General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

evildre

2x "Unknown Device" w/ATI X800 Pro?

I changed my system from an Intel D915PBL/P4 3.4 to an Asus A8N-SLI/A64 3500+ today, which meant I had to reload XP Pro. Yes, I tried to get Sysprep to work, but it didn't I have an ATI X800 Pro card. I know that, before I load video drivers, the system will report "VGA Controller" or something like that in Device Manager. Now, after I loaded the Catalyst 5.3s, I am getting two "Unknown Device" entries in Device Manager. When I check their properties, the General tab informs me that both of the devices are "on RADEON X800 PRO". When I check the "Hardware Ids" in the Details tab, one says DISPLAY\NTativmd34, and the other says DISPLAY\NTativrv34. I hate having question marks in my Device Manager. How do I get rid of these?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

slick rick

hmm try right clicking on one, uninstall, the hit the scan for hardware button, it should re-detect and install the drivers

evildre

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick
hmm try right clicking on one, uninstall, the hit the scan for hardware button, it should re-detect and install the drivers
I've done that ... I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the 5.3s (and 5.2s and 5.1s) numerous times.

I installed the 4.11s and the devices are now gone. It seems that the two devices were "ATI WDM Rage Theater Video" and "ATI WDM Specialized MVD Codec". Will the 5.x drivers even work with my card?

RedManThatCould

Sorry for the bump, but i didn't feel like making a new thread since this one already existed.

I read on a few different forums people having the same issue, since i had it right now, as i was installing drivers for my ATi original x800xt pci-express.

The common feeling was to uninstall catalyst 5.3, and install 5.2

I thought i might as well give it a shot, and it did in fact resolve the issue of the two unknown devices.