General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uRizen View Post
Is that radiator properly sized? The one in my wife's '96 Civic is half that size with the AC condenser filling the right side of the front section.

Open timing cover too, eh? Brave man, hope nothing ever falls under the cover and you have a dead steady hand filling your oil.

It's an 91-93 Integra radiator, probably a little over twice the size of the stock radiator.

Yeah, that was the doing of the shady mexican I bought the car from. Far from an ideal setup. And it's not like it has a fancy tunable cam or anything, no reason to show off the fugly brass hunk of metal.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

grjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by uRizen View Post
Open timing cover too, eh? Brave man, hope nothing ever falls under the cover and you have a dead steady hand filling your oil.

THIS

Every time I see this I cringe, I don't understand why so many people want to show off the timing belt, the covers are there to protect the damn thing, cause you know... it is sort of important that is doesn't get damaged and break

Aseras

If the cooling system isn't sealed it can't pressurize. This is how the coolant can be 250-260F and not boil over, it's under pressure like a pressure cooker. If it cant pressurize it will overheat and you'll loose coolant as steam, and steam also happens to be super corrosive to everything and it will eat larger holes out of anywhere it is leaking. Fix the shit right, stop trying to rig it macguyver style or it'll cost you a lot more.