General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

testshootcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScHpAnKy View Post
Yours was sick, did ya end up selling it?
as soon as i sold it i was feeling remorse. i could have used a loaner/puddle jumper quite a bit. i might buy another.
Clarksonís trade is the kind of insults school students dream about making. Whatís interesting about Top Gear is that everyone thinks itís about cars. It isnít. Itís about men and their relationships. - BBCís W. Garvie.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Bill Brasky
He killed Wolfman Jack with a trident

Quote:
fuck H4's, skip ebay - if you've got the duckets, spring for these (if you want smileys):
http://dtmfiberwerkz.com/access/head...3_887_912.html

you'll need H1 bulbs for them to use HID's, which I actually have if you can source ballasts

Otherwise, I recommend US ellipsoids and 9006 HID's for the better cut-off pattern - you can see what they look like on that 318is up there ^

those same headlights are on ebay for 178 shipped. same picture and everything.

I'm a Son of a Bitch and you fucking love me for it.

ScHpAnKy
The only place you can get milk in a bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Oh didn't know the m42 was based off the m3 4 banger. I don't want to make a stroker or anything like that, at least not now. I check craigs list once in a while, but they are all fairly expensive and/or have like 270k miles. I guess that's par for the course though.

it's true, if you have an android phone - download the craigslist notifier, you can do search terms that will notify you the second an article posts, with these things you literally have to be the first person to get in touch with them to get finds like this eta or my 325is.

ScHpAnKy

Quote:
Originally Posted by testshootcom View Post
as soon as i sold it i was feeling remorse. i could have used a loaner/puddle jumper quite a bit. i might buy another.

dooo eettt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
those same headlights are on ebay for 178 shipped. same picture and everything.

If they're the glass ones on ebay, go for it - otherwise, stray far away!

ScHpAnKy

oh, from this weekend:

it didn't even go without blemish from my house to taco bell - on the plus side, I got my front end mostly worked out and hopefully survives the 9-hour drive to maryland this weekend.

Anybody else going to h2o?

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
it's true, if you have an android phone - download the craigslist notifier, you can do search terms that will notify you the second an article posts, with these things you literally have to be the first person to get in touch with them to get finds like this eta or my 325is.

Thats a good idea... Let's keep a lid on this....

[H]ard|On

Quote:
oh, from this weekend:

it didn't even go without blemish from my house to taco bell - on the plus side, I got my front end mostly worked out and hopefully survives the 9-hour drive to maryland this weekend.

Anybody else going to h2o?

That looks more off road than anything, common for e30s?

ScHpAnKy

Quote:
That looks more off road than anything, common for e30s?

it's aftermarket, e30's and e36's have rediculously low oilpans - it's literally the lowest point on the car for some fucked up reason

slammed e30's tend to run skidplates as a result, especially with engines like the m50 (which this is actually for, but I'm using it on whatever car gets this suspension)

It's durable as FUCK - the other day I hit a bump at a speed [much] greater than I care to admit, and all it did was that neat little skidplate bark and keep on coasting without so much as shock to the driveline.

So far, my favorite investment.

testshootcom

Quote:
....rediculously low oilpans - it's literally the lowest point on the car....slammed e30's tend to run skidplates as a result, especially with engines like the m50 (which this is actually for, but I'm using it on whatever car gets this suspension)
TSRH

"Rock Meets Oilpan" is not a love story. The other issue slamming an E30 is the cat, that is the next lowest point and it will hit/scrape on everything.

Quote:
dooo eettt
I sit and drool over E30s all day at work. Sad thing is I could buy ALL of the ones on Craigslist right now, yet I don't want to spend more than $1500 :/ odd thing, right? if not an e30, maybe this? http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...579220170.html
Clarksonís trade is the kind of insults school students dream about making. Whatís interesting about Top Gear is that everyone thinks itís about cars. It isnít. Itís about men and their relationships. - BBCís W. Garvie.

Last edited by testshootcom; 09-20-2011 at 08:46 PM..

ScHpAnKy

Quote:
TSRH

"Rock Meets Oilpan" is not a love story. The other issue slamming an E30 is the cat, that is the next lowest point and it will hit/scrape on everything.
what is this... cat... you speak of?

Such a waste on the 2.7e, I've got 2 885 heads now that could take advantage of the new exhaust, though, and a bavauto chip for that extra cherry on top... all in my grandma-gold grocery getter

here's top-side (don't mind the mess, that eta head is getting the fuck out of there when my e30m50 is on the road)

I have an o2 sensor in there now, that's actually right before I installed it.

Quote:
I sit and drool over E30s all day at work. Sad thing is I could buy ALL of the ones on Craigslist right now, yet I don't want to spend more than $1500 :/ odd thing, right? if not an e30, maybe this? http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...579220170.html

I hear ya, my last two were under $2k combined including maintenance and registration fees

I was thinking unimog would be a little more useful, but as far as understated rides, that enormous red firetruck seems to tick all the right checkboxes!

[H]ard|On

Quote:
it's aftermarket, e30's and e36's have rediculously low oilpans - it's literally the lowest point on the car for some fucked up reason

slammed e30's tend to run skidplates as a result, especially with engines like the m50 (which this is actually for, but I'm using it on whatever car gets this suspension)

It's durable as FUCK - the other day I hit a bump at a speed [much] greater than I care to admit, and all it did was that neat little skidplate bark and keep on coasting without so much as shock to the driveline.

So far, my favorite investment.

I have the metal tin undertray but the X-brace covers the oil pan and takes the abuse... Is there one off a vert on e30s that you can use or antyhing like with e36?

[H]ard|On

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/2602951058.html

Heres a vert with sr20det and polished contours

DuMa

interesting car. shame all those goodies are wasted on a vert and dbs. if it was like maybe 2 grand cheaper, i'd get it for the 5 lug and the SR.

[H]ard|On

yeah I'm not into verts.... I'd like an e30 with an e36 motor, but I'll pass on the sr

ScHpAnKy

Quote:
I have the metal tin undertray but the X-brace covers the oil pan and takes the abuse... Is there one off a vert on e30s that you can use or antyhing like with e36?

interesting - you would think that the e36 would have the engine mounted lower in the body than an e30, but it makes sense since the e36 learn something new everyday.

maybe, but the skidplate is a better alternative

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa View Post
interesting car. shame all those goodies are wasted on a vert and dbs. if it was like maybe 2 grand cheaper, i'd get it for the 5 lug and the SR.

my thoughts mostly, except for the DB's - the older I get the more I like 'em