General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt00926 View Post
It still makes more sense to tackle the demand, not the supply, since the supply is endless. Don't you love capitalism?

supply is not actually endless, immigration rates are falling under recession conditions.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pepperochini

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
I'm not a large company, I'm an independent contractor. Most of my work is for individual homeowners. I rarely work for general contractors because, you guessed it, they're using illegals. But here's how it works:

A homeowner wants some work done, they solicit bids to get the work done. I come in, with my legit status and paying taxes, cost I have to take into account when giving an estimate. Other tile contractors come in, but since they themselves are illegal or at the least uses illegals, they don't have to factor in the overhead and taxes that I do. They also don't have to factor in the standard of living I'm trying to provide for my family. Since many illegals are single men living together, sharing rent in a cheap place, they don't have the living expenses I do. They are deliberately choosing a lower standard of living, FOR HERE, because to them it is a high standard of compared to where they are from. The money they are able to send home goes a lot further then it does here.

All said and done, illegals undercut me by usually 50% on average. Guess what that means? I don't get the job. Where I used to be able to get (some) of the work because my work was quality, and (some) people are willing to pay for quality, even that "advantage" is getting diluted because so much poor quality is out there that it has become the de facto standard. I'm shocked and saddened nowadays by how many homeowners don't know the difference. All of the work they've seen is shitty so that becomes their benchmark. I've had homeowners smiling and saying "Didn't my tile guy do a nice job!" and I'm sitting there shaking my head.

You know how some folks have been outsourced because their jobs "went overseas" to cheap labor? Well for me and the hundreds of thousands others like me the cheap labor came here. And so I've been outsourced in my own country.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Now that I've actually had time to read the details of the new law (which isn't really new at all) instead of the cherry picked sensationalist that the liberal media was trying to push on everyone...I can't say I disagree with what they're going to do. However, I'm still concerned that racial profiling will still occur even though Arizona lawmakers try to say that it won't be tolerated. I say we just watch Zona closely and see what happens before any of the other border states consider similar legislation....the Texas governor has has already publicly said that it won't happen here though..

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

topcat989

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperochini View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Thanks, but you do realize that means that you are now an evil white supremist neo nazi hatemongering racist?

At least, that's what the pro illegals crowd will tell you.........

Xayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I know the law doesn't explicitly state this. However, that human judgement (which included the intention of making this law) is biased towards Hispanics.

Because you can be damn sure, even those there's a recent high influx of them, that Canadians will not be stopped or even questioned.

i dunno, it's pretty easy to spot a canadian...

a) bad suit
b) mullet
c) mispronunciation of word offense

Coqui

Quote:
Thanks, but you do realize that means that you are now an evil white supremist neo nazi hatemongering racist?

At least, that's what the pro illegals crowd will tell you.........

No you labeled yourself as one when you said illegals only speak Spanish and have tan skin.

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Now that I've actually had time to read the details of the new law (which isn't really new at all) instead of the cherry picked sensationalist that the liberal media was trying to push on everyone...I can't say I disagree with what they're going to do. However, I'm still concerned that racial profiling will still occur even though Arizona lawmakers try to say that it won't be tolerated. I say we just watch Zona closely and see what happens before any of the other border states consider similar legislation....the Texas governor has has already publicly said that it won't happen here though..

Frankly, it's still going to be racial profiling. I don't just means against Hispanics. I mean when a white person gets pulled over and acts nervously, they're going to instantly assume drugs. When a person of any other color or with an accent gets nervous they'll assume illegals. Frankly I think they should ask everyone they pull over.

So yeah it is....but since they're doing something illegal, there should be no reason to complain. As I've said numerous times in here, my concern was randomly stopping Hispanics to check their status.

topcat989

Quote:
No you labeled yourself as one when you said illegals only speak Spanish and have tan skin.

you'd make a great liberal journalist the way you twist the fuck out of things and take words out of context, then paraphrase them.

Coqui

Quote:
you'd make a great liberal journalist the way you twist the fuck out of things and take words out of context, then paraphrase them.

Actually I'd make a horrible one. There's some things I lean to the right regarding.

You'd make a great conservative journalist how you ignore the very things you said and try to make a point that you never said them.

Here's the statement I made:
Quote:

And here's what I'm calling you out on.

Quote:
If the mass majority of people in this country are of hispanic "race" (and you're fucking []ting yourself if you say NO THEY AIN'TS[tard] ) then racial profiling is a reasonable tool to use to enforce the law. I'm right in the middle of WE [heart] ILLEGALS! land, and it's preety easy to quess the illegal 99 times out of a 100. You could do the illegals version of foxworthy's "you might be a redneck if...." routine.

If you see a 30yr or older hispanic riding a bike in work clothes......he might be an illegal

If you see a hispanic hang out with other hispanics at the home depot parking lot......he might be an illegal....and the percentages go up from 99.99345% to 100% when there's 40 fucking bikes chained to the trees around the hispanics

If you get wrecked by a hispanic and they "hit &run" ......they might be an illegal

If you hear a hispanic speak spanish but cannot speak english......he might be an illegal

If you see hispanics in medical facilities that need to be spoken to in spanish by bi-lingual medical staff......he might be an illegal

If a hispanic is a member of MS-13, Mexican mafia, or the norentanous or surenous gangs......he might be an illegal

If he marches in the street waving a mexican flag on the 4th of july......he might be an illegal

How exactly did I twist what you said now? There is no paraphrasing. That was your entire post

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

topcat989 = huge racist

topcat989

Quote:

Actually I'd make a horrible one. There's some things I lean to the right regarding.

You'd make a great conservative journalist how you ignore the very things you said and try to make a point that you never said them.

Here's the statement I made:

And here's what I'm calling you out on.

How exactly did I twist what you said now? There is no paraphrasing. That was your entire post

Everything I said is true. Notice I also used the qualifier :"Might be". I was not, and never said, "All, every single one, etc". I was simply pointing out that illegals are pretty easy to spot, at least where I live. Drive into a home depot, and see a group of hispanics, dressed in work clothes hanging out next to trees that have bikes chained to them. Yeah, every single one of them is a American citizen or legal immigrant. *wink*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
topcat989 = huge racist

Define racist.

Coqui

Quote:
I was simply pointing out that illegals are pretty easy to spot, at least where I live.

Which means illegals are easy to spot because they look Hispanic. As you said, you qualified your statement......now you're blanketing it again. Shouldn't it be some illegals are easy to spot?

Quote:
Define racist.
I would call you more bigoted than racist now that I think more about it.

topcat989

Quote:
Which means illegals are easy to spot because they look Hispanic. As you said, you qualified your statement......now you're blanketing it again. Shouldn't it be some illegals are easy to spot?

I would call you more bigoted than racist now that I think more about it.

and now you're hiding behind sematics...again. It's clear that I say that only ONE of the characistics of an illegal is being hispanic, I also add other charactisitics like grouped together at a home depot parking lot while wearing work clothes near a bunch of bicycles chained to trees...

you're trying so hard to twist it that I say all Hispanics are illegals....so blatantly obvious you have to twist what I say to make it "racist".

and, define "bigot"

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
and now you're hiding behind sematics...again. It's clear that I say that only ONE of the characistics of an illegal is being hispanic, I also add other charactisitics like grouped together at a home depot parking lot while wearing work clothes near a bunch of bicycles chained to trees...

you're trying so hard to twist it that I say all Hispanics are illegals....so blatantly obvious you have to twist what I say to make it "racist".

and, define "bigot"

you form unshakable opinions built around easy stereotypes that demonstrate your prejudice towards others, mostly brown people.

Coqui

Quote:
It's clear that I say that only ONE of the characistics of an illegal is being hispanic

Do you think before you post? You just said that there are many characteristics of an illegal, but ONE is definitely bein Hispanic.

That may have not been your intention, but that's exactly what you said.

Quote:
and, define "bigot"
Ignorance towards a race is bigot
Hatred towards a race is racist.