General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

The Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalinjoe View Post
That's a lotta money too. Those Fore Fuel Hats are like $450 alone. Then you add the pumps, y block, fittings, hoses.

When my friend did his (he used 2 Ford GT pumps) he spent about 2 grand for the whole shebang.

Well shit, send me the measurements/pictures. Sounds like something I could easily CNC.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Thermo1223

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoon43 View Post
Funny enough the turbo setup netted me 18 on the highway, and that was at 713 at the wheels. Snails sip compared to superchargers. Now, once I get into boost? Lol... I don't care. It's worth it.

Fuck 18 is a gift

E85 would be nice, better cheaper O rating and cleaner burning as long as you are stainless which is a given.

Shame E85 is only available past the Mississippi in vast quantities i'd try it.
Range - GTFO god :rolleyes:

ritalinjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spyder View Post
Well shit, send me the measurements/pictures. Sounds like something I could easily CNC.

I believe it's patented.

Crazy beautiful design though. It's a fuckin work of art that you stick in your gas tank and hopefully never see again.

Fore isn't currently producing it for whatever reason. but another company picked up their design.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/03-...nifold-p-37291

Division X is the company. And it's 50 bucks cheaper than the Fore fuel hat. Now I've heard Fore is going to pick up production again in the near or distant future, but believe me, it's one of the most beautifully machined parts I have ever seen,

They also used to produce a rear diff cover that looked like it could withstand an atomic bomb.

ritalinjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermo1223 View Post
Fuck 18 is a gift

E85 would be nice, better cheaper O rating and cleaner burning as long as you are stainless which is a given.

Shame E85 is only available past the Mississippi in vast quantities i'd try it.

We ran my buddy's Cobra up to Maryland a few months ago and without getting into boost we got an average of 18.5mpg.

Stay out of boost and you get pretty good gas mileage. Hit it hard and you don't. It's not like his glorified F150 is special in that department.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalinjoe View Post
We ran my buddy's Cobra up to Maryland a few months ago and without getting into boost we got an average of 18.5mpg.

Stay out of boost and you get pretty good gas mileage. Hit it hard and you don't. It's not like his glorified F150 is special in that department.

Actually, it kinda is, I can't get more than 12 even if I granny it around. getting 18-20 is quite special, especially for those aerodynamic bricks.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Typhoon43

I decided since it was labor day that I'd drive down to the shop and actually put some labor in.

Out with the old

Got some really nice 90 fittings that had adjustable bulkheads so you could rotate the output easily.

Now for the weatherproof butt connector action

Loomed and ready to go in

-10 AN Feed and -8AN return ready for action

10 Micron Areomotive inline filter installed. I took the stock filter bracket and re-drilled the frame and mounted it outside for easier accesibility.

All in all a very productive day. Now I'm just waiting on my heads to get finished, and then I can get my engine assembled and get back to some 4 Valve Turbo Love Action.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Yay!

I have to ask, tho: how does that billet aluminum stuff hold up to the ethanol in fuel? I've heard it tends to not like it much.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

SamFarber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spyder View Post
Next time, PM me and I will get you Denso Supra TT pumps for my cost instead of shitty walbro's.

Where's walbro?

Typhoon43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Yay!

I have to ask, tho: how does that billet aluminum stuff hold up to the ethanol in fuel? I've heard it tends to not like it much.

From what I've read billet is just fine in E85