General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

RikkiFrau

I agree with most of what is being said here. I went through some bad times about a couple years ago, I was already having some issues and it completely rocked my world.

It all started going down hill for us about a year and a half in, he joined the Marines without telling me until after he did it. I convinced myself that I was ok with it and went on. We were together a few more months, but things were just going badly. He wouldn't come over to my house, I had to go to see him. I finally approached him about it, asking him what he wanted, he said he didn't know, so I told him he better figure it out and hung up on him. A week went by without us talking and I finally found him right after he got off work Saturday and we broke it off. We both realized it wouldn't work. We tried staying friends and it worked, it was kinda akward at first, but I know that isn't for everyone. We're still good friends and I'm looking foreward to seeing him on leave at Christmas.

Since then I have moved on, dated a few people and found someone that I realize after looking back that I really do love and loves me, it takes time, and there is a lot of hurt, but a good thing to remember is that you're young and there is so many things you havn't experienced yet. I'm only 22 but I got quite jaded over the years because of a tough life. I found love in a place I never expected, with an old friend I hadn't seen in years. We liked each other back years ago, but not in that way. The age difference at the time was too great (I was 15 and he was 22) but things change, We both matured and it was a surprise, niether of us were looking to get together, but now I'm 22 and he's 30, and ta da, here we are.

Good things come to those who wait sometimes. Just give it time, try not to dwell, it only makes the hurt worse.

"It is possible to nail jello to a tree, you've just got to hammer the nail gently through the plastic cup."

Last edited by RikkiFrau; 07-22-2008 at 02:09 AM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

RikkiFrau

Oh yeah found out later the Marine wanted an ex back after we split. She screwed him over royally. Now he's jealous and regrets how he treated me.

"It is possible to nail jello to a tree, you've just got to hammer the nail gently through the plastic cup."

Captain

move to colorado and ask for her hand...

love only happens once in a lifetime good sir
STRAIGHT UP 39TH STREET NIGGAH ALWAYS BALLIN ALWAYS HUSTLIN' 394L NEVER FRONTIN NEVER HATIN #55

"If getting a raging hard-on for this is wrong, I don't want to be right."

sir tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post

i'm guessing you've never been in a serious relationship, or married the first girl you met. this is terrible advice

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post

Uhhh... you think if she wanted to be with him she would have dumped him and moved several states away?

This is the worst advice I've ever read. Ever. Do you really think that's a good idea?

Veryth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir tex View Post
She wants to keep in contact with you because you are easily used as an emotional tampon, and if the guy she has in CO doesn't work out, she can swing right back onto the branch she was on before.

Don't let her.

QFT!

My ex-girlfriend did this to me. A good friend of mine's ex-girlfriend did this to him. The moment the other relationship is a "done deal" she'll tell you how horrible you are and that she never wants to speak to you again.

RikkiFrau

Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
Uhhh... you think if she wanted to be with him she would have dumped him and moved several states away?

This is the worst advice I've ever read. Ever. Do you really think that's a good idea?

Agreed.

Loganbox

Here's something I've found out about people, but women in particular. Unless they have experience in dating or relationships in general, they aren't very good at communicating what they're feeling or about how they think things are going between you. Most women will hint at something that is bothering them, but in a vague way so that us dumb guys would never pick up on it. Of course, it's not really our fault if they don't communicate what they're feeling directly. Once they have their mind on the fact that they're not happy and want to get out of a relationship, it's damn near impossible to save it, no matter you do.

Basically, she most likely did it to find an easy way out of a situation that she didn't even know how to begin to fix.