General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

pepperochini

Last edited by pepperochini; 09-12-2011 at 06:47 AM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pepperochini

theWITNESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by grjr View Post
why? electrons prefer to ride along monster cables?

They're shit.

solareon

Sealed properly sized box for a 10"-12" dvc sub and 400-500w rms. I dunno why people waste time overloading the bottom end with 2 12s and 1.21jiggawatts of power. It's all about balance.
1987 RX-7 TII - sold =(

Liquid_Table
Waiting for that fateful day of bannage, c'mon Kyle be a man and push the button you big fairy.

My room mate has a pair of the RE Audio SX12s along with an RE Audio DTS 1000.1 amp. They are very, very loud and sound pretty excellent.

sloppyseconded

I have two setups:

In my RSX -
Two Kicker CompVR 12s in the ported box from Best Buy combined with a Kenwood 800 watt RMS amp

In my 350Z -
Two Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 10s in a sealed box molded around the rear sway bar, 1000 watt RMS amp (RF amp, but don't remember the model number)

For what you're looking for, the Kickers would fit the bill. The things hit insanely hard, and everyone on the block will know you are coming. The P3s hit significantly cleaner (mostly because they are 10" and in a sealed box), but doesn't sound like what you're looking for.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by solareon View Post
Sealed properly sized box for a 10"-12" dvc sub and 400-500w rms. I dunno why people waste time overloading the bottom end with 2 12s and 1.21jiggawatts of power. It's all about balance.

qft

You wouldn't want to overplay the high end, or the mids so why is it good to ruin your hearing with overemphasized bass is beyond me these days. Plus having all that shit in your car is annoying honestly. I don't want to drive a portable living room. I have an actual living room for that.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyseconded View Post
The things hit insanely hard, and everyone on the block will know you are coming. The P3s hit significantly cleaner (mostly because they are 10" and in a sealed box), but doesn't sound like what you're looking for.

Change his mind then, why is it good if people "know you're coming"? It's annoying - but not good. Unless you're 17 and this is your first car...

Some of those kickers are square... avoid those. The cone has to be thicker and heavier to maintain it's shape compared to a round cone (best) - ovals suck as well. You get sloppy boom boom bass, not my cup of tea!

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
mostly sealed... I can explain why if anyone wants

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post

The cabin of a typical car gains +9 dB per octave in the lower frequencies. Sealed subs lose -9 dB per octave in the low end. It's a match made in heaven. Sealed also adds better power handling, smaller box size and better 'transient response'

Ports can be tuned to whatever you want to pick up the low end in a living room for example but really not needed in a car cabin unless you're a niqqer who likes to woo-wooo

Cliffs: sealed is better all around; ported gives you "free" dB which you don't need in a car