Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Lord Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReD DrakE
not really related but

windows xp pron? i was misled by the title

amdmachine
/evil/bin
EILLE! NE DIT PAS SA A MOI!! I hit isajeep tards for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck
I can't honestly believe that 1 single copy of this will sell. You surely can't sell it at a lower price, because then you'd have to charge for downloading media player? So exactly why would you buy it?

The EU is full of idiots *cough* Kilroy *cough*
OEMs

amdmachine
/evil/bin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbDemon
people be trusted to think for themselves and make their own descicions?
With a monopoly?

Personally, I don't care if it's bundled, BUT LET ME UNINSTALL IT PLEASE!

Psyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by /evil/bin
OEMs
And please do educate us on on why exactly an OEM would choose to bundle one over the other?

ILikeLife
ph34r teh pixel doggah

i think it is retared, let them bundle it if they want too, i think the whole thing with anti trust and IE becase they bundled it is retarded!

amdmachine
/evil/bin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck
And please do educate us on on why exactly an OEM would choose to bundle one over the other?
Because Mr. Apple or Mr. Real would like that newly PCs to be shipped with Mr. iTunes or Mr. Real?

amdmachine
/evil/bin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeLife
i think it is retared, let them bundle it if they want too, i think the whole thing with anti trust and IE becase they bundled it is retarded!
Thanks for adding the same that's already been posted in this thread!

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:
Because Mr. Apple or Mr. Real would like that newly PCs to be shipped with Mr. iTunes or Mr. Real?

HPs are shipped with iTunes, and microsoft didn't have to release a modified version of XP for them to do so...

amdmachine
/evil/bin

Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja:
HPs are shipped with iTunes, and microsoft didn't have to release a modified version of XP for them to do so...
But now they have the choice (in Europe), I'm sure Mr. Apple with prefer to not include Windows Media Player at all...

And next time I'm juarez-ing XP, I will obviously take the N edition. WMP since version 7 is the .

Quote:
But now they have the choice (in Europe), I'm sure Mr. Apple with prefer to not include Windows Media Player at all...

And next time I'm juarez-ing XP, I will obviously take the N edition. WMP since version 7 is the .

Mr. Apple doesn't sell PCs...

They made a deal with HP. HP got their name on the iPod, and Apple got iTunes to ship on all HP PCs.

So let me get this straight...

Europe wants Microsoft to make a version of XP without WMP, so that Apple can make a deal with European OEMs to ship with iTunes?

How does that not sound fucked up?

I suppose next Europe will be whining that Microsoft shouldn't be able to ship XP with their own explorer shell?

Let's just take everything Microsoft out of Microsoft Windows XP, so that European OEMs have a choice.

Last edited by :ninja:; 03-29-2005 at 03:59 PM..

dastrike

The EU does many seemingly idiotic things... Remember, they are just a bunch of politicians, it isn't like they understand things.

What is much more worrying is the dealing with software patents that the EU Commission is pretty much going over the head of the parliament. (Parliament says: "restart the entire patent issue process", Commision says: "fuck you"). We will effectively be assreamed if that patent crap goes through.

amdmachine
/evil/bin

Quote:

Mr. Apple doesn't sell PCs...

They made a deal with HP. HP got their name on the iPod, and Apple got iTunes to ship on all HP PCs.

So let me get this straight...

Europe wants Microsoft to make a version of XP without WMP, so that Apple can make a deal with European OEMs to ship with iTunes?

How does that not sound fucked up?

I suppose next Europe will be whining that Microsoft shouldn't be able to ship XP with their own explorer shell?

Let's just take everything Microsoft out of Microsoft Windows XP, so that European OEMs have a choice.
Of course, Mr.Apple will go trough Mr. HP... that's obvious.

And it's mostly Real that sued, and yes, you could say "Europe wants Microsoft to make a version of XP without WMP, so that Apple can make a deal with European OEMs to ship with iTunes". It's forcing competition.

And don't forget about the unlawful pratices that Microsoft has gone trough. The fine is not to force Microsoft to do what it should have done before (because bundling is legal as far as I know), it's so competition can survive. In other words, Microsoft isn't fined because it bundled stuff with Windows, it's because they are an illegal monopoly.

Quote:
Of course, Mr.Apple will go trough Mr. HP... that's obvious.

And it's mostly Real that sued, and yes, you could say "Europe wants Microsoft to make a version of XP without WMP, so that Apple can make a deal with European OEMs to ship with iTunes". It's forcing competition.

And don't forget about the unlawful pratices that Microsoft has gone trough. The fine is not to force Microsoft to do what it should have done before (because bundling is legal as far as I know), it's so competition can survive. In other words, Microsoft isn't fined because it bundled stuff with Windows, it's because they are an illegal monopoly.

wow... so this is okay because they are busting them on something that ISN'T ILLEGAL so that they can make up for what Microsoft did in the past?

if you ask me.

You don't seem to understand... no matter which media player XP comes with, it's not "fair" competition, because the consumer pays for the media player... even if they don't want to use it.

Slapping Microsoft to remove WMP so that European PCs can ship with Real is fucking ridiculous.

Last edited by :ninja:; 03-29-2005 at 04:12 PM..

amdmachine
/evil/bin

Quote:
wow... so this is okay because they are busting them on something that ISN'T ILLEGAL so that they can make up for what Microsoft did in the past?

if you ask me.
They try to find ways to open competition, that's all. I don't call this "busting".
Maybe not the best way to, I agree.

Quote:
You don't seem to understand... no matter which media player XP comes with, it's not "fair" competition, because the consumer pays for the media player... even if they don't want to use it. .
Huh.. ... the consumer can always choose not to buy a HP computer...