General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Typhoon43

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
the new generation of car owners is shit

they're all "swagger" this and "tuckin 24's" that

Oh I know. They're on the Benz boards too. Welcome to car culture.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Man.. just lost a debate in Mr2oc fagbook that was trying to establish whether or not the CHP would use an sw20 as a pursuit vehicle. Apparently the SW20 would make a perfect cop car in spite of its short wheel base and unique handling characteristics. (Which woukd probably result in a ham fisted pig flipping onto the roof) but I was assured that I was mistaken by a nearly fully college educated gentleman "your dumb ghettoraid it would be the perfect pursuit vehicle"

I would think that the fact that it hasn't been produced in like 20 years would be more of a deterrent than the relatively scant power, flimsy construction and widowmaker handling, any of which is probably a good enough reason for the CHP to look elsewhere.

And I agree, the newest group of car enthusiasts always strike me as morons.

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

Yep... all this 'stance' that is making the round right now is ridiculous.

I had to laugh because this 'Rican in an EH Civic, kitted out like the example below, missed two traffic lights purely because he could not accelerate or turn in a timely fashion. It was like watching Miss Daisy at the wheel, only she was cruising to to Reggae-tone and had an affinity for FATLACE stickers.

"Oh hay, race cars run negative camber, low profile tires and are low to the ground; so I have a race car now, right?"

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopefishLives View Post
Yep... all this 'stance' that is making the round right now is ridiculous.

I had to laugh because this 'Rican in an EH Civic, kitted out like the example below, missed two traffic lights purely because he could not accelerate or turn in a timely fashion. It was like watching Miss Daisy at the wheel, only she cruising to to Reggae-tone and had an affinity for FATLACE stickers.

"Oh hay, race cars run negative camber, low profile tires and are low to the ground; so I have a race car now, right?"
The thing that amuses me the most about that is that most of them are completely aware that they're sacrificing most of the car's performance for style, and many of them are even freely willing to admit this.

But they don't care. They think it looks cool, and that's apparently all that matters to them.

Edit: If it weren't for the excessive negative camber and lowered suspension (and wheel spacers?), that particular car would actually look OK, to me. I like that generation of the Civic.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

There are dumb fads for every decade.

These are just extensions of existing stupidity. I actually thought that shit more or less went extinct (20s, stance, etc) because i really don't see that on BMW boards. At least not the M3 forum, so I will assume it speaks of the people who drive these cars.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

That is a good-looking car. Any one done up an MR-2 with a set of Gram Lights 57's, without going huge or stancified?

Edit:

....Nissan parts seem to pair well with these things.

gribly

I hate stanced shit and all this appearance . I did have my rear wing covered in black vinyl though… but that's just because a US spec EP3 in silver looks like a fucked up egg from the rear. Breaking up the color fixed it. I've still just got the air box and exhaust as only mods. New motor mounts, motor mount inserts and longer header are still waiting on the shelf. Nothing's broken, so I haven't bothered to take the subframe out of my car with all the snow. Plus, I gotta get the other civic finished first, one at a time.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopefishLives View Post
That is a good-looking car. Any one done up an MR-2 with a set of Gram Lights 57's, without going huge or stancified?

Edit:

....Nissan parts seem to pair well with these things.

Yea forged r32 rimzzz n2b

DopefishLives

Yea, I use to lust for a set of those on my S14, before I got the Mustang Bullitts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gribly View Post
I hate stanced shit and all this appearance . I did have my rear wing covered in black vinyl though… but that's just because a US spec EP3 in silver looks like a fucked up egg from the rear. Breaking up the color fixed it. I've still just got the air box and exhaust as only mods. New motor mounts, motor mount inserts and longer header are still waiting on the shelf. Nothing's broken, so I haven't bothered to take the subframe out of my car with all the snow. Plus, I gotta get the other civic finished first, one at a time.

I really like Hondas, loved my old Si, I just hate what most people do to them. Honda knows how to kit out a Civic.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

BORKED

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

I remember when I wanted a 3sgte in my celica

Then I realized it's still a 4 cylinder in a FWD

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

still would have been fun as shit...sleeper status.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

I like how the best 90s toyota four banger was made by yamaha

I even found one for cheap with 44k but i wanted the 3rd gen specifically... and came to my senses. The celica served me well though.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

I think they only designed the head.. probably wrong tho