guess some chinese farmers were having an undercut war. I won't complain!

Protip of the day, you can use /framestack to get the name of any button, then make a macro "/click ButtonName" that will trigger that button. Then you can optionally press that macro/button a zillion times with a generic AHK script that spams a button for you. A macro can have multiple /click lines, if a button isn't available the game will ignore the /click command. I just hold down E and it spams Accept/Post many times a second and it saves me clicking hundreds of times due to the new AH API restrictions

If you're not into AHK, you can use TSM's method and bind the macro to something like alt-scrollwheelup and alt-scrollwheeldown and just spin the wheel up and down. This works great assuming the game can accept/queue ~150 commands instantly. Otherwise it gets a little annoying (my mouse doesn't have a free-spinning wheel; Auctioneer has a pause between accepting Bids when there is a different seller from the last auction you bid on.)

Final anecdote:

I was in another troll instance on my hunter. Averaging ~18k for the run. Had a fire mage pulling 8k and a warrior doing about 10k. The tank was sporting stam gems and double direbrew stam trinkets and the healer was OOMing. (I would have left for a new group but the queue times were abnormally long. ) We get to the shadow priest/panther boss. Pally has been running Ret aura all run. (No stoneskin totem or armor buff.)

I say this, I believe an exact quote (wish I screencapped it):

"Resistance aura please"
"It helps for this fight "

I wasn't hostile, I wasn't being snide, I wasn't being obscene, I wasn't trolling groups like I usually do. I even used a fucking smiley face so the brevity wouldn't be taken as barking orders. I just wanted to get my JP so I was being quiet that run and only offered this to prevent 25% of the damage to the party.

There is nothing for 20 seconds. Then I'm kicked from the group. I've never been so dumbfounded in my life. I can't even fathom what possibly went through their heads as one person initiated the kick and three other people thought it was a great idea.

LOLWOW.

edit3/last protip
If you're an enchanter and your guild has Bountiful Bags, never roll DE in instances. Roll greed, DE yourself, and you have a ~15%(?) chance at getting an extra crystal/shard.

Last edited by Bill; 10-04-2011 at 07:21 AM..

Condoner

I've been kicked before for doing too much dps.

Sabbster]#
I have a huge penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoner View Post
I've been kicked before for doing too much dps.

Probably because you were being a nuisance and not giving a shit about your threat. I've had that happen to me on several occasions during wrath. A couple of times it was because the tank wasn't adequately geared to maintain enough threat and as a result, every little thing I did pulled aggro (this was when Assassination was OP as fuck), and a couple of other times I was just being an ass (most likely due to being drunk).

Bill

Occasionally I forget to MD before pulling with Aimed Shot. And that silly talent that gives me a zillion % crit when the mob is above 90% Or I hit MD when I'm on GCD from traps or something so it doesn't actually go off.

Tank panics and taunts the wrong mob, the rest of the DPS opens up on something else, its good times for everyone

I really need to add a poweraura alert for when MD is up

Bill

DK bank alt. Haven't played him since 4.0. Full PvP BLUES (352) and two Tankards.

I join a troll run. Immediately get called a fucking idiot, told to get out, etc. etc.

We go, I'm #1 on DPS on trash. Beating a 367 rogue and some arcane mage all over the place on the single target trash. First boss fight, I come in 1% below the #1 arcane mage, and beat the rogue. Second boss fight, same thing. I should be pulling AT LEAST 20k according to my party so clearly I suck. (Highest in the party is 17k.)

I get kicked because my DPS sucks

So of course, overall damage? I'm #3, TWO PERCENT behind #1. And I didn't use the Frost Cauldrons. Those were both in the top-3-dps-abilities of the two people "beating me in DPS."

Icing on the cake was that I was briefly guilded with two of them (they didn't know it was me) but left guild because they were fucking terrible. They are still farming FL trash.. post nerf

LOLWOW.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
DK bank alt. Haven't played him since 4.0. Full PvP BLUES (352) and two Tankards.

I join a troll run. Immediately get called a fucking idiot, told to get out, etc. etc.

We go, I'm #1 on DPS on trash. Beating a 367 rogue and some arcane mage all over the place on the single target trash. First boss fight, I come in 1% below the #1 arcane mage, and beat the rogue. Second boss fight, same thing. I should be pulling AT LEAST 20k according to my party so clearly I suck. (Highest in the party is 17k.)

I get kicked because my DPS sucks

So of course, overall damage? I'm #3, TWO PERCENT behind #1. And I didn't use the Frost Cauldrons. Those were both in the top-3-dps-abilities of the two people "beating me in DPS."

Icing on the cake was that I was briefly guilded with two of them (they didn't know it was me) but left guild because they were fucking terrible. They are still farming FL trash.. post nerf

LOLWOW.

Oh come on you've got gold at least buy some Gurubashi Punishers FFS you wouldn't get wrongly lol'ed out of the group.

On another topic, I'm getting burned out on glyphs... My main competition seems to be crafting additional glyphs and undercutting me (and himself) about every five hours.

So I'm stuck in this game of logging on every six hours and relisting just to make a go of it. For the first hour and a half following my undercut I do sell between 8 and 12 glyphs, so it's worth it, and it's not like listing glyphs is expensive, it's just taxing on my sanity.

Is there a way to configure a custom automatic search that looks specifically at glyphs, nothing else? It would be nice if I didn't have to stare at paint drying *auctioneer scanning* the full auction house for 10 minutes every time I relist. I guess I could just punch in "glyph of" into the search bar and leave it at that.

Bill Brasky
He killed Wolfman Jack with a trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Is there a way to configure a custom automatic search that looks specifically at glyphs, nothing else? It would be nice if I didn't have to stare at paint drying *auctioneer scanning* the full auction house for 10 minutes every time I relist. I guess I could just punch in "glyph of" into the search bar and leave it at that.

I haven't played for 2 years and I still remember how to do this.

You're worse than I thought.

I'm a Son of a Bitch and you fucking love me for it.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post

I haven't played for 2 years and I still remember how to do this.

You're worse than I thought.

How does your "remembering" how to do it make me a shit player?

This shit talking doesn't even make sense any more...