General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

I started the trial on this... is there anything for me to do besides mine asteroids?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

-espionage-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi
I started the trial on this... is there anything for me to do besides mine asteroids?

sadly if you dont have anyone to point you in the right direction, no. are you an SA member? if you are, then you should sign up for goonfleet. if not, look into getting into one of the major players hands... but avoid BoB like the plauge... not that theyd want you anyways, but my god those guys are s of epic proportions. their leader is an "interweb celeberty"

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by -espionage-
sadly if you dont have anyone to point you in the right direction, no. are you an SA member? if you are, then you should sign up for goonfleet. if not, look into getting into one of the major players hands... but avoid BoB like the plauge... not that theyd want you anyways, but my god those guys are s of epic proportions. their leader is an "interweb celeberty"

nah, I don't feel like paying for a forum

I've been putting around doing missions, bought a little mining frigate, deciding on what noob stuff to equip.

So far I am enjoying it, even though I'm just doing courier missions.

RazorWind

Is there some good way to hook up with a good corp? I played a trial of this game a couple of months ago, and while I thought it was a pretty cool game, I couldn't really find much to do besides the thinly veiled noob grinding. I had a buddy playing with me, and we had a pretty good time, but it still seemed like we sort of ran out of new and interesting things to do after a week or so.

Edit: The making your own weapons thing was pretty cool, though. Does it ever become possible to create new and interesting weapons/equipment based on what components you use, kinda like the Horadric cube from Diablo II?

hash browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind
Is there some good way to hook up with a good corp? I played a trial of this game a couple of months ago, and while I thought it was a pretty cool game, I couldn't really find much to do besides the thinly veiled noob grinding. I had a buddy playing with me, and we had a pretty good time, but it still seemed like we sort of ran out of new and interesting things to do after a week or so.

Edit: The making your own weapons thing was pretty cool, though. Does it ever become possible to create new and interesting weapons/equipment based on what components you use, kinda like the Horadric cube from Diablo II?
No.

"BPOs" - Blueprint Originals only exist for unnamed "Tech 1" and "Tech 2" items. These are like the vanilla class items from Diablo II. Named Tech 1 items tend to have better dmg modifiers or lower fitting requirements. Tech 2 items are generally better or as good as the best named Tech 1 items, but can have significantly higher skill requirements. And yes, BoB has many of the good Tech II BPOs. Pretty much you cannot get a new Tech 2 BPO as they were given out by limited random lottery.

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by hash browns
No.

"BPOs" - Blueprint Originals only exist for unnamed "Tech 1" and "Tech 2" items. These are like the vanilla class items from Diablo II. Named Tech 1 items tend to have better dmg modifiers or lower fitting requirements. Tech 2 items are generally better or as good as the best named Tech 1 items, but can have significantly higher skill requirements. And yes, BoB has many of the good Tech II BPOs. Pretty much you cannot get a new Tech 2 BPO as they were given out by limited random lottery.

Forgive my ignorance, but

1. What is BoB? Is that a corp?

2. The "BPO" items are rare, and can be modified, but the named ones are sort of pre-modified already? I guess my question here is what about the BPOs is special, other than obviously rarity?

Xcobita

Well, Kali has "Invention", which will be out eventually. And ship rigging.

Quote:
Invention & Reverse Engineering Ė Initially for Kali1 we wonít have reverse engineering. Thatís when you take an item apart and hope to be able to figure out how it was put together in hopes of making a blueprint out of it. What we do have is Invention. Thatís when you take a T1 BPC, some Datacores, a Data Interface and some optional stuff like tech 1 items and Decryptors then mix it all up and hope that they output a tech 2 BPC. Thatís right; you can research for a specific T2 BPC with invention. The Data Interfaces are built out of items acquired through mini-professions like hacking. The real clincher is that the Datacores are bought from your research agents in exchange for research points. My fear here is that now with some work players will be able to have all the T2 gear they want but maybe itís time that T2 become a sort of baseline.

Salvaging & Ship Rigging Ė This feature has me pretty excited because it addresses one thing thatís always bugged me about EVE. When your ship blows up a pristine can floats in space with some modules inside it. This immersion breaking feature will be no more when Kali1 hits. When your ship blows up a smoldering wreck will be left behind. The wreck will have a few modules intact of course but will also have other items of value only extractable by a skilled salvager. These new items such as Fluid Chips and Diagnostics Circuits are used to build Rigs. Rigs work like implants do but for ships. Once you install a Rig in your ship you canít remove it. Repackaging your ship destroys the Rig. Rigs give bonuses to various aspects of a ship. The Launcher Processor Rig gives a bonus to CPU need for all missile launchers while the Repair Efficacy Rig increases the repair amount of armor repairers. When Kali1 hits all T1 ships will be given 2 slots for ship modification and T2 ships get 3 slots. My main fears with the Rigs are that some combination will be found that makes some ship overpowered or that weíll see some new cookie-cutter gank setup.
It doesnt say it in that blog, but I thought I read someplace that there was a way to get named t1 items from unnamed t1 items.

Quote:

2. The "BPO" items are rare, and can be modified, but the named ones are sort of pre-modified already? I guess my question here is what about the BPOs is special, other than obviously rarity?
BoB is a big alliance. They control a lot of the southwest of the galaxy.

Tech 2 BPOs are rare. They arent modified. You can buy any Tech 1 BPO off the market. You can research both to make is so you can build them faster, and with fewer resources.

Last edited by Xcobita; 08-08-2006 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: You cant get Expanded Cargo 1 BPOs though

hash browns

Quote:

BoB is Eve's uber-alliance that controlls the largest amount of Eve 0.0 territory. Other alliances seem to fear and bow down to BoB. They are currently trying to drive Goonfleet/Goonwaffe (Goonswarm) from the game -- the guys from something awful.

Tech 1 BPOs can be bought by players for most Tech 1 items. Obviously a BPO for a battleship is going to cost a lot more than something like a frigate. Perhaps comparing a billion isk item versus two million.

Named items are only obtainable through drops. The BPOs are special becuase you can use them an infinate amount of times to produce items or make blueprint copies. You can also research blueprints to make them more efficient on mineral costs to build, etc.

Munky73770

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog
Anyone want to recruit me? I've got 5.5 mill SP mostly in Missile/Space Command/Learning.

You want to join a pirate corp?

Malakai

Hehe first day back and.....

Last edited by Malakai; 08-09-2006 at 02:35 AM..

Kenshin

9ZF huh? hmmm

Sounds like a good place to run around in an AF or interceptor.

Munky73770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin
9ZF huh? hmmm

Sounds like a good place to run around in an AF or interceptor.

Just get urself a interdictor to come with you, wait for them to jump and nail them with that 20k warp disruption bubble.

Kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky73770
Just get urself a interdictor to come with you, wait for them to jump and nail them with that 20k warp disruption bubble.
heh, true. I've actually never worked with using interdictors, because last time I did many 0.0 ops they weren't in the game.
Lately it's been all empire space pirating where you can't use the things... I went from -4.2 to -6.8 this weekend, and only had the time to play for a few hours.

Munky73770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin
heh, true. I've actually never worked with using interdictors, because last time I did many 0.0 ops they weren't in the game.
Lately it's been all empire space pirating where you can't use the things... I went from -4.2 to -6.8 this weekend, and only had the time to play for a few hours.

Yeah, most of our ops are in low sec...I'm at -8.2 atm. Join TSBS! We need people like you!

Kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky73770
Yeah, most of our ops are in low sec...I'm at -8.2 atm. Join TSBS! We need people like you!
Nah, after I'm done with Veto I'm heading back to my gaming group's corp, Righteous Indignation.

I'll still be pirating, just in different areas. And I'll be able to pursue some more personal vendettas.

Otherwise I would though.