General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General Forums > Forum & Network
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

odecom5
I have to dress my dick up like celery so my lesbian butch of a gf will suck it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M|22 View Post
maybe make the post history like i wanted originally

i'll make it how you want it

edit. putting time limit on posts was useless and stupid the first time we tried it, why are we doing it again?

its like making a sequel to jeepers creepers
STRAIGHT UP 39TH STREET NIGGAH ALWAYS BALLIN ALWAYS HUSTLIN' 394L NEVER FRONTIN NEVER HATIN #37

How fast does a zebra have to go before it looks gray?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

hopesfall
For a 13.8k, I sure am a fucking retard. Breaking and entering is my life. PS: FUCK YOU GENMAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizofoshizo View Post
well there is, but I'll leave it to an admin to explain.

if you need some sort of post record then why dont you do what SA does and keep the original post before edit stored that only admins can see.

there are other very logical and less intrusive solutions problems like this if you just take a little time to think them out.

Ender17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizofoshizo View Post
well there is, but I'll leave it to an admin to explain.

why not just explain it?
the reason I'm so skeptical is every other forum I'm a member of manages just fine with allowing posts to be edited and most of them are much larger and definitely of a more serious nature than this one (which is 90% just for ting around)

Matty
:gaycool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M|22 View Post
maybe make the post history like i wanted originally

We can but it's gonna add an int to every row in the post table. Do you think it can handle that?

And yeah, as has been mentioned it's to prevent post blanking. Someone starts a thread, either gets their answer or doesn't like where it's going, and blanks out all their posts. It's annoying and distructive, and ruins the thread for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

hopesfall
For a 13.8k, I sure am a fucking retard. Breaking and entering is my life. PS: FUCK YOU GENMAY!

that's fucking retarded. using a boulder to kill an ant. personally i dont give a shit if someone blanks their post. if it was worthwhile in the first place someone would have quoted it, and i dont even see it ever happen.

the decisions made on this forum fucking amaze me. no other forum does this sort of shit.

Ender17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesfall View Post
that's fucking retarded. using a boulder to kill an ant. personally i dont give a shit if someone blanks their post. if it was worthwhile in the first place someone would have quoted it, and i dont even see it ever happen.

the decisions made on this forum fucking amaze me. no other forum does this sort of shit.
wow, couldn't have said it better myself

Clever Name
gayniggers from outer space

this is a poor decision.

to clarify with an example, recently i took the time to make a "guess the song sample" thread. this involved me edited the original post with the answers so the thread would immediately be updated. these sorts of threads that are ongoing--lasting longer than 30 minutes--are impossible with this new rule. i think the benefits of this edit limit are negligible in comparison to whatever perceived advantages there may be (keeping people from editing out ill-advised posts).

Last edited by Clever Name; 01-26-2008 at 11:33 PM..

VanFanel
THERE IS NO DATA HERE - NONE AT ALL! \o/

it should probably be eliminated in Deals and Steals

awesomepossum

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanFanel View Post
it should probably be eliminated in Deals and Steals

it can't be forum specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHermit View Post
lol don't PM me to edit your threads in D&S.

Last edited by awesomepossum; 01-28-2008 at 07:08 AM..

hopesfall

welp its pretty clear that our esteemed moderators are too fucking lazy to edit posts for people even in subforums where post edits are a necessity. i got a pm saying that meet threads get edited like 10-15 times a day, and i know that not a single mod on this forum is going to give enough shit about his position to help out someone that needs that sort of editing done.

i dont even know why i bother.

Nizofoshizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomepossum View Post
it can't be forum specific.

Just another reason why he shouldn't be a mod, if you want edits made to your D&S threads then feel free to PM me.

Nizofoshizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesfall View Post
welp its pretty clear that our esteemed moderators are too fucking lazy to edit posts for people even in subforums where post edits are a necessity. i got a pm saying that meet threads get edited like 10-15 times a day, and i know that not a single mod on this forum is going to give enough shit about his position to help out someone that needs that sort of editing done.

i dont even know why i bother.

PM me and stop shitting on a group of moderators you know nothing about, just because Dhermit can be awkward doesn't mean that everyone else is.

joe nathan
joe nathan doesn't ask for dick. joe nathan tells you the way it is, or else.

if it ain't broke... stick your thumb up your ass.

KorruptioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty View Post
And yeah, as has been mentioned it's to prevent post blanking. Someone starts a thread, either gets their answer or doesn't like where it's going, and blanks out all their posts. It's annoying and distructive, and ruins the thread for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

How often does this actually happen? I've only seen it happen a few times in CGHMN... but they were shitty threads anyway. Like somebody else has said, anything incriminating would be quoted.

Poor decision.

Ender17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorruptioN View Post
How often does this actually happen? I've only seen it happen a few times in CGHMN... but they were shitty threads anyway. Like somebody else has said, anything incriminating would be quoted.

Poor decision.

yeah I think it seems more like a desperate attempt to save anything that might be funny in hopes of there being some hilarious vault worthy threads like back in the day

thing is, we didn't have it back then and it was fine, so we don't need it now
quit trying so hard to produce original content and make the forum notable and just let people do what they want (ie, mayhem)