General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
StarDeath13
 
its an 89 600R and carbrated.
ty for the help guys.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:22 PM StarDeath13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#796  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

sir nooby
 
Ok so is shifting with out the clutch good or bad? Give me details

Went for a ride yesterday with my dad and he was giving me a few pointers before I go for my licence on Sunday.....I'm looking forward to being able to ride around and do my own thing
__________________
._--_|\
/BrisVegas
\...--.*/
.......v
Old 07-24-2006, 09:13 PM sir nooby is offline  
Reply With Quote
#797  

Jamesgott
i dig through other peoples trash
 
Jamesgott's Avatar
 
ok so if i were to buy a ninja 250, thats considered a "sport bike" and i will get raped on insurance? or is a bike only a sport bike if its bigger than like 600cc? whats the classifcations here? i just want a good beginner bike. CHEAP. and not going to get raped on insurance
Old 07-25-2006, 02:58 PM Jamesgott is offline  
Reply With Quote
#798  

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)
 
OneWhoKnows's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgott
ok so if i were to buy a ninja 250, thats considered a "sport bike" and i will get raped on insurance? or is a bike only a sport bike if its bigger than like 600cc? whats the classifcations here? i just want a good beginner bike. CHEAP. and not going to get raped on insurance
A Ninja 250 will not be considered a sports bike by insurance companies and should be dirt cheap to insure.
__________________
Intarweb married to [H]ustler 12/08/03
OWK of Team OWK
Gen[M]ay Motorcyclist 2004 YZF-R1 / 2006 YZF-R6
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"
Old 07-25-2006, 03:05 PM OneWhoKnows is offline  
Reply With Quote
#799  

im2smrt4u
 
im2smrt4u's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgott
ok so if i were to buy a ninja 250, thats considered a "sport bike" and i will get raped on insurance? or is a bike only a sport bike if its bigger than like 600cc? whats the classifcations here? i just want a good beginner bike. CHEAP. and not going to get raped on insurance
If it has an R in the name, bend over!

AFAIK, no 250 is expensive to insure. Sure the Ninja 250 is a sporty bike, but I'd bet there are far fewer claims on the little bikes.
__________________
I <3 starkizzer
Old 07-25-2006, 03:21 PM im2smrt4u is offline  
Reply With Quote
#800  

Squeeky
My love muffin <3 Pinkys Avenger
 
Squeeky's Avatar
 
Wtf....

So today was like any other day since i've gotten my bike. I get home from work, shower, gear up, and go cruise the coast for a few hours. Down by the beach, there are lots of cyclists. I was coming up to a red light, and there was a bike on the opposite corner of the street waiting to cross. I was waiting in a left hand turn lane. I come to a stop, flip up my visor, check my mirrors and then look at the cross traffic's light so I know when to drop it in 1st and get ready to go, when I see the cyclist waiting to cross on the other side of the intersection flipping the bird in my direction. I glance over my shoulders, and i'm the only one around. I shrug my shoulders while looking at him, trying to figure out what his deal is, and he pedals at me from across the street, diagonally, straight at me. He stares me down while peddaling at me and then swerves at the last second to avoid hitting me, like he was trying to intimidate me or something.

I'm thinking it's a case of mistaken identity, or the guy just really hates motorcyclists. He looked like a crazy old man, so that could be the case too.

Anyhow, my question is, is there any exisiting fued between motorcyclists and cyclists? If anything i'd assume they share the common bond of travelling on 2 wheels, but who knows.
__________________
Gen[M]ay [M]otorcyclist club - 2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
Gen[M]ay Ranger club - 2002 Ford Ranger XLT
Pooldude of Team OWK

Last edited by Squeeky; 07-25-2006 at 07:03 PM..
Old 07-25-2006, 07:01 PM Squeeky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#801  

MasterOfNone
Nice sack, May I gargle?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeky
Wtf....

... so I know when to drop it in 1st and get ready to go....

Don't make me get all MSF on you and tell you that you should always be in gear at a light or stop. Really. And you should always have the rear brake light on with either your foot or hand so people will actually see you're stopped. I've got a buddy who constantly pisses me off when we go out riding, who always slows down by downshifting and only hits the brakes when he's close to stopping...one day he is going to get smeared all over the pavement by some cage driver who "doesn't see him". I just don't want to hear about someone on here getting whacked, so I'm not trying to jump all over you.

I also don't know what's up with the crazy old dude. You should have pointed behind him and yelled "SHARK!!!" and watched him fall over. Must be crazy season. hmmmmm
__________________
Gargle my sack
another thread-killa
Old 07-25-2006, 07:33 PM MasterOfNone is offline  
Reply With Quote
#802  

Squeeky
My love muffin <3 Pinkys Avenger
 
Squeeky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfNone
Don't make me get all MSF on you and tell you that you should always be in gear at a light or stop. Really. And you should always have the rear brake light on with either your foot or hand so people will actually see you're stopped. I've got a buddy who constantly pisses me off when we go out riding, who always slows down by downshifting and only hits the brakes when he's close to stopping...one day he is going to get smeared all over the pavement by some cage driver who "doesn't see him". I just don't want to hear about someone on here getting whacked, so I'm not trying to jump all over you.

I also don't know what's up with the crazy old dude. You should have pointed behind him and yelled "SHARK!!!" and watched him fall over. Must be crazy season. hmmmmm

When stopping, I always gently squeeze the front/rear brake, downshift 1 or 2 gears to help with slowing, and watch my mirrors. When I get to the stop, If my hands are fatigued and I need to stretch a bit, i'll find neutral and put my left foot down while pressing the rear brake. After I am done stretching, I immediately engage the clutch and drop it into gear.

Trust me, I think about it too. The last thing I want to see when checking my mirrors at the light is someone not paying attention and barreling down on me, while i'm in neautral with my thumb up my ass.

@ SHARK!
__________________
Gen[M]ay [M]otorcyclist club - 2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
Gen[M]ay Ranger club - 2002 Ford Ranger XLT
Pooldude of Team OWK
Old 07-25-2006, 07:42 PM Squeeky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#803  

McKnight
MOST AMAZING TITLE EVER LOL WORDS
 
McKnight's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeky
Wtf....

So today was like any other day since i've gotten my bike. I get home from work, shower, gear up, and go cruise the coast for a few hours. Down by the beach, there are lots of cyclists. I was coming up to a red light, and there was a bike on the opposite corner of the street waiting to cross. I was waiting in a left hand turn lane. I come to a stop, flip up my visor, check my mirrors and then look at the cross traffic's light so I know when to drop it in 1st and get ready to go, when I see the cyclist waiting to cross on the other side of the intersection flipping the bird in my direction. I glance over my shoulders, and i'm the only one around. I shrug my shoulders while looking at him, trying to figure out what his deal is, and he pedals at me from across the street, diagonally, straight at me. He stares me down while peddaling at me and then swerves at the last second to avoid hitting me, like he was trying to intimidate me or something.

I'm thinking it's a case of mistaken identity, or the guy just really hates motorcyclists. He looked like a crazy old man, so that could be the case too.

Anyhow, my question is, is there any exisiting fued between motorcyclists and cyclists? If anything i'd assume they share the common bond of travelling on 2 wheels, but who knows.


bicyclists = very weird people

They like to play in traffic without an engine in their bike to save them. Nuff said.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:01 PM McKnight is offline  
Reply With Quote
#804  

lopoetve
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunteR
bicyclists = very weird people

They like to play in traffic without an engine in their bike to save them. Nuff said.

We call them targets around here...
__________________
"You always gotta question the culinary excellence of food items which propel themselves out of cans"-LilMsCanBeRite
[M]otorcycle krew - 2011 Triumph Street Triple R. (Bwah?!?)
2013 ZL1 Camaro
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:29 PM lopoetve is offline  
Reply With Quote
#805  

SNaray8442
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunteR
bicyclists = very weird people

They like to play in traffic without an engine in their bike to save them. Nuff said.

awww nigga

I ride my bicycle around because I'm a fattie, not all of use bicyclists are s like the guy in that story
Old 07-26-2006, 04:10 AM SNaray8442 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#806  

onewheeldoin200
Your girlfriend likes my crotch rocket better
 
onewheeldoin200's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeky
Wtf....

So today was like any other day since i've gotten my bike. I get home from work, shower, gear up, and go cruise the coast for a few hours. Down by the beach, there are lots of cyclists. I was coming up to a red light, and there was a bike on the opposite corner of the street waiting to cross. I was waiting in a left hand turn lane. I come to a stop, flip up my visor, check my mirrors and then look at the cross traffic's light so I know when to drop it in 1st and get ready to go, when I see the cyclist waiting to cross on the other side of the intersection flipping the bird in my direction. I glance over my shoulders, and i'm the only one around. I shrug my shoulders while looking at him, trying to figure out what his deal is, and he pedals at me from across the street, diagonally, straight at me. He stares me down while peddaling at me and then swerves at the last second to avoid hitting me, like he was trying to intimidate me or something.

I'm thinking it's a case of mistaken identity, or the guy just really hates motorcyclists. He looked like a crazy old man, so that could be the case too.

Anyhow, my question is, is there any exisiting fued between motorcyclists and cyclists? If anything i'd assume they share the common bond of travelling on 2 wheels, but who knows.

People never fail to amaze me.
__________________
Member of the Gen[M]ay [M]otorcycle Club

Passion > Precision
Old 07-26-2006, 07:04 AM onewheeldoin200 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#807  

McKnight
MOST AMAZING TITLE EVER LOL WORDS
 
McKnight's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaray8442
awww nigga

I ride my bicycle around because I'm a fattie, not all of use bicyclists are s like the guy in that story


I ride my bicycle a lot too


But I ride my bicycle on the fucking sidewalk where the fucking bicycles should be. Its america...NO ONE WALKS ANYWHERE, get out of the fucking street before I hit you and kill us both because you cant top 25 mph
Old 07-27-2006, 08:43 PM McKnight is offline  
Reply With Quote
#808  

princess0fdiabl0
 
sold my pos GS500e, time to buy an older 600 or if im lucky an sv650
__________________
I'm a guy.
'06 DRZ400 Supermoto
'94 KLR6ugly
Old 07-27-2006, 09:06 PM princess0fdiabl0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#809  

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek
 
Junkie Mod's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunteR
I ride my bicycle a lot too


But I ride my bicycle on the fucking sidewalk where the fucking bicycles should be. Its america...NO ONE WALKS ANYWHERE, get out of the fucking street before I hit you and kill us both because you cant top 25 mph
depends on where, there are some places where lots of people walk (Berkeley)
Old 07-27-2006, 10:06 PM Junkie Mod is offline  
Reply With Quote
#810  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:34 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.