General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Dinosaur
 
getting your ex back ?

I broke up with my ex a few months ago but we still remained friends and talked as if we still cared about each other. I felt like she was leading me on so I took off and let her be but every time I did this . . she would get mad or start texting/talking to me because I knew she felt that I was ignoring her.

it got to the point where we completely broke of all contact and had lots of fights and arguments (weren't even dating at this time). I feel like she may think I become all needy and clingy to her (makes me feel like an idiot) when what I wanted is to see her considering she wouldn't let me go when I tried to leave her be.

haven't spoken to her in about 2 weeks, it's not really killing me but I still think about her. I don't know if it would be a good idea to try and talk to her . . . she might even be with someone else or want nothing to do with me. I just know that to think back at how things were . . . they were great and we both know it, but clearly things are different now . . . . out of experience would you guys recommend trying to talk to her or to just let it all go ? we ended in bad terms, big fight . . .lots of cursing/yelling at each other. I am not looking to get back with her, but to at least be friends/neutral with her. I feel bad for the fights, and willing to make it better but keep on questioning if there is even a point.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:17 PM Dinosaur is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Enygma
 
don't do it! it's a trap!
__________________
It is too difficult to think nobly when one thinks only of earning a living. ~ Jean Jacques Rousseau

this sig for sale, PM for details.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:19 PM Enygma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

unknown00
 
you can be friends with her as long as you don't have any emotional attachment and you do. continue the no contact until you couldn't give a shit whether you 2 are in talking terms or not
__________________
www.DJv2.com
Old 07-28-2008, 03:22 PM unknown00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

ricalo suarvalez
 
As a general rule, it's not the best of ideas. Relationships end for a reason, and rarely is it the reason that surfaces as most obvious.

Besides, i think you need to really think about it and figure out what your goal is here - I say this because what your say in the subject and what you say in the post contradict each other.

If she feels that you were clingy, seeking her out to clarify things and make them "neutral" will only serve to confirm her view, regardless of what your intent is.
__________________
b0e1ec8db281d1771bfbf2ea63be0f7d
Old 07-28-2008, 03:22 PM ricalo suarvalez is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

Dinosaur
 
haha yea maybe . . . . I feel like I might end up trying to be nice and she'll just end up being a bitch about it. I wouldn't be hurt by it, but I would at least know I tried to make things better.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:23 PM Dinosaur is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

unknown00
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaur View Post
haha yea maybe . . . . I feel like I might end up trying to be nice and she'll just end up being a bitch about it. I wouldn't be hurt by it, but I would at least know I tried to make things better.
liar! if you wouldn't be hurt by it you wouldn't be making this thread! we've all been there man
__________________
www.DJv2.com
Old 07-28-2008, 03:24 PM unknown00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

Dinosaur
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post
you can be friends with her as long as you don't have any emotional attachment and you do. continue the no contact until you couldn't give a shit whether you 2 are in talking terms or not

I care about her yes. but no I am not attached. I think this would be killing me if I was attached, I am simply in the state of mind of weather to make an effort to work things out with this girl or to just let it all go on bad terms. I have also thought to not talk to her up until I don't care but then all these thoughts, this thread would be pointless and I'll probably not even think of her anymore. who knows.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:28 PM Dinosaur is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

Dinosaur
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post
liar! if you wouldn't be hurt by it you wouldn't be making this thread! we've all been there man

lol jokes, hurt ? naw no way man . . . I am not saying it wouldn't effect me at all though. the worse that could happen is me realize I wasted time and to just fuck it, no hard feelings. trust me It wouldn't hurt me.

the hurt already passed, took me a while to get over it . .month or 2. and that was when we broke up but like I said we kept in contact as if we still had feelings and I tried to move on but she wouldn't let me and then fights started etc. and lead to this.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:29 PM Dinosaur is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

Dinosaur
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricalo suarvalez View Post
As a general rule, it's not the best of ideas. Relationships end for a reason, and rarely is it the reason that surfaces as most obvious.

Besides, i think you need to really think about it and figure out what your goal is here - I say this because what your say in the subject and what you say in the post contradict each other.

If she feels that you were clingy, seeking her out to clarify things and make them "neutral" will only serve to confirm her view, regardless of what your intent is.

yea I agree with this 100%. I'll just let it go for my own good then. thank you all !

and about the thread title ... I just put w/e came to mind first, my goal is to just be friends with her . .weather or not we talk but I guess that sounds stupid now that I think about it.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:34 PM Dinosaur is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:46 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.