General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grjr View Post
I doubt you would be able to find an aftermarket stock replacement radiator without the integrated ATF cooler, it seems that is just easier for them to make all radiators with the ATF cooler then to worry about making two different radiators.

Just be sure to unscrew the Schrader valve from the end of your compression tester before you start. You should put each cylinder at or near TDC for this test and watch out for the crank rotating when you apply pressure to the cylinder.

Oh okay I don't feel quite so bad then.

It says the cooler is 12-13/16ths or something... So literally HALF of this mother fucker is dead weight?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I think I bought a radiator with a transmission cooler built in...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...m=290588566251

which does fuckall for a 5sp car

and is a waste of space

and defeats the entire purpose of buying a wider/larger radiator, because 50% of the fucking thing won't be cooling a goddamn thing

Oil cooler?

Asa of the Infidel Crew

Jehannum

Quote:
Oh okay I don't feel quite so bad then.

It says the cooler is 12-13/16ths or something... So literally HALF of this mother fucker is dead weight?

Dude, the ATF coolers are usually within one end tank, they don't use any of the rows.

Have you ever considered not doing a half-assed job on everything you do?

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.

KorruptioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehannum View Post

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Dude, the ATF coolers are usually within one end tank, they don't use any of the rows.

How exactly would you suggest I perform this work on this...

SEVENTEEN HUNDRED dollar car?

Aluminum racing radiator? Alcohol injection? T3/T4?

Yeah good idea. For a $1700 car.

A beater.

And as other dude pointed out, I wouldn't have been able to find a radiator without an ATF cooler so I don't exactly understand how I'm supposed to give this project a full ass... Or understand what the correct way to go about this would be...

What? Get a USED radiator without an ATF cooler?

Explain. I'm calling you out right now. Fucking explain how I'm supposed to do this "properly..." and "not half-assed"

But this is Genmay, and everyone is expected to rehash the same hackneyed shit over and over again not explaining themselves just making smartass remarks that ultimately don't mean a fucking thing.

I'm doing the best I can with the money I have. $46 shipped for a brand new radiator with a warranty, $23 shipped for a 12" electric fan. Another $12 for some coolant and the car will be perfect again.

Last edited by GhEttOrAiD; 09-24-2011 at 08:39 PM..

grjr

Quote:

A beater.

all the other ricers are doing it...

you know you want to

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grjr View Post
all the other ricers are doing it...

you know you want to

blarrgghgh I was gonna buy a red or yellow tyep arrr electric radiator fan but settled on black.

Jehannum

Quote:
How exactly would you suggest I perform this work on this...

SEVENTEEN HUNDRED dollar car?

A beater.

And as other dude pointed out, I wouldn't have been able to find a radiator without an ATF cooler so I don't exactly understand how I'm supposed to give this project a full ass... Or understand what the correct way to go about this would be...

What? Get a USED radiator without an ATF cooler?

Explain. I'm calling you out right now. Fucking explain how I'm supposed to do this "properly..." and "not half-assed"

But this is Genmay, and everyone is expected to rehash the same hackneyed shit over and over again not explaining themselves just making smartass remarks that ultimately don't mean a fucking thing.

I'm doing the best I can with the money I have. $46 shipped for a brand new radiator with a warranty, $23 shipped for a 12" electric fan. Another $12 for some coolant and the car will be perfect again.

Go to Honda, buy a replacement radiator for your model and year. That's how you do it properly. Hell, go to Napa and buy it.

You could at least bother to understand how an ATF cooler works inside a radiator.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Go to Honda, buy a replacement radiator for your model and year. That's how you do it properly. Hell, go to Napa and buy it.

You could at least bother to understand how an ATF cooler works inside a radiator.

Hold on a second bro.

Did you just advise me to buy a replacement part for my car...

AT A DEALERSHIP?!?!?!?!

Okay. Shit has officially hit the fan.

You have lost your fucking mind and you should probably hang up your mouse and keyboard RIGHT NOW.

Just to humor you, (And to expose how stupid this statement is) I'm going to price out an OEM radiator on Honda's website.

Yep. Three hundred dollars.

In order to live up to Jehaanum's standards, I would have to have spent $300 smackers plus shipping plus tax (Plus he'd probably advise me to get the part installed by the dealership as well) for this radiator.

I rest my case. You have diarrhea of the fingers and should get the fuck off of my internets.

I spent $46.00. No I am not aware of what the note on my auction meant by "12-13/16ths = ATF cooler" but I also didn't spend one fifth of the price of my entire car on one part.

Last edited by GhEttOrAiD; 09-25-2011 at 08:19 AM..

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.

hey, jackass
you can't get OE parts outside the dealership? i mean, i know my truck probably at least as much aftermarket support as yours, including restoration places, and i can get an NOS radiator from three or four places

also, he said get it from NAPA

Asa of the Infidel Crew

grjr

fuck bitches, the radiator he bought has an ATF cooler... so fucking what? I bet you that most the manual transmission cars on the road that have had their radiators replaced with an aftermarket radiator have a stupid ATF cooler installed that isn't doing shit. It doesn't really matter. Get over it

Jehannum

Quote:
Hold on a second bro.

Did you just advise me to buy a replacement part for my car...

AT A DEALERSHIP?!?!?!?!

Okay. Shit has officially hit the fan.

You have lost your fucking mind and you should probably hang up your mouse and keyboard RIGHT NOW.

Just to humor you, (And to expose how stupid this statement is) I'm going to price out an OEM radiator on Honda's website.

Yep. Three hundred dollars.

In order to live up to Jehaanum's standards, I would have to have spent $300 smackers plus shipping plus tax (Plus he'd probably advise me to get the part installed by the dealership as well) for this radiator.

I rest my case. You have diarrhea of the fingers and should get the fuck off of my internets.

I spent $46.00. No I am not aware of what the note on my auction meant by "12-13/16ths = ATF cooler" but I also didn't spend one fifth of the price of my entire car on one part.

$300 for a radiator ain't that bad, brah. You could get it on rockauto from the same shitty China parts house for about what you paid on fleabay ($46, for what I am assuming is a '97 Civic DX), and probably not have gotten raped on shipping.

Surely you must have realized that, despite you dragging the resale value of your car down by doing stupid shit like painting it with a rattlecan, some parts that need replacement will cost money. By cheaping out in the first place, you're practically guaranteeing that you'll need to replace at least one or two parts on the car on down the line.

I only buy parts for my cars at the dealership, but because I'm a member of the Z club, I get them for about same price as I could by typing them in at nissanparts.cc, but I win because I don't have to pay shipping.

AtomicFire

You are a fucking full-on retard if a $1700 car implies that you should half ass and botch the shit out of all of your repairs. The fact that you only spent $1700 on the car probably means there a lot of other stuff that was already wrong with the car to begin with, and you need to take that money you saved from buying that heaping pile of shit and make a quality repair that isn't going to leave you stranded in the shit side of down and get you a free asshole enlargement.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Okay I guess I don't understand how spending $300 on a radiator (Or, okay, $227 on Rockauto for a 'nice' aftermarket radiator) would somehow be better than spending $46 on an eBay aftermarket radiator or whatever the fuck Napa would charge would somehow improve the value of the car...

My car's paint was faded, cracked, the clear coat was completely gone from the hood so I rattlecanned it. Again, rather than spending $700 on an earl scheib job.

Listen, this car was bought to be driven into the ground, I understand that, I don't buy cars then flip them, and nobody buying a '94 Civic EX is going to give two shits whether I bought a radiator for $300 or whether I bought it for $46, they're just going to want a running car, just like I did when I bought this vehicle.

Saying that buying an inexpensive radiator is somehow "half-assing" a job is flawed logic, and throwing $300 into a car that I spent so little on would be a major error in judgment.

And hey, guess what? I don't HAVE $300 to spend on a genuine replacement radiator.. This radiator will work, it will last, and my car will be running just as long if not longer than if I had spent a small fortune on genuine parts.

I seriously hope I have to eat those words, and my car explodes the second this DIRTY FILTHY EBAY HALFASS RADIATOR touches my front clip. A car is replaceable, a forum that used to be half decent that has now been filled with elitist retard pricks who know fuckall about anything and advocate frivolous wasting of money is much harder to replace.

Jehannum

Quote:
Okay I guess I don't understand how spending $300 on a radiator (Or, okay, $227 on Rockauto for a 'nice' aftermarket radiator) would somehow be better than spending $46 on an eBay aftermarket radiator or whatever the fuck Napa would charge would somehow improve the value of the car...

My car's paint was faded, cracked, the clear coat was completely gone from the hood so I rattlecanned it. Again, rather than spending $700 on an earl scheib job.

Listen, this car was bought to be driven into the ground, I understand that, I don't buy cars then flip them, and nobody buying a '94 Civic EX is going to give two shits whether I bought a radiator for $300 or whether I bought it for $46, they're just going to want a running car, just like I did when I bought this vehicle.

Saying that buying an inexpensive radiator is somehow "half-assing" a job is flawed logic, and throwing $300 into a car that I spent so little on would be a major error in judgment.

And hey, guess what? I don't HAVE $300 to spend on a genuine replacement radiator.. This radiator will work, it will last, and my car will be running just as long if not longer than if I had spent a small fortune on genuine parts.

I seriously hope I have to eat those words, and my car explodes the second this DIRTY FILTHY EBAY HALFASS RADIATOR touches my front clip. A car is replaceable, a forum that used to be half decent that has now been filled with elitist retard pricks who know fuckall about anything and advocate frivolous wasting of money is much harder to replace.

If you don't have $300, you can't afford to have a car, fucktard. I'd say "get a Huffy", but then you'd probably buy some ebay seat for your fat ass that wouldn't fit (and then complain about it on the internet).

It's not the amount spent that makes it a half-assed job. The part that makes it a half-assed job is the fact that you ran out and bought some POS radiator before you had any idea whether it would work or not. That's why you RESEARCH before you put money down.

As far as know-nothing elitist pricks go, let me know when you've rebuilt from scratch one of the most complex Japanese cars from the '90s by yourself, or managed a restoration from the ground up on a much-loved classic and not fucked it up. My credentials aren't in question here, yours are.