General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

So I'm looking for a new pocket tool...

What I have now:

Gerber MultiPlier 600 Pro Scout. Nice tool, I've had it for about15 years or so. I love the ability to flick my wrist to pop out the pliers, so much so I switched from my previous Leatherman to this.

15 years is a long time, and it's breaking regularly on me now. The knife blade has snapped, the flat screwdriver blade has snapped, the fine flat blade has broken too. I think it's time to retire the old boy.

So I've heard that the latest Gerber tools, according to people I know and amazon reviews, aren't nearly as good, poorly constructed and easily broken. I'm also hearing/reading that the Leatherman products are excellent, still.

I like the new products put some of the blades on the outside, so they can be used without totally opening the tool. Scissors are a must as well, the Gerber ones have always been the best. I like the fact that Leatherman has micro-screwdrivers and accessory bits that go with the tool.

I dislike the butterfly opening need of the Leatherman; I've never liked the saw on the Gerber. I loved the saw on my old Leatherman, but I snapped it off really well on a small sapling one day.

One Leatherman I'm considering is the Wingman:

I like the size and simplicity. I love the sturdy scissors, and the fact they're on the outside with the knife.

We sell the Wave at Lowe's, with the concomitant 10% employee discount:

I like the multiplicity of tools, the essential blades on the outside, and the multi-bit tool setup, as well as the microdrivers. I don't like the scissors, I do use them a fair bit, and need them to be sharp and tough.

I am listening, all. I appreciate the feedback.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

edplayer
no

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

c you auntie

ive still got the gerber my grandad gave me when i was 10 or so. its the same as your old one but without the snipping tool, i use it all the time, mostly just the pliers and screwdrivers, i thought that little saw was good though.

had a couple of smaller leathermans since then but sold them, might get another at some point cause i keep wanting a bottle opener when im out

c you auntie

might get the SOG paratool, since to be uk legal to carry in public without a "reasonable excuse" they need a non-locking ()sub 3inch blade

DoubleJ
i make wiggles happy on the inside and horny on the outside

Gerber whore here. 3 Multi-tools, 3 Gator knives, 2 Gerber skinning knives. Granted, not a single one was purchased after 2000 or so, so I have no idea what the quality is like on their newer stuff.

TUT RAGE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleJ View Post
Gerber whore here. 3 Multi-tools, 3 Gator knives, 2 Gerber skinning knives. Granted, not a single one was purchased after 2000 or so, so I have no idea what the quality is like on their newer stuff.

Gerber still good.
Go gerber to get fucked.

gribly

I have a leatherman squirt, love it.

c you auntie

was just looking at the squirt, is the bottle opener on it a piece of crap?

Last edited by c you auntie; 06-11-2013 at 08:17 AM..

gribly

The whole thing is pretty rugged, I was very surprised. I originally bought it as a present for someone else, then I played with it and decided to give my step bro something different.

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

Mr. Coffea

c you auntie

i have a feeling the ladies like mr coffea - mr coffea

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

Genmays original pocket tool

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c you auntie View Post
ive still got the gerber my grandad gave me when i was 10 or so. its the same as your old one but without the snipping tool, i use it all the time, mostly just the pliers and screwdrivers, i thought that little saw was good though.

had a couple of smaller leathermans since then but sold them, might get another at some point cause i keep wanting a bottle opener when im out

?

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by c you auntie View Post
might get the SOG paratool, since to be uk legal to carry in public without a "reasonable excuse" they need a non-locking ()sub 3inch blade

I don't have that problem here. I *might* have that problem at work, but it hasn't been one in nearly 6 years, and I could always switch back to the old one if I need to.

--John Hobbs

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
Genmays original pocket tool

Now what kind of experiences do YOU have with such things?

--John Hobbs