General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General Forums > [M]eetups
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread

EbolaBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanny
black friday, i work at best buy

Best Buy in Madison, eh? We should go down there for Black Friday and have you hide shit for us

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheBigRagoo

I'm up for exploring and Black Friday Sales

liquidkristal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbolaBunny

Best Buy in Madison, eh? We should go down there for Black Friday and have you hide shit for us

I was going to hit up the one in neenah on the thursday evening and hide stuff

"I have to ask you a question."
"What is it?"
"Its an inquisitive statement used to test knowledge, but thats not important right now.

TheBigRagoo

I think I'm going to keep my charge card nice and clean until November... then the pain

EbolaBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidkristal
I was going to hit up the one in neenah on the thursday evening and hide stuff

Best Buy (and competitors) actually keep the Black Friday sale items in the back room until Black Friday. They have to have a certain number of items in stock for each sale, so they aren't able to put them out on the floor beforehand. Some of the items might be out on the shelves, but most are in "back".

EbolaBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigRagoo
I'm up for exploring and Black Friday Sales

Gonna be there at 4am with us? I know you were pretty grumpy when I woke you up with text messages last year kekeke

liquidkristal

Quote:
Best Buy (and competitors) actually keep the Black Friday sale items in the back room until Black Friday. They have to have a certain number of items in stock for each sale, so they aren't able to put them out on the floor beforehand. Some of the items might be out on the shelves, but most are in "back".

bugger

might be a trip to the one in madison then..

"What is it?"
"Its an inquisitive statement used to test knowledge, but thats not important right now.

liquidkristal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigRagoo
I think I'm going to keep my charge card nice and clean until November... then the pain

thats gonna be a very expensive month... and we have to wrap and post / destroy any evidence of purchase before we fly out, to avoid any customs problems

"What is it?"

TheBigRagoo

Quote:
Gonna be there at 4am with us? I know you were pretty grumpy when I woke you up with text messages last year kekeke

as long as I don't have a change the night before :jerk:

EbolaBunny

Quote:
bugger

might be a trip to the one in madison then..

Nah. Last year, Jen and I had this all figured out. We get there at 4am and wait in line outside. If you're there at 4am, you'll be one of the first 20-30 people into the store. Most people that go to Best Buy also have no idea where the items are that they're looking for, so they run around like headless chickens. A good tip is to bring a big thing full of hot coffee and some cheap styrofoam cups, so you can make friends with people in line. We found that making friends with people in line helps to your advantage. People will be less likely to let other people cut in front of you, and they'll also help you find things once you're in the store if you run into them.

EbolaBunny

Quote:
thats gonna be a very expensive month... and we have to wrap and post / destroy any evidence of purchase before we fly out, to avoid any customs problems

We could ship stuff to your home.. I get a huge discount on FedEx shipments, but I'm not sure if they ship to the UK.. do you know? Hur hur, I work for them and I don't even know.

hanny

lol, i hear that sale shit is on lockdown like crazy. tough to get even for employees. mostly becuase they don't want employees to buy it since it defeats the purpose of atracting customers. anyways, with the 5% overcost discount employees get, they don't like employees shopping in the store anyway.

TheBigRagoo

Maybe they'll have a sale on large screen TVs

EbolaBunny

BTW, my FedEx discount lets me ship any package to any "business" for $4, no matter the size or weight.

liquidkristal

Quote:
BTW, my FedEx discount lets me ship any package to any "business" for $4, no matter the size or weight.

I think we can come to some sort of agreement... MIR's for shipping maybe?

"What is it?"

Closed Thread