General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Artesial
 
You're coming off as a pretentious dick which is why I stopped responding to your troll bait.

Anyways hopefully back on topic now, Konas are hit or miss for me, the main one I like by them is the Koko Brown Ale.
Widmer is a pretty good brewery out of Portland, OR. I like their IPAs and seasonal brews a lot. There's a couple bars around here (Orlando, FL) that have 3 - 4 of theirs on tap year round.

Last edited by Artesial; 11-01-2012 at 11:07 AM..
Old 11-01-2012, 11:02 AM Artesial is offline  
Reply With Quote
#61  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Artesial
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFarber View Post
I would like to try beer that is unpasteurized. I had one of those Abby (Chimay- probably considered a joke but there isn't much variety where I went) beers once and it was fantastic. I had it again and it was not so good. I suspect it was not stored properly or wasn't fresh.

I can't imagine how pasteurization doesn't destroy most of the goodness in a beer.

Yeah you probably had a bad batch because I love myself Chimay or any Trappist monk beer. Good examples of Belgian brewing.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:09 AM Artesial is offline  
Reply With Quote
#62  

Blaze
I belong to the IMNobody clique.
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
http://jarticle.hubpages.com/hub/Unpasteurized_Beers

(scroll down for listing)

Pyramid, Widmer and Kona come to mind, pretty commonly found in supermarkets. Speaking of that Kona Lager is way delicious. I can have like five right now...


I love live beer. Don't you have a brewery nearby?

I love your knowledge base, but what the fuck are with your examples...
__________________
1.61803399

Proud Member of the [M] Seattle Krewe

<3
Old 11-01-2012, 03:03 PM Blaze is offline  
Reply With Quote
#63  

Artesial
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
I love your knowledge base, but what the fuck are with your examples...

I was thinking the same thing, he comes off as higher than though yet his examples are decent to mediocre beers at best. All of them are at most an 80 on BeerAdvocate but the "tastes like shit" IPAs, stouts, and ales get in the 90s on rankings, hmmm....
Old 11-01-2012, 03:56 PM Artesial is offline  
Reply With Quote
#64  

IcW@teR
Ice Cool
 
IcW@teR's Avatar
 
i wanna good beer and a cigar right now.
__________________
The secret to success, whether it's women or money, is knowing when to quit. I oughta know: I'm divorced and broke.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:51 PM IcW@teR is offline  
Reply With Quote
#65  

Artesial
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcW@teR View Post
i wanna good beer and a cigar right now.

Cigar City brewery in Tampa, FL has some really good beers to pair with cigars, some really great nights I've had doing that.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:19 PM Artesial is offline  
Reply With Quote
#66  

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED
 
lollersk8s's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
I love your knowledge base, but what the fuck are with your examples...

He said he doesn't have access to many beers, those are common

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artesial View Post
I was thinking the same thing, he comes off as higher than though yet his examples are decent to mediocre beers at best. All of them are at most an 80 on BeerAdvocate but the "tastes like shit" IPAs, stouts, and ales get in the 90s on rankings, hmmm....

I guess I'll take it as a complement. For the record the people who rank beers for some particular award can be as pretentious as any guy at your local brewery.

It's amazing what you can tell yourself to think and like. Limitless really, and it explains a lot about political and religious ideologies too. Chances are I'll agree with someone who is a professional critic (beer, movies, gadgets) but that's a statistical thing. ie - they represent the majority, which is why they are a critic.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:00 PM lollersk8s is offline  
Reply With Quote
#67  

ohh.word
 
stash/cellar a couple states over

most are 07-09... remnants of college beer-collecting days
still got 3 j.w. lees '99s



I know the oldschools are '05.. and if you can let a palo santo (+ other headiness) age for a year or more, the differences are amazing
Old 11-01-2012, 08:24 PM ohh.word is offline  
Reply With Quote
#68  

Blaze
I belong to the IMNobody clique.
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
He said he doesn't have access to many beers, those are common

You must live on the west coast... By your examples and comments, i would guess Oregon or washington?
__________________
1.61803399

Proud Member of the [M] Seattle Krewe

<3
Old 11-02-2012, 01:23 AM Blaze is offline  
Reply With Quote
#69  

Blaze
I belong to the IMNobody clique.
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohh.word View Post
stash/cellar a couple states over

most are 07-09... remnants of college beer-collecting days
still got 3 j.w. lees '99s



I know the oldschools are '05.. and if you can let a palo santo (+ other headiness) age for a year or more, the differences are amazing

Dude, what year is that sam from avery?
__________________
1.61803399

Proud Member of the [M] Seattle Krewe

<3
Old 11-02-2012, 01:26 AM Blaze is offline  
Reply With Quote
#70  

Blaze
I belong to the IMNobody clique.
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
also? is that 3 turtle doves?
__________________
1.61803399

Proud Member of the [M] Seattle Krewe

<3
Old 11-02-2012, 01:27 AM Blaze is offline  
Reply With Quote
#71  

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED
 
lollersk8s's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
You must live on the west coast... By your examples and comments, i would guess Oregon or washington?

San Diego

we have a shitload of breweries - Karl Strauss, OAW, Green Flash, Stone Brew, Ballast Point, etc etc etc

My favorite thing is of course to fill a growler but I buy everything from time to time. Recently Trader Joes Bohemian Lager & Endless Summer. I'm more of a pounder than a sipper, but I just don't like the stuff with corn and rice in it. A beer has to be bready and delicious even if it's fairly light.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:49 PM lollersk8s is offline  
Reply With Quote
#72  

ohh.word
 
the Samael's is from 08 i believe..

and on the 2 Turtle Doves, I told myself i would always get one of their annual releases and that's the only one I have!



Old 11-04-2012, 06:51 PM ohh.word is offline  
Reply With Quote
#73  

Blaze
I belong to the IMNobody clique.
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohh.word View Post
the Samael's is from 08 i believe..

and on the 2 Turtle Doves, I told myself i would always get one of their annual releases and that's the only one I have!




oh im aware

I have 4 calling birds and finished off a 3 french hens a few weeks ago. They are one of my favorite breweries.
__________________
1.61803399

Proud Member of the [M] Seattle Krewe

<3
Old 11-05-2012, 12:57 AM Blaze is offline  
Reply With Quote
#74  

Blaze
I belong to the IMNobody clique.
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
San Diego

we have a shitload of breweries - Karl Strauss, OAW, Green Flash, Stone Brew, Ballast Point, etc etc etc

My favorite thing is of course to fill a growler but I buy everything from time to time. Recently Trader Joes Bohemian Lager & Endless Summer. I'm more of a pounder than a sipper, but I just don't like the stuff with corn and rice in it. A beer has to be bready and delicious even if it's fairly light.

Port/Lost abby! woooot.

let me know if you ever get any of their brewery-only releases i would happily trade much washington beer for it.
__________________
1.61803399

Proud Member of the [M] Seattle Krewe

<3
Old 11-05-2012, 12:58 AM Blaze is offline  
Reply With Quote
#75  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:48 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.