General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleJ View Post
Positive. Ran a rag around it and there was no fresh oil.



And I thought there was supposed to be no shit replies in a subforum?
That was until Sanjay made all threads started in subforums visible in main..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 09-15-2011, 12:38 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

DoubleJ
i make wiggles happy on the inside and horny on the outside
 
DoubleJ's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d114 View Post
is that a blockoff plate on the side of the engine, above the pool of oil? is it leaking from there?

rechecked and, sadly, this is the culprit. Fuck. I just had the damned upper apart this weekend, now I gotta do it again
__________________
FULL BLOWN MEAT GAYZER
Old 09-15-2011, 12:48 PM DoubleJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

d114
 
Fortunately Ford makes an inexpensive 300 horsepower bolt-in replacement.



the rest of the car and it's hideous paint job... well... yea, it's totalled.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:49 AM d114 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

uRizen
 
uRizen's Avatar
 
Clean the rest of the shit off that engine, fill up the oil, drive then see if you get a better idea of where it's coming from.
__________________
Gen[M]ay Rotary Club
Old 09-16-2011, 11:04 AM uRizen is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d114 View Post
Fortunately Ford makes an inexpensive 300 horsepower bolt-in replacement.



the rest of the car and it's hideous paint job... well... yea, it's totalled.

He painted the coolant overflow

I guess if you're too cheap to get a powdercoated one but still want to be baller
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 09-17-2011, 03:59 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

Nevermore
I <3 d4rkme4t
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
He painted the coolant overflow

I guess if you're too cheap to get a powdercoated one but still want to be baller

What's worse, spending a few seconds making something useless look better .. or wasting a pile of cash making something useless .. even more useless?
__________________
_--_|\
/ #AUZLAND
\_.--._/
.......v
<domisi> i'm not in anyone's sig
\(_o)/ IRC Partay!! \(o_)/
Old 09-17-2011, 05:44 AM Nevermore is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.
 
asa's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d114 View Post
is that a blockoff plate on the side of the engine, above the pool of oil? is it leaking from there?

Rocker arm cover, JJ i told you originally that it looked like the oil leak was coming from there, not the valve cover.

Edit- not rocker arm, lifter cover.
__________________
1967 Ford Mustang, Inline Six, will i ever get this T5 installed?
my build
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=786083

Asa of the Infidel Crew
Old 09-17-2011, 03:49 PM asa is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
What's worse, spending a few seconds making something useless look better .. or wasting a pile of cash making something useless .. even more useless?

It's not useless, it's necessary; and whether or not that looks better is debatable. Actually not it isn't - that looks like blue baboon asshole.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 09-17-2011, 04:15 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

DoubleJ
i make wiggles happy on the inside and horny on the outside
 
DoubleJ's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
Rocker arm cover, JJ i told you originally that it looked like the oil leak was coming from there, not the valve cover.

Edit- not rocker arm, lifter cover.

Well, the valve cover was leaking too. This gasket looks way easier to fix.
__________________
FULL BLOWN MEAT GAYZER
Old 09-18-2011, 08:38 AM DoubleJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

Nevermore
I <3 d4rkme4t
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
It's not useless, it's necessary; and whether or not that looks better is debatable. Actually not it isn't - that looks like blue baboon asshole.





edit:
__________________
_--_|\
/ #AUZLAND
\_.--._/
.......v
<domisi> i'm not in anyone's sig
\(_o)/ IRC Partay!! \(o_)/
Old 09-18-2011, 11:22 AM Nevermore is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

d114
 
ahhh fuck that just get the barra six already. It's a great engine, bolt in and you can expect years of reliable service out of it.


Plus whenver it leaks you can fix it with RTV. That's the normal australian parameter for fixing leaks anyways.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:40 AM d114 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:05 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.