General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

gwiber

USB to TV for video

On a slightly more serious than usual note.

I have a 47inch TV, that has a USB slot on the back. But it only accepts sticks with firmware update materials

I already have a Roku box. But it is being connected to a different TV, and I have a blue ray player that CAN read USB sticks to play Video. But that too is hooked to a separate TV.,

All I really want. Is a USB hub of some sort, that will hook to HDMI and then to a TV. If it had card readers in it, that'd be nice too. Basically just something to ready flash storage to a TV for pictures and video. I don't need it for streaming anything in particular. I have other stuff that can do that. (Donít need a chromecast or Apple TV for instance)

Any ideas?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Triple B

USB to HDMI?

gwiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
USB to HDMI?

Ignoring the rest of the retards.

Yes that would be good. Preferable.

Just some external source to allow me to use Non-optical media storage devices to view video files of varying types on television.

I have half a dozen DVD/Blu Ray players for the Optical media and a Roku box and PC's for streaming.

Typhoon43

You're asking for a laptop basically. USB to video requires something to process the video. USB is data transfer standard. HDMI is a video transfer standard. This you need an encoder/decoder piece in the middle. Western Digital LIVE boxes get rave reviews for the price.

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Media-Pla...e+media+player

lol

who delete my post?

as i said

fucking google it

https://encrypted.google.com/search?...sb%20to%20hdmi

EDIT: Your "LINK" is a generic search for USB to HDMI and revolves around USB VIDEO CARDS. This isn't what the OP is asking for.
gg

Last edited by Typhoon43; 12-02-2014 at 08:24 AM..

lol

Quote:
I have a 47inch TV, that has a USB slot on the back. But it only accepts sticks with firmware update materials
okay.

Quote:
I already have a Roku box. But it is being connected to a different TV, and I have a blue ray player that CAN read USB sticks to play Video. But that too is hooked to a separate TV.,
irrelevant information

Quote:
All I really want. Is a USB hub of some sort, that will hook to HDMI and then to a TV. If it had card readers in it, that'd be nice too.
click the google link

lol

EDIT: Your "LINK" is a generic search for USB to HDMI and revolves around USB VIDEO CARDS. This isn't what the OP is asking for.
gg
Last edited by Typhoon43; Today at 10:24 AM..

why don't you just make a post dude

gwiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon43 View Post
You're asking for a laptop basically. USB to video requires something to process the video. USB is data transfer standard. HDMI is a video transfer standard. This you need an encoder/decoder piece in the middle. Western Digital LIVE boxes get rave reviews for the price.

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Media-Pla...e+media+player

Damn, I was hoping to avoid something like this, its more or less a form factor like a Roku box.

And it does seem likely there would be some kind of Codec required to read the USB stored Media files.

Typhoon43

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwiber View Post
Damn, I was hoping to avoid something like this, its more or less a form factor like a Roku box.

And it does seem likely there would be some kind of Codec required to read the USB stored Media files.

Well for 70 bux you can do the WD and velcro it on the back of your TV near the edge, Then you can plug your thumbdrives, sd cards, or transfer the files over to the unit. Supposedly they play pretty much anything. Lots of people wiring them into their cars.

Triple B

did you check newegg for "usb to hdmi adapter"?

gwiber

I suspect that previous posts (that weren't junk) :May be right. Just because there is an adapter there, doesn't mean it will play the files on the memory stick. Not without some sort of program.

However, I could be entirely wrong on this matter.

topcat989