Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

StarDeath13

its an 89 600R and carbrated.
ty for the help guys.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

sir nooby

Ok so is shifting with out the clutch good or bad? Give me details

Went for a ride yesterday with my dad and he was giving me a few pointers before I go for my licence on Sunday.....I'm looking forward to being able to ride around and do my own thing
.......v

Jamesgott
i dig through other peoples trash

ok so if i were to buy a ninja 250, thats considered a "sport bike" and i will get raped on insurance? or is a bike only a sport bike if its bigger than like 600cc? whats the classifcations here? i just want a good beginner bike. CHEAP. and not going to get raped on insurance

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgott
ok so if i were to buy a ninja 250, thats considered a "sport bike" and i will get raped on insurance? or is a bike only a sport bike if its bigger than like 600cc? whats the classifcations here? i just want a good beginner bike. CHEAP. and not going to get raped on insurance
A Ninja 250 will not be considered a sports bike by insurance companies and should be dirt cheap to insure.
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"

im2smrt4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgott
If it has an R in the name, bend over!

AFAIK, no 250 is expensive to insure. Sure the Ninja 250 is a sporty bike, but I'd bet there are far fewer claims on the little bikes.

Squeeky
My love muffin <3 Pinkys Avenger

Wtf....

So today was like any other day since i've gotten my bike. I get home from work, shower, gear up, and go cruise the coast for a few hours. Down by the beach, there are lots of cyclists. I was coming up to a red light, and there was a bike on the opposite corner of the street waiting to cross. I was waiting in a left hand turn lane. I come to a stop, flip up my visor, check my mirrors and then look at the cross traffic's light so I know when to drop it in 1st and get ready to go, when I see the cyclist waiting to cross on the other side of the intersection flipping the bird in my direction. I glance over my shoulders, and i'm the only one around. I shrug my shoulders while looking at him, trying to figure out what his deal is, and he pedals at me from across the street, diagonally, straight at me. He stares me down while peddaling at me and then swerves at the last second to avoid hitting me, like he was trying to intimidate me or something.

I'm thinking it's a case of mistaken identity, or the guy just really hates motorcyclists. He looked like a crazy old man, so that could be the case too.

Anyhow, my question is, is there any exisiting fued between motorcyclists and cyclists? If anything i'd assume they share the common bond of travelling on 2 wheels, but who knows.

Last edited by Squeeky; 07-25-2006 at 07:03 PM..

MasterOfNone
Nice sack, May I gargle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeky
Wtf....

... so I know when to drop it in 1st and get ready to go....

Don't make me get all MSF on you and tell you that you should always be in gear at a light or stop. Really. And you should always have the rear brake light on with either your foot or hand so people will actually see you're stopped. I've got a buddy who constantly pisses me off when we go out riding, who always slows down by downshifting and only hits the brakes when he's close to stopping...one day he is going to get smeared all over the pavement by some cage driver who "doesn't see him". I just don't want to hear about someone on here getting whacked, so I'm not trying to jump all over you.

I also don't know what's up with the crazy old dude. You should have pointed behind him and yelled "SHARK!!!" and watched him fall over. Must be crazy season. hmmmmm

Squeeky
My love muffin <3 Pinkys Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfNone
Don't make me get all MSF on you and tell you that you should always be in gear at a light or stop. Really. And you should always have the rear brake light on with either your foot or hand so people will actually see you're stopped. I've got a buddy who constantly pisses me off when we go out riding, who always slows down by downshifting and only hits the brakes when he's close to stopping...one day he is going to get smeared all over the pavement by some cage driver who "doesn't see him". I just don't want to hear about someone on here getting whacked, so I'm not trying to jump all over you.

I also don't know what's up with the crazy old dude. You should have pointed behind him and yelled "SHARK!!!" and watched him fall over. Must be crazy season. hmmmmm

When stopping, I always gently squeeze the front/rear brake, downshift 1 or 2 gears to help with slowing, and watch my mirrors. When I get to the stop, If my hands are fatigued and I need to stretch a bit, i'll find neutral and put my left foot down while pressing the rear brake. After I am done stretching, I immediately engage the clutch and drop it into gear.

Trust me, I think about it too. The last thing I want to see when checking my mirrors at the light is someone not paying attention and barreling down on me, while i'm in neautral with my thumb up my ass.

@ SHARK!

McKnight
MOST AMAZING TITLE EVER LOL WORDS

Quote:
Wtf....

So today was like any other day since i've gotten my bike. I get home from work, shower, gear up, and go cruise the coast for a few hours. Down by the beach, there are lots of cyclists. I was coming up to a red light, and there was a bike on the opposite corner of the street waiting to cross. I was waiting in a left hand turn lane. I come to a stop, flip up my visor, check my mirrors and then look at the cross traffic's light so I know when to drop it in 1st and get ready to go, when I see the cyclist waiting to cross on the other side of the intersection flipping the bird in my direction. I glance over my shoulders, and i'm the only one around. I shrug my shoulders while looking at him, trying to figure out what his deal is, and he pedals at me from across the street, diagonally, straight at me. He stares me down while peddaling at me and then swerves at the last second to avoid hitting me, like he was trying to intimidate me or something.

I'm thinking it's a case of mistaken identity, or the guy just really hates motorcyclists. He looked like a crazy old man, so that could be the case too.

Anyhow, my question is, is there any exisiting fued between motorcyclists and cyclists? If anything i'd assume they share the common bond of travelling on 2 wheels, but who knows.

bicyclists = very weird people

They like to play in traffic without an engine in their bike to save them. Nuff said.

lopoetve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunteR

They like to play in traffic without an engine in their bike to save them. Nuff said.

We call them targets around here...
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

SNaray8442

Quote:

awww nigga

I ride my bicycle around because I'm a fattie, not all of use bicyclists are s like the guy in that story

onewheeldoin200
Your girlfriend likes my crotch rocket better

Quote:
Wtf....

People never fail to amaze me.

Passion > Precision

McKnight
MOST AMAZING TITLE EVER LOL WORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaray8442
awww nigga

I ride my bicycle around because I'm a fattie, not all of use bicyclists are s like the guy in that story

I ride my bicycle a lot too

But I ride my bicycle on the fucking sidewalk where the fucking bicycles should be. Its america...NO ONE WALKS ANYWHERE, get out of the fucking street before I hit you and kill us both because you cant top 25 mph

princess0fdiabl0

sold my pos GS500e, time to buy an older 600 or if im lucky an sv650

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

Quote:
I ride my bicycle a lot too

But I ride my bicycle on the fucking sidewalk where the fucking bicycles should be. Its america...NO ONE WALKS ANYWHERE, get out of the fucking street before I hit you and kill us both because you cant top 25 mph
depends on where, there are some places where lots of people walk (Berkeley)