General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

OH!!!!

Why did I think 401k is the same as a traditional IRA then? Hmmm.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

What do you recommend to invest the funds in?

Im thinking of just going with an S&P500 index for peace of mind. VFINX in particular or maybe their Target Retirement 2050. Both stock based obviously but the index I assume would carry lesser risk.

afxacid

fuck if i know and you shouldnt be taking that kind of advice from people on the internet, anyways

acidfast7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
What do you recommend to invest the funds in?

Im thinking of just going with an S&P500 index for peace of mind. VFINX in particular or maybe their Target Retirement 2050. Both stock based obviously but the index I assume would carry lesser risk.

I'm boring and dump huge monies into VFIFX

Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by afxacid View Post
fuck if i know and you shouldnt be taking that kind of advice from people on the internet, anyways

But the internet is serios bidness.

Aseras

I think you need to find a good cpa/tax accountant. One little fuck up in this stuff will cost you way more than their fees to do it right.

Lurker

I will do that. Thanks.

Lurker

read this article guys.
http://www.smartmoney.com/personal-f...rsions-easier/

The way the second paragraph starts, it almost sounds like conversion was always an option. Just this year who is eligible has changed.

I could be wrong though, reading comp was never my strong suit.

Last edited by Lurker; 12-14-2010 at 02:10 PM..

afxacid

yeah, that's right - limits have been removed and looks like you could always do conversion as long as your AGI was < $100,000.