General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Deals and Steals
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Repsaj229

WTB: DVD player

http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=2217358

I want to know if this is a good price and if anyone has this dvd player what experience do you have with them?

if there is a more appropriate place for this post please tell me and i will be happy to move it..

the DVD player is a:
Toshiba SD-P1850 Portable 8-inch DVD Player

and im looking at getting it for my step dad for chrismas. Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

jkoebel

Portable DVD players are really fragile, in my experience -- see if you can pick up one at Best Buy on sale, they have killer deals on that sort of thing around the holidays (I think they have 7'inchers for a bit less than that) but especially because of the extended warranties...

The things tend to break after about 3 months, especially if children are using them or if you're using them while traveling, so a warranty is a must-have.

Repsaj229

sounds like a good idea..

ill go look at best buy.com first any other ideas of where i could look?

En Sabbah Nur

fragile/expensive item that can easily be damaged + costco = win

Id even pay a price premium for the safety of their retun policy

Repsaj229

costco huh/// i was just looking at the best buy website and it looks like i can get a zenith 7inch for about 180 including the 4 year warrenty.

also i know that to get me to buy the warrenty best buy employees can give you incentives like free cables and headphones and stuff to go with your purchase.

jkoebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsaj229 View Post
also i know that to get me to buy the warrenty best buy employees can give you incentives like free cables and headphones and stuff to go with your purchase.

On something small like a portable DVD player, they likely wouldn't offer anything to you. On people buying high-end PC packages or Home Theatre packages, I see people offered free Reward Zone, cables, gift cards, etc. but only after they've already agreed to buy the warranty.

Employees offering "gifts" in exchange for the warranty are likely to lose their jobs for it.

Radar5
Loose S.H.I.T.s Everywhere!! Mutiny by S.H.I.T. Recruit 1 for Leadership!!

Reward Zone is free to everyone now

Teh HaPPy: They were talking about Kwanza on TV so my dad asked, "so what do you do on Kwanza?"
My mom, "I guess you sit around eating chitlins and watermellon before you go out and steal the Kwanza TV."