General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Deals and Steals
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Kay
I think you're crazy, maybe

Official Troll Thread

If you've been trolled PM me with the persons information and I will update this first post. Afterwards, explain what happened by replying to this thread.

Keep troll discussion in this thread only. Thanks.

KNOWN FORUM TROLLS - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM

Forum name: DesignatedD
AIM: designateddustin
known email addresses: designateddustin@yahoo.com dustinzero00@yahoo.com
Dustin Leavy
241 Buckman Road
Rochester NY 14615
585 865 4442

Forum name:XLR82HARD
AIM:xlr82hard
Email:speedracerxp@hotmail.com
Name:Justin Johansen
Info: Retard in general; took 30 days+ to ship a package...not known if package ever arrived or not. Do not trade with him, very unprofessional.

Quote:

This info from "Gabe":

Getting trolled is one of the most annoying parts of buying and selling on the internet, here are some helpful tips to keep you on top of the game:

Have good communication with the buyer/seller, make sure you know his address and phone number before you complete anything, and verify his address/phone number (try reverse look up on www.infospace.com)

If possible, attempt to pay via Escrow or Paypal, they offer buyer protection services that you do not have with a check or money order, plus a lot of times it is more convenient. Never pay with cash.

Always ship with delivery confirmation or some form of tracking, insurance is also recommended and it does not cost much. Be wary of shipping to P.O. Boxes.

Check the person's rating with eBay, Paypal, Heatware (www.heatware.com) or Tech Monkeys (www.tech-monkeys.com/) If the person does not have any prior transactions, attempt to have the person ship first or have extensive information to ensure you are not trolled.

Check common lists of known trolls,
http://www.pcabusers.net/forums/show...?threadid=5254
*UPDATED OCT-05*

Already trolled?
File a complaint online with the FBI: http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp
and if you shipped with the USPS: http://www.usps.com/

Most Attorney Generals' websites have similar tools to file complaints, as well as other shipping companies.

Hope this helps you guys out.

Last edited by DHermit; 01-12-2007 at 12:31 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

cocoa999

The guy's info:
(snipped, it's above), this is about designatedd/dustin leavy
BTW, i didn't provide the number for you to prank call it, but rather to know if you are in a deal with him.

The story:

First: I didn't lose any money to the guy, but he lied to me for two weeks about the status of the transaction. He's certainly not someone I would trust with my money before I got goods.

On June 21, this person contacted me via AIM in response to a WTB thread I posted on for a iPod. This was a 10GB, 2nd generation iPod. He originally wanted $200 but went as low as $140 since he wanted the money for a camera. I agreed to paypal upon reciept of the iPod and gave him my UPS account number to ship it, he promised to ship on Monday (7/23). On Monday he said he was unable to ship it and that he would ship tommorrow. He indicated that Fedex may be more convienient so I gave him my Fedex account number as well. On Tueday, June 24, I unsuccessfully attempted to contact him via AIM. He "signed off" after some of my IMs but appeared to be online when I used a different screen name.

On June 25 I called and spoke to his mom who agreed to ship the iPod via USPS at work the next day. I heard nothing further until yesterday (Tuesday, July 2) when he sent the following email:

"sry man, but at the last second i found someone whgo
was willing to pay
180 for it."

My response to that email was as follows. I phoned him today and he hung up.

"Actually, you lied to me. I bought $100+ of accessories (case, power adaptor, FM transmitter, software, etc) for this iPod. I need it for a trip for which I am leaving Thursday. Furthermore, your mom confirmed that she would be shipping it when I called Wednesday. Now I am out $100 in accessories which are absolutely useless considering I am leaving for a long trip soon and needed the iPod for that- and you didn't even have the courtesy to notify me ahead of time so I could find another iPod. I intend on calling tommorrow and explaining this situation to your mom since she agreed to send it to me."

My other threads concerning this:
http://www.genmay.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=153734
http://www.genmay.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=157940

Thank god I'm not out money. I'd advise extreme caution when dealing with this person.

Last edited by cocoa999; 07-02-2003 at 05:51 PM..

OwnageByRadeon

I might know some people out in rochester. Do we need some third rate rent a thugs? :P

"shut the fuck you radeon" ~gotho

cocoa999

Quote:
Originally posted by OwnageByRadeon
I might know some people out in rochester. Do we need some third rate rent a thugs? :P
nah, if i was out money, maybe

jay kay

jcsinep

i live in Rochester, NY

Comatose51

I just wanted to add that anything for less than $500 does not require a written contract. I think you can, if you want, take him to court for it. Basically, the case would be, he offered and you accepted his offer. You giving him the Fedex/UPS account number and him agreeing to ship it might constitute considerations (I'm pretty bad at consideration since I'm not really a lawyer. I'm taking a law class right now and we went over contract laws) Just a head up that you might have a case.

Also a warning to those who's thinking about trolling....

wildthing

Quote:
Originally posted by Comatose51
I just wanted to add that anything for less than $500 does not require a written contract.
actually, correct may if I'M wrong, but i think you might be

isn't it everything over FIVE dollars does need a contract, and that contract being the receipt you receive after you make the purchase ?

sorry for being offtopic, you cant just pm the answer?

Comatose51

Quote:
Originally posted by wildthing
actually, correct may if I'M wrong, but i think you might be

isn't it everything over FIVE dollars does need a contract, and that contract being the receipt you receive after you make the purchase ?

sorry for being offtopic, you cant just pm the answer?

It could vary from state to state. So this could just be for CT where my school is.

Liar
Kiddie Corral Material

Be careful out there...

"texican is an asshole, but he is OUR asshole." - ded

Last edited by Liar; 12-24-2003 at 05:08 AM..

Toxic | Vapor

any chance i could call up the jacksonville police department and see if i can get more info from there?

f00ker
D15 > LS1

Kay, update this thread with the most recent ass holes.

suffocate
Ariez

I was trolled by a user in this forum. He still post here, Name was Mr. Havok or something. Watch out for this prick. Granted it wasnt a lot of money, or i will have his head, but its not the money that counts, its the priciple of the deal.

zoopnazi
no zoop for you

Lyquist is a troll, beware

California Pizza Chicken

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

XLR82HARD, selling to him was no problem. Fast payment, and very responsive to PM's.

huxley
Don't respond to me, I can't read your posts :(

kay is a pretty negligent admin for this forum, no offense