General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

kristchan
Jewish [M]other of [M]ayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Singing Detective
Is there a method of chemical contraception that is 'gentler' on women than the pill?
Assuming you've already tried the minipill, I think you're screwed.

Can you get the sponge or the cap in Canada?
Would you consider condom + NFP as an option?
I hated being on the pill, so once I start screwing on a regular basis again, Im going to use Persona (plus condom). I know you can't get it in the US. Not sure about Canada. but you can order it online.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

The Singing Detective
I can't creep up on people like I'm in a Marx Brothers' film.

I certainly haven't come across the term "minipill" before - a quick glance at the OP's FDA link suggests it *might* be helpful. I'm attending a Birth Control Summit with my girl and her doctor in early September, so I'll certainly bring it up as a possibility.

Persona looks *extremely* interesting. That in combination with condoms (which are fine with both of us) could be the best non-chemical solution possible. Many thanks for pointing it out, krist.

WickedAngel

A few questions;

Are there any sites that have tested the reliability of different brands of condoms? I think it would be beneficial to everyone to know the difference between those that do their jobs and those that couldn't even hold a thimble of water.

Also; my girlfriend and I have been together several times. I've never been in without a condom (Nor do I plan on it). Whenever I'm about to finish, I take her off of me. She is still a bit nervous about sex and I'm trying to get a handle on how likely it would be for prejaculation to go through a condom and get her pregnant (I'm not even sure if it's possible...it probably is, but very unlikely). I won't let myself finish inside, but you can't really feel prejac when you've got a condom on (You can't feel much of anything actually, but that's not the point).

Arjuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedAngel
A few questions;

Are there any sites that have tested the reliability of different brands of condoms? I think it would be beneficial to everyone to know the difference between those that do their jobs and those that couldn't even hold a thimble of water.

Also; my girlfriend and I have been together several times. I've never been in without a condom (Nor do I plan on it). Whenever I'm about to finish, I take her off of me. She is still a bit nervous about sex and I'm trying to get a handle on how likely it would be for prejaculation to go through a condom and get her pregnant (I'm not even sure if it's possible...it probably is, but very unlikely). I won't let myself finish inside, but you can't really feel prejac when you've got a condom on (You can't feel much of anything actually, but that's not the point).

Unless the condom breaks, no sperm is going to get through it. The pores in modern condoms are small enough to block viruses - there is no way a eukaryotic cell (even one as comparably small as sperm) is going to get through unless the condom has been compromised.

kristchan
Jewish [M]other of [M]ayhem

Quote:
A few questions;

yes. and it's in this thread.

WickedAngel

Maybe I'm just blind but I didn't see it in the opening post.

**EDIT**

I see now. That information should definately be added to the opening post.

Last edited by WickedAngel; 09-05-2005 at 02:45 PM..

Rancidpunk666

i just saw a commercial for one of thoes fly-by-night law firms advertising to sue ortho evra patch...

anyone else see this???
.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings

gg
Kato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Newton
i just saw a commercial for one of thoes fly-by-night law firms advertising to sue ortho evra patch...

anyone else see this???
Law firms are suing everyone over everything; this should not alarm you.
As soon as we sail on to Cane Garden Bay

lannie_poo

it increases ur chance of getting blood clots... especially when you smoke...

once my benefits kick in, im going back on bc...

DarthWombaT
"The Man" who impregnated your sister

Wow 14% on Male Condom seems like a high number X_X

WickedAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthWombaT
Wow 14% on Male Condom seems like a high number X_X

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of those failures are the freebies that people are getting from clinics/colleges.

All condoms aren't created equal.

dementer
Last 2k without a title.

I know my GF in allergic to damn near everythng (not latex though) but...
I was going to get spermicide condoms, but i am not sure if she will have a reaction with them...
best way to test it other than go and it and see what happens later when she is in pain, iching badly, or [insert allergic reaction here]?
or just skip it and go with normal ones?
thx
Pilot-William McCool
Cmdr-Rick Husband
MS2-Laurel Clark
MS3-David Brown
Payload Spec-Ilan Ramon
[M] Döner Crew

John Holmes
jaime21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementer
I know my GF in allergic to damn near everythng (not latex though) but...
I was going to get spermicide condoms, but i am not sure if she will have a reaction with them...
best way to test it other than go and it and see what happens later when she is in pain, iching badly, or [insert allergic reaction here]?
or just skip it and go with normal ones?
thx

Maybe buy the pack of 3 and open one and rub it on her wrist or some place besides her vagina. Ask her if she wants to try it/risk it too. She may not really want to take that risk.

dementer
Last 2k without a title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime21
Maybe buy the pack of 3 and open one and rub it on her wrist or some place besides her vagina. Ask her if she wants to try it/risk it too. She may not really want to take that risk.
ok, that is what i was thinking of trying, anyone else have any experiance?
Pilot-William McCool
Cmdr-Rick Husband
MS2-Laurel Clark
MS3-David Brown
Payload Spec-Ilan Ramon
[M] Döner Crew

Arjuna

Quote:
I'd be willing to bet that the majority of those failures are the freebies that people are getting from clinics/colleges.

All condoms aren't created equal.

I'm willing to bet that the vast, vast majority of college condom failures are due to people not using the condoms correctly and not due to the condoms themselves.

Not all condoms are created equal, but they must all pass minimum safety standards, and that bar is set pretty high (at least in the United States). The fact that many freebie condoms aren't prelubricated is something that is probably directly related to condom breakages however. Most colleges/clinics will also distribute lubrication on the side, so if you are getting your condoms from there make sure you use the lube as well.