General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
mikeawesome
Baloneyflaps is my lord. I have asked him into my heart.
 
mikeawesome's Avatar
 
whats wrong with the stock stereo
__________________
RIP Malamute
Old 12-30-2013, 10:17 PM mikeawesome is offline  
Reply With Quote
#541  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
stock stereo in a base model 91 normally aspirated MR2?

oh i dont know maybe the fact that cassettes arent made any more?
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 12-30-2013, 10:20 PM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#542  

RazorWind
 
RazorWind's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
no the cable is still intact inside the car, but I have no clue whether anything is back there in the engine bay. my mechanic thinks that the electronic sender is probably on the 93+ transmission I have and he plans to just use that. But then again he hasn't even laid eyes on the car yet.

So, is the speedo cable just loose in the engine bay?

If so, what you need to do is get the SPEEDOMETER DRIVE GEAR from a 1991 or 1992 MR2, and install that in your 1993+ transaxle in place of the electronic sensor.

http://www.stephenmason.com/cars/mr2speedo.html

More info there. If you dig a little, I'm sure you can find the right part from somebody's parts car, or a rear clip or something someone bought.

There's really no need to take the dash apart.
__________________
90f54f9cfb4106d1ef0e6a82e53f14
Old 12-31-2013, 08:32 AM RazorWind is offline  
Reply With Quote
#543  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeawesome View Post
whats wrong with the stock stereo

it's from last century.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 12-31-2013, 10:04 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#544  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
did this today



my previous battery did pass their testing but it was old as shit
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 12-31-2013, 01:08 PM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#545  

mikeawesome
Baloneyflaps is my lord. I have asked him into my heart.
 
mikeawesome's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
stock stereo in a base model 91 normally aspirated MR2?

oh i dont know maybe the fact that cassettes arent made any more?

cassette adapter
__________________
RIP Malamute
Old 12-31-2013, 01:16 PM mikeawesome is offline  
Reply With Quote
#546  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeawesome View Post
cassette adapter

also the original stereo I got with the car was already aftermarket, I don't even know where I would get a stock head unit.
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 12-31-2013, 01:23 PM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#547  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
did this today



my previous battery did pass their testing but it was old as shit

Is that the frunk?

wait. so this thing has literally zero storage space?
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 12-31-2013, 01:28 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#548  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Is that the frunk?

wait. so this thing has literally zero storage space?


thats the frunk yeah


I also have a rear trunk thats about 11/2 feetxwidth of carx21/4' deep

good enough for groceries

some people hollow the trunk out and put in a trunk mount intercooler and fans



It's the MRS/"mkiii" MR2 Spyder that has shit storage space, they don't get a trunk at all. Just a slightly less hardware-stor-ey frunk I'd imagine.
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 12-31-2013, 01:30 PM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#549  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
I think I prolly bought more battery than I needed as SA points out... great...

BORKED
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 12-31-2013, 01:37 PM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#550  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
I have long wanted to use optima batteries but they never seemed to have a direct fit battery for any of my applications.

I use Interstate AGM batteries which I can get in seemingly any size I want.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 12-31-2013, 01:52 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#551  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
thats the frunk yeah


I also have a rear trunk thats about 11/2 feetxwidth of carx21/4' deep

good enough for groceries

some people hollow the trunk out and put in a trunk mount intercooler and fans



It's the MRS/"mkiii" MR2 Spyder that has shit storage space, they don't get a trunk at all. Just a slightly less hardware-stor-ey frunk I'd imagine.

Ahh, OK, it's got the little rear trunk after the engine bay like a Fiero.

lol at intercoolers in the trunk. that is ridic
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 12-31-2013, 01:53 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#552  

RazorWind
 
RazorWind's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Is that the frunk?

wait. so this thing has literally zero storage space?

No, there's quite a bit of space up in the front, especially with the spare tire out, but it also has a decently sized trunk in the rear, behind the engine.
__________________
90f54f9cfb4106d1ef0e6a82e53f14
Old 12-31-2013, 02:36 PM RazorWind is offline  
Reply With Quote
#553  

RazorWind
 
RazorWind's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
It's the MRS/"mkiii" MR2 Spyder that has shit storage space, they don't get a trunk at all. Just a slightly less hardware-stor-ey frunk I'd imagine.

The Spyder actually has an even more hardware stor-ey frunk than the Mark 2 does. There's a huge plastic cover over it, and a plastic bucket thing for the spare tire, but there's not really a compartment otherwise. You can see straight through to the ground between the frame rails if you remove the plastic shroud.



It does have a bit of store space behind the seats, under the mechanism for the top. It's just big enough to fit two overnight duffel bags in there, if they're not totally full. Forget about any type of hard or semi-hard suitcase, though.
__________________
90f54f9cfb4106d1ef0e6a82e53f14
Old 12-31-2013, 02:41 PM RazorWind is offline  
Reply With Quote
#554  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
The Spyder actually has an even more hardware stor-ey frunk than the Mark 2 does. There's a huge plastic cover over it, and a plastic bucket thing for the spare tire, but there's not really a compartment otherwise. You can see straight through to the ground between the frame rails if you remove the plastic shroud.



It does have a bit of store space behind the seats, under the mechanism for the top. It's just big enough to fit two overnight duffel bags in there, if they're not totally full. Forget about any type of hard or semi-hard suitcase, though.

i remember that now

somebody on mr2oc posted a pic with one of those filled with ice and beers
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 12-31-2013, 03:18 PM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#555  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.