General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Typhoon43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
It pays the bills, but I don't think it's where I want to be. Good company, but I'm really missing my military jobs.

I think I'm going to apply for something else that's a better fit for me within the company

Forward Accounting Control Officer?

General Ledger Sniper?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Cody
User Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZainGray View Post
Is it steady employment, as in filling out a w4 and I 9 etc (thus possibly having benefits and paying overtime)? Of course, most insurance companies won't pay without adrug test in the event of an accident, and SOME require random testing (landscape company Iworked for their insurance required random testing but they only tested people they disliked). Or do they go job by job? Why didn't you ask about pay? What if they want to pay some bs like minimum?

its painting, he's gonna try to throw me between 12 and 15 an hour, prolly 12, which is 2 bux more than i was making as an electrician's trainee. after i get back in the swing of painting every day they'll bump me up. It's easy to soar with eagles in a flock of turkeys. When i'm painting most complaints from my employers are speed related, because i do too good of a job, especially on prep work.

You can waive insurance and pay a fine, or get obamacare now, and you aint gotta piss in nothing to get obamacare. getting hurt is a risk we all take, in the trades if you get high you never get hurt on the job. unless its ambulance worthy you had the day off and got hurt some other way while you were high and it had nothing to do with your job. (on paper)

they have a drug free workplace thing, companies get a measly few grand tax break. some people take it and some dont. most do. I dont know for sure if i'll ever need to test. he might tell me i gotta pass one once, if they test at the office since he knows i smoke i can literally dump a bottle of fake piss in a cup in front of him and /problem. if its outsourced maybe he'd gonna keep me off the books and subcontract 10-99 me. if he does that i'll work there with my eyes open for a place that taxes but doesn't piss test. I need the points to qualify for social security. last time i checked i was 6 points short

Cody
User Deleted

really the only thing that worried me during the interview is how weak his handshake was, both times. dude looks like 60 he should know better.

Cody
User Deleted

Quote:

Don't know what points you're talking about for social security. But sounds like you have the rest figured out regardless which way it goes (stable employment vs contractor, insurance etc).

i guess about 2 years back i got a letter from the IRS telling me that in order to receive SS benefits upon becoming disabled or retiring i needed 6 more points. le wife probably saved it and promptly forgot where.

i'm horrible with money stuff i always just ask older people i know that have already done this shit for advice. my uncle told me to work on the books or get a license and go into legit tax paying business.

Oh, this guy also said they usually work 6 days a week, weather permitting, so i can get all the OT i can handle until i burn out. extra 400 a month helps a lot with this car i'm gonna need to buy. of course the business is on the other side of the city...

Cody
User Deleted

Quote:
Hopefully he doesn't see you as cheap labor bc of marijuana / keeping you off the books. That would've been one of the first questions I asked - will this be taxable employment or no. How much would I be starting.

Sounds like he told you what he needed and y'all didn't discuss much else. Hope it all works out.

I do to, he asked me if i knew anybody else that could paint. That can be taken 2 ways, either they dont pay shit and cant keep people, or he really liked me. Guess i'll find out which one here soon.

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax

LOL i used to work with this nurga, blowin it up
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Cody
User Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unflushable Turd View Post
+ YouTube Video

I used to fuck with the yay with this dude

+ YouTube Video

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unflushable Turd View Post
You should just set the entire roachpartment on fire, that'll clear em out.

randrady had Terminix come out (after saying that they had come yesterday, then that they had come and sprayed last month, then saying that they hadn't been here since August, then saying they suck and they do a bad job and charge too much and ripped her off) yesterday, it was the "area supervisor," a guy named Patrick.

Patrick toured the garage, checked all the rooms, walked past three or four dead bugs, told me a bunch of funny stories about pest control, "skunks dont like rap music" and... "there was this time I stared a skunk right in the eyes from like a foot away!! you only need to worry about them turning around, cuz, ya see, they cant spray you when you're facing em!!"

hurdurrrr

I was humoring him and laughing and being affable (just do your fucking job you retard.)

He mentioned some guy named Mark who, I guess was assigned to this rat hole and that he had declared that this house was pest free. I showed him the pile of rusty shit stacked against the side of the house, he didn't really care. I showed him the beginnings of a yellowjacket nest under the eave on the corner of my garage, he shined a flashlight at it but didn't really seem to be bothered by it.

Then he whipped out his UV flashlight and looked for mouse ball dragging. He asked "Do you know what this is?" Now this is where I fucked up "Yeah hah I saw that on King of the Hill"

referencing incompetent exterminator Dale Gribble

Awkward pause

Subject change...

Then he went back into the house and... Some time later the randrady texted me "Patrick confirms no roaches no silverfish and NO mice! Let me know what I can do to help!!!"

I text back

Uhh no, does Patrick need to see the dead roaches? I have them right here (bitch)

Patrick was still "on site" lounging on the couch

Patrick said "I've seen lots of roaches in my time I don't need to see dead roaches"

He had all kinds of "tactical apparel for exterminators" as I would call it... looked like he was dressed for extermination but... He didn't have a truck. He had business cards and a Terminix polo but... I'm fairly certain he left on foot.

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

double

Cody
User Deleted

i'm picturing billy the exterminator in a ghostbusters costume with heelys on

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax

you want something done right ghetto you gotta do it your self

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

BORKED

Cody
User Deleted

ok so all i know so far, i'm waiting for a e-mail with a address and time to report to work. i replied and reminded the sender (i assume secretary because of 10 am email asking if i made 7:30 am appt, which i had, early) I reminded them in my reply that we had yet to discuss rate of pay, or taxation. got e-mail right back with "i'll call you later then"

so, i can wring my hands a little but less. now as long as he doesnt call when i'm picking up my mothafucking TAHOE OG KUSH i'm straight. Oh wait LOL it dont matter he knows i get HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

(man i hope he doesn't ask me to clean up and pass that one test, but i'm feeling like its gonna happen, i peeped their website and they claim drug free workplace. meh if its just one test i'll do it, as long as the pay is higher than i was getting. otherwise might as well just go back to the old place and keep otj training for more pay later.

Cody
User Deleted