General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
I would think so too yes because you KNOW he'd brag all about his time. If it was anything worth bragging about.

I'm thinking he runs supra style 11s

Maybe similar dyno graphs?
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 08-26-2011, 07:03 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#196  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
The V6 will be completely behind the front axle, with room to spare, and with a lower center of gravity; that BowelMovementWackoff motor has half the motor ahead of the front axle line, is taller than the empire state building, and will cost as much as the Lybian GNP to fix when the daswirkruffle lock pin breaks.

Small car yes but still motor isn't too terribly forward; I think you forgot which way the hood opens.

Height wise it's about the same as the original motor
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-26-2011, 07:13 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#197  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Small car yes but still motor isn't too terribly forward; I think you forgot which way the hood opens.

Height wise it's about the same as the original motor

Good point, I forgot about that.

But that means a nice v6 is so far behind the front axle, it's not even funny. Hell, that i6 in the pic has at least one cylinder ahead of the front axle.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 08-26-2011, 07:17 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#198  

mekilljoydammit
[H]Cars refugee and rotary whore at large
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Hell, drop a modern V6 in there... Say, 3.5L 300 HP Ecoboost... or step up to the 360hp turbo one from the F150... I think it would be a nice fit and make that car haul ass, with decent weight balance to boot.

You know, I can't help but like this idea. I wonder if anyone is ever going to come up with a way to get them making much more power while still being direct injected...

Or, since you don't like the RX-8 with a rotary (I do, but not going to get into an argument about it) what about, instead of the Mazda/Ford turbo4 like you proposed, they put the Ecoboost V6 in the platform? I know Mazda isn't using that specific variant of the V6 in anything, but they're using every other variant so it's all but in their parts bin... hm, hell, minor upgrade in power output and you have a direct Corvette fighter.

Not that they'll do it, but that could be fun.
__________________
Everything is a gag...

We thought it must be possible to make an interesting living messing about with racing cars and engines." -Keith Duckworth

Driving: A nice practical sedate car... '03 WRX
Shooting: Canon P, Zorki 6, Nikon D5100, 1911, FAL
Old 08-26-2011, 07:37 PM mekilljoydammit is offline  
Reply With Quote
#199  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekilljoydammit View Post
You know, I can't help but like this idea. I wonder if anyone is ever going to come up with a way to get them making much more power while still being direct injected...

Or, since you don't like the RX-8 with a rotary (I do, but not going to get into an argument about it) what about, instead of the Mazda/Ford turbo4 like you proposed, they put the Ecoboost V6 in the platform? I know Mazda isn't using that specific variant of the V6 in anything, but they're using every other variant so it's all but in their parts bin... hm, hell, minor upgrade in power output and you have a direct Corvette fighter.

Not that they'll do it, but that could be fun.

I've been wanting to do this with any number of cars:
  • Miata: if I had gotten my wife's uncle's 89, i'd've done that;
  • Caterham/Locost: this would make a killer combo;
  • Any brit sports car: same result, light weight, good power, damn fast car.

damn near any modern v6 can do this, and the packaging isn't all that difficult. With a blower or turbo, all sorts of mad power can be made, especially if the motor is built. And more torque than an i4, but without the insano torque of a v8, and the package is a better fit.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 08-26-2011, 07:55 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#200  

Jehannum
 
Jehannum's Avatar
 
IMO, the straight 6 in that Triumph is more suited to the character of the car than a V6 of any stripe.

After all, that's what was in there originally.

I may be a confused individual, but I thought that the Ecoboost was kind of a nightmare in terms of packaging, too. Kinda like the VR38 in the GTR, or the VG30 in my Datsun.
__________________
Your powers are useless! I'm wearing my tin foil underwear!

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:51 AM Jehannum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#201  

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theWITNESS View Post
Do it. There was an '05 up here at a reputed exotic broker for $69,000 with less than 15K on it.

no shit? is there an ad site out there for used bentleys? I've been using ebay/cars/yahoocars, which have them. But the used bentleys in the 60-70 grand range have 50+ thousand miles on it. Kind of a bummer.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:21 AM Vendetta is offline  
Reply With Quote
#202  

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable
 
Why_Ask_Why's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
no shit? is there an ad site out there for used bentleys? I've been using ebay/cars/yahoocars, which have them. But the used bentleys in the 60-70 grand range have 50+ thousand miles on it. Kind of a bummer.

you're fired

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/
__________________
Gee, I'm real sorry your mom blew up, Ricky.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:57 AM Why_Ask_Why is offline  
Reply With Quote
#203  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehannum View Post
IMO, the straight 6 in that Triumph is more suited to the character of the car than a V6 of any stripe.

After all, that's what was in there originally.

I may be a confused individual, but I thought that the Ecoboost was kind of a nightmare in terms of packaging, too. Kinda like the VR38 in the GTR, or the VG30 in my Datsun.

Yes, you are confused, but only because you swallow nissin jizz.

Even an n/a 3.5 or 3.7 would produce a chunk of usable power and torque; yes, not quite as smooth, but USABLE. That car would be faster that an assfucked simian, and if it had the brakes would be a terror on the road course.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 08-27-2011, 03:51 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#204  

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by why_ask_why View Post

thanks buddy
Old 08-27-2011, 05:24 PM Vendetta is offline  
Reply With Quote
#205  

crshbndct
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post



Eh... It's kinda ugly...

its pretty quick though. which is all that really gets me going about cars. how fast they are on a track
__________________
Just say "NO" to FWD
Tyrian>*
Old 08-27-2011, 08:09 PM crshbndct is offline  
Reply With Quote
#206  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crshbndct View Post
its pretty quick though. which is all that really gets me going about cars. how fast they are on a track

Behind the wheel, I'm sure it's great... Just don't look back when you walk away...
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 08-27-2011, 08:39 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#207  

asdsad
pwned
 
my '03 accord with 160,000 miles on it. just got the cig power sockets fixed
__________________
the original aoeoae
Old 08-27-2011, 11:41 PM asdsad is offline  
Reply With Quote
#208  

AtomicFire
 
AtomicFire's Avatar
 
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi | project slut
2006 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD | daily slut
Old 08-28-2011, 06:11 PM AtomicFire is offline  
Reply With Quote
#209  

colinshark
 
colinshark's Avatar
 
Another FD. This one has stock internals, ports, and suspension.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
Two running FC RX-7s
Old 08-29-2011, 01:12 AM colinshark is offline  
Reply With Quote
#210  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.