General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe nathan View Post
chat is crucial in overwatch but i gag when i have to hear heavy-mouth breathing retards either whine throughout a game or narrate every damned move or thought they make.

then there's the self-appointed "coaches," with all the appeal of a chinese kid in a group project: ever-so-politely domineering with an entitled tone you just want to smack their stupid faces with a loaf of shit.

i don't have an issue with someone shot calling, the game depends on communication

it's not like cs:go where one guy can carry the team off his skill

if you're not communicating in overwatch, you're probably going to lose. you might win if you lucked out and got a group that knows how to react to everything on their own, but that's pretty rare. even at high platinum/low diamond you have to tell people the basics a lot more often than you'd expect.

i actually think overwatch could benefit a lot from adding a couple more skill groups. with platinum being the top of the bell curve, there's just too much of a discrepancy in skill at that rank. i've had great games at that rank and i've had dog shit games at that rank where you just cannot wrap your head around what people are doing.

"This crosses the line." - Tex Arcana

"a war of attrition it'll be then, i'll tell you this much i have much more longevity and time for this game than you do" - Redrum

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

joe nathan
joe nathan doesn't ask for dick. joe nathan tells you the way it is, or else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g|aSsJaw View Post
i don't have an issue with someone shot calling, the game depends on communication

it's not like cs:go where one guy can carry the team off his skill

if you're not communicating in overwatch, you're probably going to lose. you might win if you lucked out and got a group that knows how to react to everything on their own, but that's pretty rare. even at high platinum/low diamond you have to tell people the basics a lot more often than you'd expect.

i actually think overwatch could benefit a lot from adding a couple more skill groups. with platinum being the top of the bell curve, there's just too much of a discrepancy in skill at that rank. i've had great games at that rank and i've had dog shit games at that rank where you just cannot wrap your head around what people are doing.

i actually don't mind if one or two people do the shot-calling. often, i keep my mic muted and just listen with great results.

i agree about the discrepancy and it's annoying. i like the fact that if you're the best player on a losing team, you don't lose as much, but i'd like them to expand on that. i can't tell you how many games i've lost with gold in eliminations, damage and objective kills with silver in healing (soldier 76 main). maybe after a certain rank they could distribute points differently instead of just on win/loss. anything that makes the higher tiers more uniform in terms of skill distribution

joe nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
koreans are extremely bossy, while being complete non contributors themselves

haha i personally love the

"why aren't YOU guys doing ____?"
"YOU better not lose that check point"

g|aSsJaw

Quote:
i actually don't mind if one or two people do the shot-calling. often, i keep my mic muted and just listen with great results.

i agree about the discrepancy and it's annoying. i like the fact that if you're the best player on a losing team, you don't lose as much, but i'd like them to expand on that. i can't tell you how many games i've lost with gold in eliminations, damage and objective kills with silver in healing (soldier 76 main). maybe after a certain rank they could distribute points differently instead of just on win/loss. anything that makes the higher tiers more uniform in terms of skill distribution

They just need to get rid of streaks. A win should give you a set amount of SR and a loss should take a set amount, that way if you win more than you lose you'll rank up, and if you lose more than you win you'll derank. They are using streaks to move players around quickly and it's stupid.

Last night I was watching a really good player doing a Bronze to GM live stream for his YouTube channel and he was on such a long win streak that he was getting ~150 SR per game. He's a GM player, though, so think of all the games he has ruined for low level players along the way that can't compete with him.

Right now, a lost streak of just 4-5 games can put you so far down in SR that it could take you over a week to earn it back. You can actually go like 25-10 on a day of games and end up with lower SR than where you started because the losses were in streaks. That's stupid.

Overwatch is fun, but it has a long way to go to truly be competitive.

"a war of attrition it'll be then, i'll tell you this much i have much more longevity and time for this game than you do" - Redrum

joe nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by g|aSsJaw View Post
They just need to get rid of streaks. A win should give you a set amount of SR and a loss should take a set amount, that way if you win more than you lose you'll rank up, and if you lose more than you win you'll derank. They are using streaks to move players around quickly and it's stupid.

Last night I was watching a really good player doing a Bronze to GM live stream for his YouTube channel and he was on such a long win streak that he was getting ~150 SR per game. He's a GM player, though, so think of all the games he has ruined for low level players along the way that can't compete with him.

Right now, a lost streak of just 4-5 games can put you so far down in SR that it could take you over a week to earn it back. You can actually go like 25-10 on a day of games and end up with lower SR than where you started because the losses were in streaks. That's stupid.

Overwatch is fun, but it has a long way to go to truly be competitive.

since this thread began, I went from 2710 to 2546 and spent all week catching up since my losses were in streaks. I'm almost caught up.

I understand the reasoning behind the streaks, but maybe they could scale it back.

Sup

g|aSsJaw

Quote:
since this thread began, I went from 2710 to 2546 and spent all week catching up since my losses were in streaks. I'm almost caught up.

I understand the reasoning behind the streaks, but maybe they could scale it back.

I don't like the idea that you can win more than you lose on the day and be lower than where you started because your losses were in streaks. You could literally go 15-10 and have lower SR than where you started. I miss CS:GO where as long as you're winning more than you lose you'll move up. In this game, especially since I solo queue now that mike and ghetto have stopped playing, I just feel stuck where I'm at.

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

p-ditty responds to me. maybe you all fucking suck

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

"BOOM! I'M BACK, BABY!! I'M BEAST MODE!!!"
- Tony Romo, definitely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0L_WSBrws4

g|aSsJaw

whose kids are you showering with these days, IC?

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

with is the operative word here...

- Tony Romo, definitely

mikeawesome
Baloneyflaps is my lord. I have asked him into my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcW@teR View Post

we heard you got kicked out

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

- Tony Romo, definitely

Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcW@teR View Post

g|aSsJaw

i dun told ya'll niggas